Owning an abusive ingame troll

• This is the true and sad story about what can happen when you are a bully and harass someone ingame.
    Please note that I have not done any harm to this individual and that he has nothing to fear from me, I will not reveal his identity or info anywere. All the info I found is info he himself made public and posted online, none of it was discovered using illegal means.
    This guy should thank me for pointing this out to him before someone with bad intentions did. He does not really deserve this good gesture but I like to be nice.
    Also I instantly felt sorry for him when he harassed me, and that feeling got stronger when I learned who he was. Poor guy, really. I feel a responsibility to at least try to help him.

I know that anyone can just as easily find out who I am so thats why Im being extra nice online, to not give anyone reason to hate me :)

Allright. Some guy was extremely abusive in the game to everyone, searching for someone that took offense and then went down on them like a sledgehammer. He admitted he did it for fun, he liked to piss people off online but said he was a great guy IRL. He said he had a perfect life IRL. But he needed to harass people to make himself feel good and had been doing it for years. For him, the game is just an excuse, his real fun comes out of harassing people and he said he could not do that offline.

He thought no one could find out who he was and that all his info was hidden and secret.

I clicked his steam-usernames, these are visible even if your profile is private.
    He had user names in his native language revealing his rough location.
    He also used his main nickname that he thought was safe and bragged about his Chivalry warrior on this forum. He posted that bragging post in his regular nickname. That linksed his steam-abusive-nickname to his regular nickname.
    I found his fitness-blog where he has posted pictures of his body, his surname, his weight (75kg) and his age (21 years).
    On a spiritualist forum he requested a change in nickname to this regular nickname, revealing his old username.

That old username was permanently banned from a counterstrike server for racism, and that ban-site also lists other usernames he used. Including one he never could imagine anyone to find out. This is the username he used for a date website profile and if I wanted to, I could make a profile there and milk him for all kinds of information.

I found his fitnessblog profile. This abusive online bully was very skinny, 21 years old, 150 pounds. No wonder he said he could not bully people offline.
    I know his first name, found photos of his body and face, as well as the city he lives in.
    His average reaction time (0,223 seconds according to a site where he tested himself), He got 27% of his frags in CounterStrike with the sniper rifle AWP.
    He uses medications he uses to cure his acne problems and posted several photos where he shows his illness and writes a lengthy post about it seeking help to get rid of it. He explains what kind of meds he has used and says he uses a type of tobacco called snus.
    I also found his user on a spiritual/superstition forum and he believes in some really weird stuff. He also thinks he has ASPD, something I bet is a requirement in order to behave the way he does. No regard for other people, unless it has concequences from himself.
    I also know that he is single and “looking for friendship”. And that he made a purchase on ebay in november last year, and what store be bought that item from. And he visited Brazil for three weeks at roughly the same time.
    He has problems with his self confidence and he blames that on his acne that deforms his face, he says, a problem he has had for many years that began shorly after he started using tobacco.

I probably know more about him than many of his online friends do, and if I wanted to I could easily add them all to my friend lists and start milking them for more information pretending to be a good friend of him.

Whats worse is I could make a fake girl-dating-profile and claim to be an exchange student 1 hour bus ride away from his home. With a cute girl picture with some acne, poor self esteem, no friends in that country and a big gaming interest as a result I find it very likely someone could get him to do all sorts of things.

Luckily for him I have better things to spend my time on, and I am not easily offended.
    If he reads this I hope he realizes how lucky he is that I got to him before someone else did. And that his idea of “offfline world has nothing to do with the real world” is completely retarded and stupid. When you harass someone they cry real tears, if you yell at someone in the distance, speak on the phone or chat online its still real communication between two people.

One of the few things in life that actually bothers me is people like him that harass kids, housewifes, girlfriends and people who may be playing a game for their first time. I have not reported his account for abuse yet but I am considering to do so, however Im giving him a chance to change his ways and apologize.

