Directx 11

• When is it going to be implemented? I have a Nvidia GTX 660 TI and it can handle more effects.

• Oh snap, you have 660Ti? I have only 8600GT and playing with all details tunned down at 20 fps. Please give me half of your card, please…

On a more serious note. Dx 9, 10 or 11… does that matter soo much to you? Care about few more waves of water, and puffy clouds…? Well yeah, tesselation and multithread rendering is great (on paper) but it often is the main cause for slowing down for many machines, especially when games also support directx 9 mode for XP compatibility.

You can play soo many dx11 FPS games BF2 and 3, FarCry 3, Crysis 2, COD: BO2, AvP…

• I have a GTX 660 TI Twin Frozr III (Over Clocked) and quite honestly, I don’t see much of a difference between DX9, 10 or 11 in any game.

Maybe it’s just me.

• Directx 11 support also makes the game run smoother for those cards that support the instructions.

• @kdaber:

When is it going to be implemented? I have a Nvidia GTX 660 TI and it can handle more effects.

660 doesn’t have much power for ragdoll time max setting.
    it is still weak.
    and, you will have lag on several maps like arena or frigid.
    buy 690 then talk like that.

• This game isn’t even well optimized and you want direct X 11 support?

• @kdaber:

Directx 11 support also makes the game run smoother for those cards that support the instructions.

Obviously cards that don’t support the Dx11 instructions would struggle with them. But I troll.

What Dx11 features do you want?

• The engine natively supports DX11 but last I heard, the objective icons wouldn’t work, but they did in DX9. You can just enable DX11 in the configs if you can find it, but be prepared for some of the UI not functioning fully. Everything else should be fine.

• @Martin:

The engine natively supports DX11 but last I heard, the objective icons wouldn’t work, but they did in DX9. You can just enable DX11 in the configs if you can find it, but be prepared for some of the UI not functioning fully. Everything else should be fine.

Oh?? Interesting. If anyone tries this, please report back your results :)

• @ReMixx:

@Martin:

The engine natively supports DX11 but last I heard, the objective icons wouldn’t work, but they did in DX9. You can just enable DX11 in the configs if you can find it, but be prepared for some of the UI not functioning fully. Everything else should be fine.

Oh?? Interesting. If anyone tries this, please report back your results :)

Which config would that be? I’d love to see what DX11 does, though I’ve had bad experiences with tesselation before =p

• Developer

DX11 works, no UI issues. However, some (i.e. some AMD) drivers seem to have issues with it. The only visual improvement you’re going to get out of it right now is that you gain the ability to enable MSAA in the ini files; we’re not using tessellation on any of our materials (tried briefly before releasing CU1, but hit performance issues), or any other UE3 DX11 features.

Add -DX11 to the “launch options” in Steam (right click, Properties, Set Launch Options)

• Thanks Crusty. I’ll see what the extra MSAA does for me quality- and performance-wise. I don’t know what you mean by “hit performance issues” though, like the game itself just ran really poorly regardless of setup or that it wouldn’t run decently on most machines?

Because, I mean, obviously advanced graphics options are resource hogs, but having the options there is always nice.

• Just tried DX11 as the launch option.

Huge FPS drop, down to 40 for me on DarkForest, (usually 90), and I’m on a Hex-core I7 and GTX 590 3GB, with 16GB ram heh.

Also significantly longer to alt + tab back to desktop, does it instantly without that on.

• I have a Geforce gtx 670 and i don’t really notice a difference between Directx 9,10 or 11…

• @BobT36:

Just tried DX11 as the launch option.

Huge FPS drop, down to 40 for me on DarkForest, (usually 90), and I’m on a Hex-core I7 and GTX 590 3GB, with 16GB ram heh.

Also significantly longer to alt + tab back to desktop, does it instantly without that on.

My results with Ivy Bridge i7 3770k, GTX 680, 8GB 2400MHz RAM and OCZ RevoDrive 3 SSD on Battlegrounds:

My other two monitors go dark as I boot up Chivalry.

Get into game, run down out of spawn and past wall. Windows 7 64 Bit minimizes the game to ask me if I want to change my color scheme to default to improve performance, which I reject, get back into game and see FPS steadily drop until the game is frozen and Not Responding in Task Manager.

/end Results

So, yeah, took the -DX11 command off Launch Options right quick =p

• @Daiyuki:

@BobT36:

Just tried DX11 as the launch option.

Windows 7 64 Bit minimizes the game to ask me if I want to change my color scheme to default to improve performance

haha god that makes me RAGE like hell. Usually only does it with ports like Assassain’s Creed 1 and so on though. It’s like FUCK YOU WINDOWS I HAVE A BEAST PC DON’T EVEN TRY…

And nice one! I have the I7 3960x, OC’d to 4ghz.

How big’s your SSD?

Amusing how it seemed to run worse on our beast machines heh. But yeah I removed it too as it did run a lot worse, wierd tbh since other DX11 games are fine. So yeah I wouldn’t expect any DX11 features in Chiv anytime soon. Be nice in the future though if possible and can get it running good.

• @BobT36:

How big’s your SSD?

Let’s not go comparing virtual penis sizes now…