Has anyone been noticing…?

• Before this game had its free weekend on Steam i never saw hackers much. Unfortunately with the new wave of players that joined the chivalry fanbase on that weekend, also came a fresh wave of hacks. To be specific, i have noticed that certain people are able to attain ungodly KDR’s in Free for all, team objective etc. with the Knight class, armed with 2h/1h swords as a weapon. Im not sure if its the patch/update, or the fact that certain people can run faster based on their CPU’s overclock, but these knights are swinging FAST!. very fast. But these sped up swings are not as obvious to the new players, just faster than i know the knight should swing, and i have been playing this game since its initial release(so addicting). Anyways, i got curious to see if anyone has made hacks for this game, and after simply googling “chivalry medieval warfare hacks” i got a full results page of forum after forum of ritual cheaters requesting this game to have hacks. HOW LOW CAN PEOPLE GET. BTW guess how much it costs to have hacks for your games? like 40 bucks a month, i have a new found hate for these people, the most pathetic business ive seen in the gaming community. So apparently there is some guy “Helios” on one of those websites that everyone is begging to make hacks for this game, just thought i should let you guys know. Has anyone else noticed anything fishy lately?

• Hackers have been tweaking things like stamina values, swing speeds, and movement speed very slightly to give them a ridiculous but very hard to notice advantage in melee combat. In fact the only way to notice such things is after hours upon hours of playing the game and learning timing and what to expect from the enemy.

There’s also terrible hackers like a guy I saw in LTS arena, the second our gate opened he was already outside of it swinging xD.

• As time progresses, players get better at games. When individuals encounter more and more skilled players than they’re used to, it’s natural to question ‘hack’ usage.

I think players are just figuring out how to effectively incorporate feints and combos into their strategy, thus coming at you ‘faster’. The days of LMB, RMB, repeat are over. Sure, there are some that may hack, but I’m sure not to the scale that people on these forums tend to think.

• @JHoersten2:

As time progresses, players get better at games. When individuals encounter more and more skilled players than they’re used to, it’s natural to question ‘hack’ usage.

I think players are just figuring out how to effectively incorporate feints and combos into their strategy, thus coming at you ‘faster’. The days of LMB, RMB, repeat are over. Sure, there are some that may hack, but I’m sure not to the scale that people on these forums tend to think.

I ran into a guy playing vanguard who swung his sword 12 times back to back (I counted in spectate) with no stamina penalties killing 6 people in a few seconds while moving twice as fast as everyone. The entire server saw it and kicked him. You’ll know when you’re losing to a great player as opposed to a player who isn’t playing by the same constraints once you have enough hours under your belt or you encounter an imbecile like this guy, and trust me, there are a lot of hackers griefing servers for this game already, they just get kicked within seconds but the damage is still done.

All it takes to hack is one skilled capatalist asshole to program it, and then past that point the barrier for entry is a lack of intelligence and an abundance of disposable income.

• @ltj:

You’ll know when you’re losing to a great player as opposed to a player who isn’t playing by the same constraints once you have enough hours under your belt

There are many threads on this very board of people who can’t distinguish between the two. It’s not as much of a black/white line as you’re trying to portray - some of these hackers only improve themselves by 2-5%, which could very easily blend in with a skilled player’s actions.

• Right now there are no public or paid hacks made for this game. Helios will likely not be making a hack for this game because his company only works with traditional FPSes. You’ll mostly see speedhackers and you’ll occasionally run into “that dude”.

• Where there is tech, there will be hackers. That’s how life goes. :)

• I play a knight and since the patch can increase the speed of my swing by quite a lot by using the alt-slash and quickly turning to my right. So much so that people have said “wow, fast swings” and some have accused me of hacking. Many of the alt-animations can be made to hit faster, the actual animation takes the same time but it connects with the target quicker if you know what you’re doing. That could be part of what you’re seeing?

• I’ve only seen two hackers since this patch.

