Knight new abilities

• It’s probably a bad idea, but here it is:
    Code of Chivalry: being dishonorable to attack from the back, or turn the back according to the codes of chivalry, the knight attacks 25% weaker while attacking from behind, and receives 25% more damage while being attacked from the back.
    Titan: Knights recover from staggers 75% faster, and daggers cannot flinch the knight

• What would be the point of any of these additions?

The code of chivalry sounds like a very… poorly conceived idea. No offense.

• Not a fair system and it would be a pointless addition to the game.

• So you’re suggesting something along the lines of perks? :S
    That only detracts from the realism in this game further!!

PS: Doesn’t 25% - 25% = 0%? So, what would be the point of that whole increased damage/decreased armour thing?

• @MoshiMarlo:

So you’re suggesting something along the lines of perks? :S

Except that the classes already have perks. They’re even named.

Archer - Rogue
    MaA - Elusive
    Vanguard - Charge
    Knight - Tank

While I don’t particularly like the OP’s specific idea, I think it’d be interesting if each class could switch between different perks on the loadout screen. Like maybe an MAA would take “Lightfooted” instead of Elusive and he’ll sacrifice the Dodge for even more movement speed or something like that.

This would essentially sort of divide each of the classes into a subclass depending on the perk and further add variety to the available playstyles. Regardless, the Archer definitely needs a new perk other than Rogue.

• I told you guys this was a bad idea. What I actually want you to do is to suggest other abilities, I just gave a bad example.

• NO! One of the main reasons I chose Chivalry over WotR was the less RNG involved.

• @Hitom:

NO! One of the main reasons I chose Chivalry over WotR was the less RNG involved.

Flat 25% boost/debuff =/= RNG

Doesn’t really make it any better of an idea though. Though it would be nice to see some additional perks to each class the player could choose from and sort of allow him to switch up his general fighting style rather than just “You’re a knight, go sponge up damage with your shield.”

• Sub classes of classes with undeterminable innate abilities would be a bad direction or the game to go.

• @DemonicChocobo:

@MoshiMarlo:

While I don’t particularly like the OP’s specific idea, I think it’d be interesting if each class could switch between different perks on the loadout screen. Like maybe an MAA would take “Lightfooted” instead of Elusive and he’ll sacrifice the Dodge for even more movement speed or something like that.
    than Rogue.

I’m just saying, we don’t need another Call of Duty clone, medieval or otherwise.

• @MoshiMarlo:

@DemonicChocobo:

@MoshiMarlo:

than Rogue.

I’m just saying, we don’t need another Call of Duty clone, medieval or otherwise.

Because Call of Duty invented perks and anything that has perks is a Call of Duty clone?

(That’s actually a half-sincere question as I’ve never played CoD.)

• @MoshiMarlo:

@DemonicChocobo:

@MoshiMarlo:

than Rogue.

I really wish people could focus on trying to make points without having to use the “Call Of Duty” crutch to try to scare the opposition into submission. It’s frustrating because it offers no explanation as to WHY such a thing would be bad (Call Of Duty, for example, runs it’s multiplayer on servers. Should we abolish servers because it’s “like Call Of Duty?”)

It’s also grating to see COD get credit for pretty much every video game idea in the world. I know he said “perks” but the idea of selecting some basic modifiers to your character before a battle has been a concept used by games long before Call Of Duty was a hit or even a thing.

• I always interpreted the weapons as the subclasses.

If you want a support VG you take a spear, if you want to be a more offensive stand-alone VG you take a billhook or a sword.
    This is the same with MaA, the knife has a more specific niche and is the ‘Rogue’ version of the MaA class (don’t focus on the names I give them) while a shield and Falchion is a more direct offensive class.
    The same can be applied to archers (javelin/bow/crossbow) and the knight (defensive tower shield / Offensive maul).

I like that the classes can be subdivided into classes without specific perks to allow this. Feels way more natural/intuitive to me to let the actual loadout make the class, instead of arbitrary buffs.
    I would rather have a few armour options to generate a broader selection than these arbitrary perks (although I would rather not have any other types of buffs to preserve the meaning of classes).

• @MoshiMarlo:

I’m getting tired of you people talking about realism. The game is very obviously not realistic, nor was it ever at any point meant to be.

Anyways, the devs would have to finish fixing and balancing out the vanguard’s and MAA’s abilities before they could even think about getting onto any other possible additions.

• I don’t think the game needs anything like perks.

After all, people will just get annoyed with people using certain perks: “omg last stand”, etc.

Also I don’t like the idea of people having random abilities or buffs that I don’t know about until they’ve killed me.

• Seems like it would just lead to balance issues. The game is of personal skill not buffs.