Troll: “You f#%)=/(#¤ c)#%# NOOB!!”
    Anti-troll 5 minutes later: “Hi there David, or shall I say Dave. Hows the acne going? Still single and looking I see… Try some more of that Duac. Dont worry about your self confidence, it gets better as you grow up. Its sunny outside your house today, go out and get some sun on your skin, it could use a tan”
    Troll: “Wtf.?!?!”

No, his name is not Dave or David and nothing in this post can reveal this bullies identity. But dont let this happen to you guys, be nice and dont accumulate enemies :)

• Nice stalking. Seriously, I would never got to get your result in any way. And I don’t even know if what I’ve written means something in English.

• On one side i feel pity for this guy, but on the other side he obviously likes to insult and piss people off. At some point people have to take responsibility for their deeds themselves, i think.

I hope he reads this and stops being so rude.

• The thing is, all this info can be found in minutes. You can alt-tab and find it all out in the same 10 minute game you are insulted.
    Also, he lost control of this information when he posted it online. Most of it he can never remove from the internet.

Im just a gamer, imagine what someone with real computer skills could do?

All the more reason to be nice to people, harassing people is not a good hobby to have:)

• @pycnopodia:

All the more reason to be nice to people, harassing people is not a good hobby to have:)

Moral of the story: don’t be a dick on the Internets as you wouln’t be in real life.

• @Nevetz:

@pycnopodia:

Moral of the story: don’t be a dick on the Internets as you wouln’t be in real life.

Unless you carry a big sword.

• “Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.”

I think very few trolls are worth this level of attention. You are more or less validating him, while simultaneously stooping to a new level of trolldom, in my opinion.

• @Derpasaur:

“Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.”

I think very few trolls are worth this level of attention. You are more or less validating him, while simultaneously stooping to a new level of trolldom, in my opinion.

Im no saint, Ill admit that. But I only troll people who deserve it.

As part of validating him, no, I felt sorry for him and wanted to help. And I also liked the challenge of “hah its impossible to find out who I am”.

There are people who whine, complain, yell and go mad in every single game you play. A game should be for fun, people should be laughing and having a good time, not about harassing eachother and their girlfriends. There are rules to follow and I like when people follow the rules. If you cant follow the rules then people may not want to play with you but instead report your account for violation. Thats only fair.

• @pycnopodia:

This is the true and sad story about what can happen when you are a bully and harass someone ingame.
    Please note that I have not done any harm to this individual and that he has nothing to fear from me, I will not reveal his identity or info anywere. All the info I found is info he himself made public and posted online, none of it was discovered using illegal means.
    This guy should thank me for pointing this out to him before someone with bad intentions did. He does not really deserve this good gesture but I like to be nice.
    Also I instantly felt sorry for him when he harassed me, and that feeling got stronger when I learned who he was. Poor guy, really. I feel a responsibility to at least try to help him.

I know that anyone can just as easily find out who I am so thats why Im being extra nice online, to not give anyone reason to hate me :)

Allright. Some guy was extremely abusive in the game to everyone, searching for someone that took offense and then went down on them like a sledgehammer. He admitted he did it for fun, he liked to piss people off online but said he was a great guy IRL. He said he had a perfect life IRL. But he needed to harass people to make himself feel good and had been doing it for years. For him, the game is just an excuse, his real fun comes out of harassing people and he said he could not do that offline.

He thought no one could find out who he was and that all his info was hidden and secret.

I clicked his steam-usernames, these are visible even if your profile is private.
    He also used his main nickname that he thought was safe and bragged about his Chivalry warrior on this forum. He posted that bragging post in his regular nickname. That linksed his steam-abusive-nickname to his regular nickname.
    I found his fitness-blog where he has posted pictures of his body, his surname, his weight (75kg) and his age (21 years).
    On a spiritualist forum he requested a change in nickname to this regular nickname, revealing his old username.

That old username was permanently banned from a counterstrike server for racism, and that ban-site also lists other usernames he used. Including one he never could imagine anyone to find out. This is the username he used for a date website profile and if I wanted to, I could make a profile there and milk him for all kinds of information.

