Did they update the combo system or something?

• Because it is absolutely ridiculous now.

I’ve been away for a couple of days and have not been playing since last Thursday. Today I logged onto a server filled with left mouse spamming people.

I tested it myself and usually I would have to time the weapon straight after a swing in order to pull out a combo attack. All I had to do today was tap left mouse 3-4 consecutively and it whacked out a 2-3 hit combo.

It’s like, the whole point of the Chilvary was the timing, parrying, feinting etc. But now, all people have to do is spam that left mouse or scroll your wheel up and down to pull out non stop combos. Where the hell is the skill in that? If I wanted to play a button mashing game, I buy a Xbox/PS3 to button mash…

I just feel sad because It was only last Sunday since I’ve purchased this game and they have already F’d it up…

• The left click spam doesn’t take skill, you’re 100% right about that. These were probably either new players or people who don’t care to get better. In defense of this terrible playstyle, it is your job as their opponent to counter this by using your skills with timing, parry/block, and ducking (lol) to best them. I believe the damage for the 2nd and 3rd hits with left click got a small nerf (like 5 points of damage each, right?), so they are less effective since the patch.

Free for all is probably the worst game mode for spamming and if it bothers you a lot, I would suggest not playing this game type. If you want some good practice feeling out your opponents’ range on their weapons, try playing footwork instead of parries to feel out the ranges and step in after a whiff and own them :D Hope this helps!

• doesn’t matter, it shouldn’t be difficult to do an attack anyway that’s just bad design.

• The fault lies with you and only you.

If you have skills yourself just anticipate the combo and interrupt it either with a parry or an attack of your own. If it’s a duel situation just wait for them to run out of stamina and their combo stops by itself and they’ll be easy to finish off if you pressure them.

You’re probably talking about vanguards. Put a small obstacle between you and the spammer and kill them with thrown javelins semi-close. A body shot plus stab kills them and a headshot kills them straight up. You can pick up your missed javelins if they land on a soft surface.

• You should duel me with those tactics. See how far they get you.

• The reason it seems like “LMB spammers” are so much more troublesome for less experienced players is because hit detection is very off since this patch. It’s considerably harder to parry consistently than it used to be, mostly because it feels random now.

Pre-patch we experienced players would just say “learn to parry” but now we can’t really say that any more since it’s busted. You won’t be able to beat them through parries any more, but with proper footwork, which well, requires a lot of experience.

• I don’t find hit detection to be very off since the last patch. I agree that something felt different just after the patch, but after a couple of hours it went back to the organic feel.

But frankly, its no shame to die to new players that apply unsophisticated combat. Their panic mode when in pressed situations is not crazy footwork, ducking and blocking: it’s LMB. They sometimes act contrary to my predictions.

• Since last patch early into it I’ve often had trouble with lmb spammers. I just can’t help but laugh that I can have epic intense duels to not able to handle that maa that runs in on me and spams away.

Don’t get me wrong, they are still manageable with me but 2x harder pre content patch.

• @Killorder:

Since last patch early into it I’ve often had trouble with lmb spammers. I just can’t help but laugh that I can have epic intense duels to not able to handle that maa that runs in on me and spams away.

Don’t get me wrong, they are still manageable with me but 2x harder pre content patch.

I can’t tell any difference except that flinching was fixed so now if you are attacked with a LMB spammer with a fast weapon you HAVE to parry. But I use a anti-feinter shield nowadays so can’t really tell if there is any difference with parrying. As far as the shield goes every time they get past it I can tell it was my fault - usually not turning enough into the attack of a face hugger.

• @ChuckingIt:

You should duel me with those tactics. See how far they get you.

I’d duel you if the hitboxes were fixed.
    Getting stabbed when the sword is half a meter to left of you from you is a tad bs.
    I tend to LM spam on MaA to get in that sneaky back slash. then go straight to OH and poking, throws everyone of. Hohehe.

• When I duel an LMB spammer I F10, they get no fun out of the fight and they usually leave.

• @Elysium:

Because it is absolutely ridiculous now.

I’ve been away for a couple of days and have not been playing since last Thursday. Today I logged onto a server filled with left mouse spamming people.

I tested it myself and usually I would have to time the weapon straight after a swing in order to pull out a combo attack. All I had to do today was tap left mouse 3-4 consecutively and it whacked out a 2-3 hit combo.

It’s like, the whole point of the Chilvary was the timing, parrying, feinting etc. But now, all people have to do is spam that left mouse or scroll your wheel up and down to pull out non stop combos. Where the hell is the skill in that? If I wanted to play a button mashing game, I buy a Xbox/PS3 to button mash…

I just feel sad because It was only last Sunday since I’ve purchased this game and they have already F’d it up…

You make it sound like the system prior to the update required precise timing. The combo system was never like that, it functions on a queue system… Pressing attack at the end of your swing is actually the worst way to get a combo off, you should be pressing as windup ends pretty much, if you’re sure you want a combo anyway.

Where you got the idea that timing was necessary is beyond me, but nothing was changed in the base game mechanics vis-a-vis comboing.

• LMB spam was always in the game.

• @Matti:

LMB spam was always in the game.

Way to miss the point by miles. \post patch, it’s more rewarding and easier to get kills via lmb spam facehug thank to odd weapon traces and finicky hitboxes when you can parry halberd offscreen and need to to drag absurd angles to parry falchion.

• @Reaping:

@Matti:

LMB spam was always in the game.

Way to miss the point by miles. \post patch, it’s more rewarding and easier to get kills via lmb spam facehug thank to odd weapon traces and finicky hitboxes when you can parry halberd offscreen and need to to drag absurd angles to parry falchion.

Considering that’s not what the OP said even in the slightest, I think you’re missing the point and projecting a little there.