Armor been counted towards the amount of damage

• I played war of roses and i notice this in the game and i figured i shoot this out on the forum… people may like it people may not but i still want to put this out here to see if people like the idea…
    Okay the idea is count the armor for example a knight thickest armor well be his upper body with the chain mail and the flat plate over top of it if a hit is done there reduce the damage according to where the hit was same will go for each other class and will vary from weapon to weapon.

• for more detailed lets use the next big class the VG who wears a full metal helm and complete chain mail with a cloak over top the head since its fully covered will still receive high damage but his will not always be one shot or chopped off since the helm is a full helm same goes for the other parts where ever the armor is the thickest on the body the armor will take the some or little damage but over time the armor becomes none reliable and useless , for maa and archers the thickes part will be the upper body so on and so on.

• My friend owns a helmet that is just like the one the Vanguard wears.

Trust me, if someone was to swing a warhammer into that, you’d easily split a hole in that thing. You could easily carve a sword through it as well. Usually, they’re little more than reinforced sheet metal.

• What would happen with this system is everyone would just use the big twohanded armor piercing swords and axes and slashspam everyone to death, as they do in War of the Roses. ;)

• its still just a idea that i put out there but still the helmet your buddy may have may not be as heavy as the helm the VG wears we dont know how much metal is put into that helm i know the helms on war of roses have a option to close and raise the visor of the helm and you get more protection from a full helm then you do with out one

• @SlyGoat:

What would happen with this system is everyone would just use the big twohanded armor piercing swords and axes and slashspam everyone to death, as they do in War of the Roses. ;)

see there is no armor piercing swords really if you went head on with a knight with a two handed sword and swong at him at the waist with it you will hit flat plat metal and chain mail the sword will have to go threw both pieces of armor to actually do damage if you swung with a hammer the most you would do is break his ribs probably but its still a idea to look into if the producers want to.

• The VGs helmet is flat. An arrow would go through it more easily than a knight helmet. There was a medieval display in the museum where I live. There was a helmet that looked exactly like the veteran agathian vanguard helmet gold rims and all. It was a real helmet not a replica and it was 1cm thick on the sides and an inch at the top. It was a horseman’s helmet.

Bodkin arrows fired out of a longbow could pierce through 1 inche of steel plate at 30 yards. Chain mail is better against arrows than solid steel. Because the arrow doesn’t hit a solid surface and slips or hits a gap. The sharpest but is the point. So if it slips or goes into a small gap most the force changes from pushing through the metal and just pushes the wearer. At that speed it could break bones and there’s still a good chance of it getting through. It just means it doesn’t go as deep. Chain mail on its own isn’t that good against melee weapons.

• @lemonater47:

The VGs helmet is flat. An arrow would go through it more easily than a knight helmet. There was a medieval display in the museum where I live. There was a helmet that looked exactly like the veteran agathian vanguard helmet gold rims and all. It was a real helmet not a replica and it was 1cm thick on the sides and an inch at the top. It was a horseman’s helmet.

Bodkin arrows fired out of a longbow could pierce through 1 inche of steel plate at 30 yards. Chain mail is better against arrows than solid steel. Because the arrow doesn’t hit a solid surface and slips or hits a gap. The sharpest but is the point. So if it slips or goes into a small gap most the force changes from pushing through the metal and just pushes the wearer. At that speed it could break bones and there’s still a good chance of it getting through. It just means it doesn’t go as deep. Chain mail on its own isn’t that good against melee weapons.

I’ve read accounts where it was actually worse to wear chainmail when being hit by a weapon. There was a doctor who logged the wounds of the patients who came in and he always was dismayed by the amount of damage chainmail could cause if things went horribly wrong. One account was where someone had suffered quite a substantial hit to the side just beneath the arm and it had split the chainmail and split the skin beneath, leaving the patient with an open wound with close to a hundred split chainmail circlet rings in his wound that had to be pulled out one by one.

Pretty gruesome, but interesting stuff.

• as is still a idea to put out there for the game either way its a reasonable idea and broken bones can be put into the game as well so swings do less damage or the player cant do certain swings to do that broken bone

• @DokB:

@lemonater47:

The VGs helmet is flat. An arrow would go through it more easily than a knight helmet. There was a medieval display in the museum where I live. There was a helmet that looked exactly like the veteran agathian vanguard helmet gold rims and all. It was a real helmet not a replica and it was 1cm thick on the sides and an inch at the top. It was a horseman’s helmet.

I’ve read accounts where it was actually worse to wear chainmail when being hit by a weapon. There was a doctor who logged the wounds of the patients who came in and he always was dismayed by the amount of damage chainmail could cause if things went horribly wrong. One account was where someone had suffered quite a substantial hit to the side just beneath the arm and it had split the chainmail and split the skin beneath, leaving the patient with an open wound with close to a hundred split chainmail circlet rings in his wound that had to be pulled out one by one.

Pretty gruesome, but interesting stuff.

Yes chain mail against heavy melee weapons isn’t that good. Very good against arrows and it has low material cost and is very mobile.