• I’m one of those people who give others the benefit of the doubt and only as a last resort would I call someone a cheater/hacker when all evidence points to it.

But I have noticed one person while spectating on a match where you push the body cart (we were near the water gates) when a knight was standing in one spot… then zoomed forward towards my approaching team.

I don’t mean Zoom as he seemed slightly faster than most… he flew off my screen and travelled what seemed to be 20 feet in about 1.5 seconds.

Before that happened, in the same match, a guy named “Adolf Hitler” (how original) was topping the charts with a very superior K/D ratio and eventually I was face to face with him. He was a Knight Class and with a Pole Axe, he wasn’t just swinging slightly faster than normal for the sized weapon, I didn’t even have time to react when BAM BAM BAM one after the other and only slightly between the sounds of me actually getting hit, I was dropped pretty damn fast. It was about as fast as getting shanked with a dagger by an archer.

I called him out for it and said that was pretty damn fast swinging for such a weapon and called a vote kick…. of course as soon as he was called out on it and the vote kick came up, there was no argument, he just left the server almost immediately… kinda tells you right there.

There were only a few other times where I have encountered someone swinging away at me a hell of a lot faster than I have ever experienced from many other players… and I know a combo or fient when I see one, even with lag… there’s a difference between lag and someone hitting me 3-4 consecutive times with little to no pause in between… and unless TB introduces 4 hit combos in the game, something is up.

luckily enough though, the amount of obvious hacks/cheats I have encountered are far and few between the legit players.

• I don’t think I’ve noticed any hackers post patch, just good players and I’ve played enough to know the difference.

The duel servers are great for bringing up the level of your game. The players that rule the duel servers 10-0 are deadly to face. Throw them on a pub official server with their sped up attacks, feints, footwork, and they would destroy everyone. Of course people would call hacks but it is not the case.

• I recently played some FFA with Helios in them and he must not have had his hacks on because I won several games.

I think the reason people can rack up a bunch of kills in FFA is because a lot of noobs go there to unlock weapons or click spam.

• @JHoersten2:

As time progresses, players get better at games. When individuals encounter more and more skilled players than they’re used to, it’s natural to question ‘hack’ usage.

You are naive man. Naive like most of the others who cling to this game. It has no anti-cheat. Cheats have almost tripled in the last month. Do you even google anything. Seriously. I can’t play games like you do with both eyes closed. 20+ years as a gamer and some google/youtube research says you know jack all but comfortable with anything. That equates to naive.

• @Flukester:

You are naive man. Naive like most of the others who cling to this game. It has no anti-cheat. Cheats have almost tripled in the last month. Do you even google anything. Seriously. I can’t play games like you do with both eyes closed. 20+ years as a gamer and some google/youtube research says you know jack all but comfortable with anything. That equates to naive.

Yes, I’m super naive, you got me. You’re so much more experienced, crying hacks whenever you’re beaten, because they’re so rampant, right? It’s truly an epidemic indeed - why we should really just assume that every player we encounter is running some form of hack merely because they can.

Keep living your life with your eyes so “wide open”. Lmao I forget, you have the internet, thus you must be a genius, right? Aren’t we all so lucky.

• I saw someone attack unusually fast but brushed it off… moments later a couple other people accused him of speedhacking and then he stopped (maybe fear of getting kicked/reported?). Bleh… hackers…

Is there any console command to see how fast someone’s actually moving? It would be quite beneficial to proving who is/isn’t hacking. I like to know for sure before even accusing…

• To be specific, i have noticed that certain people are able to attain ungodly KDR’s in Free for all, team objective etc. with the Knight class, armed with 2h/1h swords as a weapon. Im not sure if its the patch/update, or the fact that certain people can run faster based on their CPU’s overclock, but these knights are swinging FAST!

You can speed up your attacks by dragging your mouse left-right (or right-left, up-down, depends on the direction of your attack). It was supposed to be an interesting feature, but I think it’s exploiting weak points of the combat mechanic and should be changed.