Release mod tools allready!

• Fucking hell! I love this game to death! logged 130hours on it so far, rank 31, game is entertaining, but needs more maps, getting real tired of the small selection of OT maps :/

• viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10318

What’s to come:

Now that CU1 has been released, our main focus will be on… and you will all be excited to hear this….drumroll MOD TOOLS! Keep in mind, there is no ETA on when these will be released, but just know that it’s the next big thing that will be happening! So let those creative juices flow and get ready to start on some exciting new maps and mods for Chivalry!

• @Hitom:

Fucking hell! I love this game to death! logged 130hours on it so far, rank 31, game is entertaining, but needs more maps, getting real tired of the small selection of OT maps :/

Keep in mind that once the mod tools are out, someone will have to make the maps. That will take time too. It ain’t easy to make a quality TO map.

• Speaking of custom maps, is there a possiblity for community made maps which are high quality being added and made into official maps?

• @DokB:

Speaking of custom maps, is there a possiblity for community made maps which are high quality being added and made into official maps?

What do you mean by made into official maps?

• He means endorsed by the devs, so it becomes added to the next game update so you no longer have to manually download it.

• @Martin:

He means endorsed by the devs, so it becomes added to the next game update so you no longer have to manually download it.

Oh. Well… Steam Workshop would take care of the download problem.

• @Martin:

He means endorsed by the devs, so it becomes added to the next game update so you no longer have to manually download it.

More importantly if the map is really good have it added into the official server TO rotation.

• @ReMixx:

@Hitom:

Fucking hell! I love this game to death! logged 130hours on it so far, rank 31, game is entertaining, but needs more maps, getting real tired of the small selection of OT maps :/

Keep in mind that once the mod tools are out, someone will have to make the maps. That will take time too. It ain’t easy to make a quality TO map.

Yeah, ofcourse, but you gotta keep in mind that there freaks out there who will map 26/7 because, well, they are freaks xD you guys have lives and shit.

• @Hitom:

Yeah, ofcourse, but you gotta keep in mind that there freaks out there who will map 26/7 because, well, they are freaks xD you guys have lives and shit.

I have to assume the really hard part is the artwork - unless you just reuse what already exists. To make an original setting though - that would be pretty impressive.

• Alright, poof mod tools for you!

If only it were that easy, right? Learn some patience.

• tron barrn pls

can’t wait to make custom stuff :)

• @OmmNomNom:

tron barrn pls

If you have any text in your mods, please get a copy editor to check it before releasing. :jsmirk:

• @ReMixx:

@OmmNomNom:

tron barrn pls

If you have any text in your mods, please get a copy editor to check it before releasing. :jsmirk:

Burnnnn <.<

• @ReMixx:

@Martin:

Oh. Well… Steam Workshop would take care of the download problem.

Not really… it’s a friggin nightmare for RO2, which is also a UE3 game. You subscribe to the map or mods but they don’t actually start downloading until you run the game and then once you have the game running on the splash screen, the game lags up for a few seconds as it starts the download… and unless the devs add something to the start screen to show if anything is actually downloading, you have no idea what’s going on.

The moment you go off the splash screen, anything that was downloaded is cancelled… so you end up having to just leave it on the splash screen and walk away for a couple of hours if you have multiple maps subscribed to.

And if someone adds even the smallest thing to their map, you have to redownload the entire thing again.

I just got fed up with the whole process that I removed all the custom maps I was or had downloaded for RO2. At first the devs added a plain text notification in the top right of the screen saying “Downloading MapName” but it didn’t say anything else but that and you had no idea how far along the download was. I think they added the % complete a while back but I haven’t bothered with custom maps since… it’s still slow as hell and it’s annoying.

I also uninstalled RO2, but that’s a different story.

The Workshop is fine for small things like models, weapons, etc… and for maps that are actually “finished” but subscribing to a map in progress that is updated constantly is annoying as a boogie in a beer bottle.

• Would slightly changing map details and doing regular updates to them in C:MW be anything like RO2?

As in, even for the tiniest of the changes, you would need to recook the map and upload/download the entire map again?

That made me want to gouge my eyes out (amongst other things that went wrong with that game).

• @DokB:

Would slightly changing map details and doing regular updates to them in C:MW be anything like RO2?

As in, even for the tiniest of the changes, you would need to recook the map and upload/download the entire map again?

That made me want to gouge my eyes out (amongst other things that went wrong with that game).

Agreed…. and my guess would be it would be much the same as it’s more of an Unreal Engine / UDK-SDK process than anything else.

Unless TBS coded up their game a lot differently (better) than TWI did…… which wouldn’t be hard to do. There could be a few processes that work differently, so again, I’m not sure.

I’m just an artsy fartsy animator / graphic designer… not a Coder. 8-)