Can server admins make their own servers official?

• Like proper official so it can be monitored by the game mods. So the report system can work on more and more servers. An official server is safer and it means hackers and trolls can play on less and less servers.

Or even just an incentive to give admin rights to all the chivalry moderators. So then it can be patrolled and the server can be safer from hackers meaning more people will play on it. That could be a good option.

• Lol no.

They’re working on getting a global ban list enacted though that you’ll be able to integrate onto your server to keep those out who they’ve banned.

• The global bans are almost ready to go. I’d expect an announcement sooner rather than later.

• @JHoersten2:

Lol no.

They’re working on getting a global ban list enacted though that you’ll be able to integrate onto your server to keep those out who they’ve banned.

HiveGaming.net will support this list and so will all of our servers.

• Well that’s a step in the right direction.

You will need a place for people to challenge bans though. People do get wrongfully banned.

• @lemonater47:

Well that’s a step in the right direction.

You will need a place for people to challenge bans though. People do get wrongfully banned.

Yeah, to get banned you should require hard evidence from about 4 people, youtube vids good explanations etc etc.

I cannot count how many times I have hit through a shield and got called a “HAXZOR EMRADER!”

• Developer

Currently the only available ban list is managed by us, and users are only added after one of our mods witnesses them cheating. It’s still “experimental”, but it works and can be toggled on in PCServer-UDKEngine.ini

• @CrustaceanSoup:

Currently the only available ban list is managed by us, and users are only added after one of our mods witnesses them cheating. It’s still “experimental”, but it works and can be toggled on in PCServer-UDKEngine.ini

I tried to enable it, and my UDKLogging.exe got spammed with unable to connect to your server.

• @JHoersten2:

@CrustaceanSoup:

I tried to enable it, and my UDKLogging.exe got spammed with unable to connect to your server.

Just now? It was enabled like a day ago.

• @ReMixx:

Just now? It was enabled like a day ago.

Nope, hadn’t heard word of it being fixed. Will give it a go next time I start it up.

• Developer

Maybe there was an issue with the server at the time. It’s definitely successfully getting/responding to requests right now.