I found his fitnessblog profile. This abusive online bully was very skinny, 21 years old, 150 pounds. No wonder he said he could not bully people offline.
    I know his first name, found photos of his body and face, as well as the city he lives in.
    His average reaction time (0,223 seconds according to a site where he tested himself), He got 27% of his frags in CounterStrike with the sniper rifle AWP.
    He uses medications he uses to cure his acne problems and posted several photos where he shows his illness and writes a lengthy post about it seeking help to get rid of it. He explains what kind of meds he has used and says he uses a type of tobacco called snus.
    I also found his user on a spiritual/superstition forum and he believes in some really weird stuff. He also thinks he has ASPD, something I bet is a requirement in order to behave the way he does. No regard for other people, unless it has concequences from himself.
    I also know that he is single and “looking for friendship”. And that he made a purchase on ebay in november last year, and what store be bought that item from. And he visited Brazil for three weeks at roughly the same time.
    He has problems with his self confidence and he blames that on his acne that deforms his face, he says, a problem he has had for many years that began shorly after he started using tobacco.

I probably know more about him than many of his online friends do, and if I wanted to I could easily add them all to my friend lists and start milking them for more information pretending to be a good friend of him.

Whats worse is I could make a fake girl-dating-profile and claim to be an exchange student 1 hour bus ride away from his home. With a cute girl picture with some acne, poor self esteem, no friends in that country and a big gaming interest as a result I find it very likely someone could get him to do all sorts of things.

Luckily for him I have better things to spend my time on, and I am not easily offended.
    If he reads this I hope he realizes how lucky he is that I got to him before someone else did. And that his idea of “offfline world has nothing to do with the real world” is completely retarded and stupid. When you harass someone they cry real tears, if you yell at someone in the distance, speak on the phone or chat online its still real communication between two people.

One of the few things in life that actually bothers me is people like him that harass kids, housewifes, girlfriends and people who may be playing a game for their first time. I have not reported his account for abuse yet but I am considering to do so, however Im giving him a chance to change his ways and apologize.

Anti-troll 5 minutes later: “Hi there David, or shall I say Dave. Hows the acne going? Still single and looking I see… Try some more of that Duac. Dont worry about your self confidence, it gets better as you grow up. Its sunny outside your house today, go out and get some sun on your skin, it could use a tan”

No, his name is not Dave or David and nothing in this post can reveal this bullies identity. But dont let this happen to you guys, be nice and dont accumulate enemies :)

Aren’t you a same, sad troll for doing that?
    Why would a sane person do that?

• Impressive work on your part, I must say.

No. Report him. I’ve a plenty of bodily problems and I don’t go around the Internet harrasing people just to reassure myself. I read, I play, I draw. I prefer to be left alone when I want it - like, for example, when I am in a bus full of kids - and I leave others alone, unless they are the ones starting conversation or I have real case I have to adress to them. It seems like some people really need to understand that they can’t simply throw a poop on the Internet only because they think they’re hidden behind a glass shield a few kilometers away.

Aren’t you a same, sad troll for doing that? Why would a sane person do that?

There is a rule - don’t do unto others, unless they do unto you. After that they deserve their own medicine to see how it really tastes. Give back what they gave you. A lot of people change their perspective then.

• @Holy.Death:

Impressive work on your part, I must say.

No. Report him. I’ve a plenty of bodily problems and I don’t go around the Internet harrasing people just to reassure myself. I read, I play, I draw. I prefer to be left alone when I want it - like, for example, when I am in a bus full of kids - and I leave others alone, unless they are the ones starting conversation or I have real case I have to adress to them. It seems like some people really need to understand that they can’t simply throw a poop on the Internet only because they think they’re hidden behind a glass shield a few kilometers away.

@ymgeuqhy:

There is a rule - don’t do unto others, unless they do unto you. After that they deserve their own medicine to see how it really tastes. Give back what they gave you. A lot of people change their perspective then.

