Guy somehow intentionally crashing the server.

• So twice today I’ve met a fellow named WubWubGuy28x(Steam profile name: dickfondler). The same story happened both times: The server attempts to votekick Wub for various reasons(first time purposeful tk spree, second time for hacking). While the votekick is ongoing, Wub says that if they kick him, he will crash the server. Votekick begins to push towards yes, and he does so - crashes the server. Everyone begins running in place as the server goes down. It happened once on Official TO Server #07 [32p], and once on Moot Rimney’s Post Election Headquarters(ffa).

Screenshots:
    http://i.imgur.com/BdT268M.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xp2hWOY.jpg
    Note in the second screenshot the -12 countdown on votekick and the knight running into wall - server was lagged out.

Anyone know how he’s doing this/how we can stop him/what can be done to get rid of him? Maybe TBS could check the server logs for Official TO Server #07 [32p], if there is such a thing as logs.

His Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dickfondler

Edit: After checking his past aliases, I found that his name was previously ‘That dude’ - a blatant hacker I met yesterday who was parrying while simultaneously attacking. And I’m not talking feint to parry - I mean he’s mid-swing, I launch an attack, and it gets magically parried while his swing continues on.

• He crashed 2 more servers after that, he also got recorded by one of your clan members.

More proof.

[attachment=0:3gx8oko4]server crash.jpg[/attachment:3gx8oko4]

• I can confirm this, got it recorded.

bkEb_2GE1XQ

• Easiest way is if there is something that can be exploited using the game itself, but also unlikely, second option is he simply dos or ddos your server and I am afraid that you can never really stop if he knows what he is doing.

Of course you are renting the server you may wanna contact your service provider or ISP and let them perhaps deal with it, legally even, but again, if he knows what he is doing good luck.

• That is not easy to deal with… I am sure I could figure out how to crash a server and there is not much that can be done unless

a) code is put in to block source IP addresses and that only works if he is using a static IP.
    b) they tighten up the server side code to not crash when junk data is sent to it.

• several games have hacks free easily downloadable that let them clear game rooms or kick individual players at the click of a button but I don’t think thats the case here, warcraft 3 had such a hack for years, I look up game hacks for games I like to know what to fraps for. this game doesn’t seem to have anything for free and the list of paid for features I have googled didn’t include this, likely some private hack or ddos

• I can attest to this happening as well.
    Two individuals, WubWub28x and a guy by the name of “ass”
    They both threw fits in chat, got players angry enough to votekick them for one reason or another, then threatened to down the server. At which point, the server went down. I don’t believe in repeated coincidences.

• Played with him. I recognized the name from this thread, so I kept an eye on him. It’s obvious he has actual game modifying tools - for example, it looks like he can press a button and everyone around him dies. I noticed I hit him and then I magidied, and thought “hm. Maybe an animless attack, that glitch happens.” And then I watched it happen to someone else. And then I saw three people around him just drop dead instantaneously with him getting all the kills up top.

Called him out on it, he gave some bullshit, whined about how the game is terrible and blah blah, then votekick was called and I said “he’s gonna crash the server - watch” and it crashed. Did not look like a DDOS, just instantaneous stop. DDoS’s usually build up (albeit in the span of seconds) from lag to megalag to crash.

So, I’m pretty sure he just has a program that lets him do all kinds of bullshit.

• @DSMatticus:

Played with him. I recognized the name from this thread, so I kept an eye on him. It’s obvious he has actual game modifying tools - for example, it looks like he can press a button and everyone around him dies. I noticed I hit him and then I magidied, and thought “hm. Maybe an animless attack, that glitch happens.” And then I watched it happen to someone else. And then I saw three people around him just drop dead instantaneously with him getting all the kills up top.

Yeah, that happened to me, too. Where it was like he forced people around him to suicide. Didn’t show any kill feed, though. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to record that.

• @SOC:

@DSMatticus:

Played with him. I recognized the name from this thread, so I kept an eye on him. It’s obvious he has actual game modifying tools - for example, it looks like he can press a button and everyone around him dies. I noticed I hit him and then I magidied, and thought “hm. Maybe an animless attack, that glitch happens.” And then I watched it happen to someone else. And then I saw three people around him just drop dead instantaneously with him getting all the kills up top.

Yeah, that happened to me, too. Where it was like he forced people around him to suicide. Didn’t show any kill feed, though. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to record that.

Come to think of it, I did see him do that. He was playing as MAA and someone ran up to him, hit him once and did the body explosion from hitting f10. That’s what I thought it was, just someone who hit f10.

• @TobiwanK3nobi:

(Steam profile name: dickfondler)

Classic internet.

• I saw this fellow on a duel server on the map in the castle room with the table in the middle and the open windows. After the matches were over i spectated him in another duel he was using the Malric model and he jumped out of the window and lived, then the other duelist died apparently to his mace while standing looking out over the window wondering what had happened.

it was pretty darn strange