Game mechanics poll

• How are the game mechanics in Content Update 1 compared to before?

• Better in some ways, worse in others…?

• You have 2 “a little worse” options.

• @Slaughtervomit:

You have 2 “a little worse” options.

I guess he didn’t want anyone choosing a little better.

• Instant overhead with a 2 handed axe faster than the stiletto dagger. How fun.

• @Slaughtervomit:

D’oh! And apparently you can’t edit polls…

• @ericjs:

@Slaughtervomit:

D’oh! And apparently you can’t edit polls…

I think you can but it resets the results.

• I can’t place my finger on it, but I feel like the game ran smoother before the update. 8-)

I’m also holding an intense grudge for my missing veteran helmets.

• The game definitely ran better for me before the update… My fps is 60+ , my ping is fine, but everything just seems off for some reason. It’s like all of the attack animations are choppy or something… And sometimes a server will randomly take a dump and everyone will start warping all over the place. Don’t recall that happening before the patch.

• Damn, so it seems the update wasn’t too popular. 8-)

• @amrtin:

The game definitely ran better for me before the update… My fps is 60+ , my ping is fine, but everything just seems off for some reason. It’s like all of the attack animations are choppy or something… And sometimes a server will randomly take a dump and everyone will start warping all over the place. Don’t recall that happening before the patch.

At least i’m not the only one. This happened to me the day after the patch and a LOT afterward. It sort of stopped but my ping has been like in the 30’s before. FPS around 60 (w/ vsync) or over 100 (w/o vsync) but i would teleport all over the place. This stopped happening recently and happens very rarely now.

What gets me all the time now is that my game randomly closes out. Not all the way, just as if i alt+tabbed the game out but i didn’t. This ALWAYS happens to me while i’m in an engagement. Every time. I come back into the game DEAD. Very rarely do i survive… but i have in the past… it’s still super annoying especially when you are in a fight, one hit away… then BAM… game close… FUUUUUUUUCK COME BACK UP COME ON COME ON HURRY HURRY HURRY … FUCK IM DEAD!

• Poll shows that most everyone thinks the new update is garbage, and they’re right.

For once, I can say that i’m proud to be a part of a game’s community. Identifying the problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

• @amrtin:

The game definitely ran better for me before the update… My fps is 60+ , my ping is fine, but everything just seems off for some reason. It’s like all of the attack animations are choppy or something… And sometimes a server will randomly take a dump and everyone will start warping all over the place. Don’t recall that happening before the patch.

/
    This. I stopped playing its just too random and frustrating atm. I hope they fix it with the next patch :(

voted “Definitely worse”
    would like to vote “They fucked it up” (at least for me)

• Game is totally broken and the mods are too busy posting in forums like this viewtopic.php?f=77&t=10416 to care.

• @Peglegkickboxer:

Game is totally broken and the mods are too busy posting in forums like this viewtopic.php?f=77&t=10416 to care.

Mods have jobs and some have jobs and college. I only post when I’m not at my house. Check my posting times its all mornings or evenings. Very much is the same for the others. I’d recommend you comment on things you actually have knowledge on.

• 8-) Oh where, oh where have my veteran helmets gone, oh where, oh where could they be?

• I voted a little worse just because I thought it would be funny :)

• @Peglegkickboxer:

Game is totally broken and the mods are too busy posting in forums like this viewtopic.php?f=77&t=10416 to care.

We’re forum moderators and server admins. The state of the game has absolutely nothing to do with us. Whilst I would love to see bugs fixed as much as you, that is totally out of our hands.

• Hard to say- I really love the new alternate attack mechanics, but the current problems with game mechanics seem to be bug related rather than actual intended design- such as hitting through shields/parries and weird weapon range issues. And ballistas.

• @Gadwin:

Poll shows that most everyone thinks the new update is garbage, and they’re right.

For once, I can say that i’m proud to be a part of a game’s community. Identifying the problem is the first step on the road to recovery.

Well considering the poll options were biased…