I would compare it to playing soccer. Imagine there is one guy on the team that harasses not only the other team but also his own team. Whenever he himself makes a mistake the the other team is obviously cheating or his own team failed to help him. He does not care if the player is a little boy or girl or a grown adult, everyone has to feels his rage.
    Is it wrong to make him shut up or remove him from the field so that everyone on the field thank you for it?
    If you say yes, then you are wrong:)

And I agree with your last part. Some years ago a family member asked me nicely to use my home cinema. My only rule was that I should not have to clean up afterwards. I find it like a mess, and I took all of the mess into that persons room. I swept up the popcorn from the floor and sofa, and dumped it in my family members room.
    I did not need to become angry or irritated, Iin fact I had fun making a mess. And the lesson was learned, next time I did not even need to say that I wanted the cinema clean and tidy after use.
    Another person in my shoes might become angry and yell “why did you not do as I said!” but I think there are more efficient ways to get the message across without getting angry and making people afraid of you over everything small thing in the world.

Telling people something is not always the best way to make them understand. :)

• Its not really necessary to um online stalk someone in order to handle a troll.

If someone is spouting racism and constantly being an extreme dick I will turn the tables on them in chat.

People act this way because in their real life they are very sad, angry, frustrated and dying for attention, even negative attention gives them something to hang onto to take away their thoughts of how much their life sucks.

They are rarely actually racist, they just spout stuff for the shock factor though nowadays it really doesn’t shock anyone.

I recall someone whose name was GOD-HATES-FAGS and he was spouting anti-gay stuff so I reminded him of all the preachers who did the exact same thing in order to hide the fact that they were a closet gay and had their male lovers. He left.

• All I got from this is, both you and the troll needs to get a life :|

Perhaps I do as well having read that whole thing…

PS: Was his name ivo? :D

• @Blackjack:

All I got from this is, both you and the troll needs to get a life :|

Perhaps I do as well having read that whole thing…

PS: Was his name ivo? :D

Life is overrated ;)

I also found his computer specs btw,
    core2duo e7400
    gtx 550ti
    4 gigs of ddr2 ram

I think no one will hire this guy so he cant work or afford a new computer. Poor guy…

Yes he does complain about slow performance… So much for having a perfect life.

• Is it wrong to make him shut up or remove him from the field so that everyone on the field thank you for it? If you say yes, then you are wrong:)

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough - my answer is “no”. I approve your approach. I even think you’re too forgiving to the likes of his.

Telling people something is not always the best way to make them understand

Indeed. I find your way to deal with problems a fitting one. Ironical. Almost poetic. You’re a man after my own heart.

• @pycnopodia:

This is the true and sad story about what can happen when you are a bully and harass someone ingame.

Haha, get a life, thanks for that funny/pathetic post. So you stalk this guy and that makes it better, you better? Get a life yourself bud. Boo hoo he said some dumb things on the server. Boo hoo I spent my time reading chat than playing the game. Ever play Counter-Strike? FC? HL2? FFS. The only n00b in this thread is you to go to the lengths you did I can only see you need a life and not take things so seriously. I throw out lines from movies and books and half the people on the server think I’m just swearing and being rude. People need to read some books, watch movies and educate themselves before making total idiots of themselves in threads like this. :|

• Why does this thread exist?

• @Slight:

Why does this thread exist?

Why do you exist? Disappear already. Nothing but negativity comes from your posts, as you’re quick to point out of others.

Hypocrite much? Lmao

• @Holy.Death:

Impressive work on your part, I must say.

@26ok6klc:

I agree heh. Hopefully that shut him up a bit and made him think about his life.

Unfortunately most bullies are like this, have underlying issues that make them feel weak, so they try and portray the opposite to others. As sad as someone suffering is, if they start trying to cause that on others, they lose all sympathy from me. No need to be a dick completely for the sake of it to genuinely make someone feel horrible, who’s done absolutely nothing wrong.

Thanks for not posting his actual info here though OP. :)

• He doesn’t have to be a dick. He holds all the cards.