Overpower Mechanic

• So this is a minigame i thought up whenever to combatants with low health hit each other at the same time. Instead of one player’s attack hitting and the other’s attack just evaporating in thin air, the two opponents would lock blades and try to overpower each other.

The way the minigame would work:
    Both players would clash weapons, putting their last ounces of strength into their respective attacks.
    a symbol would appear on both players’ screens (perhaps representing which team they’re on)
    The point of the game is to keep your mouse centered in the symbol longer than your opponent.
    But the symbol is shrinking and you mouse is shaking under the pressure.
    And the more you keep your mouse in the symbol, the faster your opponent’s symbol shrinks.
    Whoever’s symbol shrinks first gets overpowered and killed all gory-like.
    What do you think?

• That would be interrupted so often. Like fist fights.

And when two people hit each other at that same time that exactly what happens. If he weapon is flying then it can’t be stopped. Unless they die. But that realism.

• In GoW, we call that a “chainsaw duel”
    and ends in someones buddy getting a free kill

Nice idea in theory, but unfortunately “Chivalry” stays in the title, not the warzone

• Personally I would stand and watch. But the majority of the community are dicks.

• @lemonater47:

Unless they die. But that realism.

Lol, realism? Hope you are joking.

• Cool idea, however in practice it would not work i guess.

• @CommanderLuna:

In GoW, we call that a “chainsaw duel”
    and ends in someones buddy getting a free kill

Nice idea in theory, but unfortunately “Chivalry” stays in the title, not the warzone

This, basicly, said everything there needs to be said.

Good idea, but has no proper room in Chivalry sadly.

• @Draoncoffee:

So this is a minigame i thought up whenever to combatants with low health hit each other at the same time. Instead of one player’s attack hitting and the other’s attack just evaporating in thin air, the two opponents would lock blades and try to overpower each other.

The way the minigame would work:
    Both players would clash weapons, putting their last ounces of strength into their respective attacks.
    a symbol would appear on both players’ screens (perhaps representing which team they’re on)
    The point of the game is to keep your mouse centered in the symbol longer than your opponent.
    But the symbol is shrinking and you mouse is shaking under the pressure.
    And the more you keep your mouse in the symbol, the faster your opponent’s symbol shrinks.
    Whoever’s symbol shrinks first gets overpowered and killed all gory-like.
    What do you think?

This would be so cool…

• That’s very interesting idea and I like it, but in fact I don’t think that’d work in this form.

How I see it: the clinch lasts only 1 or 2 seconds and ends with a draw as default (both players are pushed back) unless one player pushes the opponent with F key. That would be quick enough not to get interupted by others constantly and still managed to be cool :)

There’s one problem - how do you see spear vs spear stab clinch? 8-)

• I do agree that the two players locked in the “overpower” mechanic would probably last too long and leave them open to attacks from other players.
    @Sir:

That’s very interesting idea and I like it, but in fact I don’t think that’d work in this form.

How I see it: the clinch lasts only 1 or 2 seconds and ends with a draw as default (both players are pushed back) unless one player pushes the opponent with F key. That would be quick enough not to get interupted by others constantly and still managed to be cool :)

There’s one problem - how do you see spear vs spear stab clinch? 8-)

I was hoping for a comment like that :) Your idea does sound more feasible.
    As for the two spears, I was thinking that once the the clash was started, it would revert to a default overpower animation sequence. So no matter which type of attacks were clashed, you’d get the same struggle animation based on the classes of weapons used. if that makes any sense.

• @havz0r:

@lemonater47:

Unless they die. But that realism.

Lol, realism? Hope you are joking.

I’m not joking, its physics.

• anyone remember thief? the first and second?

well you could parry attacks there by attacking your opponent at the right time. (that shit is old and it has better weapon tracking than most games of today. besides chivalry of course!)
    i think that this is not possible to add in a game. erryone would just attackspam the shit out of erryone and parry became useless.

what im trying to say is, that there is this “non-clashing-attacks-mechanic” for a reason.