New Weapon -War Scythe

• War Scythe

I think it would be good if they added this weapon as I think it would sit well among the Chivalry armory
    It would most likely deal sharp damage. it is a Scythe specially modified for Military use.

Tell me what you think! :D

-From what I’ve read, The War Scythe dates back to the 12th century and earlier. (When Chivalry is set.)

• I dont think that would add anything new really, vanguard polearms look kinda like that and would have the same use. Im all in for new weapons but they need to have a new use, like the newly added flail and slingshot. If you could customize weapons that could be on skin for a polearm.

• There are many versions of the war scythe,there’s another topic about it, They’ve talked about another weapon called “Romfaia”, it looks like a big “reverse” sword

• This is like a dumbed-down billhook.

• @havz0r:

This is like a dumbed-down billhook.

Why are you comparing it to the Vanguard’s billhook? all that you know it could be the first 2 hander dealing Sharp damage for MAA.

• @Riuuii:

War Scythe

I think it would be good if they added this weapon as I think it would sit well among the Chivalry armory
    It would most likely deal sharp damage. it is a Scythe specially modified for Military use.

-From what I’ve read, The War Scythe dates back to the 12th century and earlier. (When Chivalry is set.)

No offense, but that’s not a War Scythe, that’s a Bill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polis … n_1863.PNG

There’s your war scythes. :)

• @NikolaiLev:

@Riuuii:

War Scythe

No offense, but that’s not a War Scythe, that’s a Bill.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Polis … n_1863.PNG

There’s your war scythes. :)

Thank you!, I’ll change the image right now! :D
    And it’s good as the Wikipedia page mentioned them being around in the 15th and 16th century (where a lot of the weapons in Chivalry are set).

• @Riuuii:

@havz0r:

Why are you comparing it to the Vanguard’s billhook? all that you know it could be the first 2 hander dealing Sharp damage for MAA.

1. There is no “Sharp” damage.
    2. A polearm on MAA would mean overpowered range with dodge.

• @havz0r:

@Riuuii:

@havz0r:

I have changed the design completely, So you can forget what I wrote completely . (The old design had much shorter reach, so not as long as Vanguards weapons and would be rather blunt from cutting wheat so it not be Over-Powered for MAA). The new one would almost defiantly be for Vanguard due to it’s range and it being a pole arm.

-And what I mean from Sharp damage was dealing more damage to light armor over blunt for heavy.

• Global Moderator

You mean pierce damage.

• @lemonater47:

You mean pierce damage.

Exactly! :P

• Read again the modified post, still a long reachy pokey thing… vanguard has it.

• @Onetastic:

Read again the modified post, still a long reachy pokey thing… vanguard has it.

So, It’s bad Vanguard has a Long reaching weapon? are you expecting him to wield a butter knife?

• @Onetastic:

I dont think that would add anything new really, vanguard polearms look kinda like that and would have the same use. Im all in for new weapons but they need to have a new use, like the newly added flail and slingshot. If you could customize weapons that could be on skin for a polearm.

• @havz0r:

@Riuuii:

@havz0r:

He obviously means “Swing” damage.

Not if you disabled dodge while wielding it, or disallowed attacking while dodging with it. It’d be a little unintuitive, but would solve the balance issues.

Anyway, all the Vanguard polearms deal SwingBlunt. This could easily be made to deal Swing in moderate amounts with a high speed. It could also have a poor thrust but otherwise excellent reach. It’d be a lighter, longer, sharper Bardiche. And hey, that sounds unique enough to me.

Not terribly unique, but unique enough. It’d definitely work for the Vanguard, especially if choosing it granted access to MaA primaries as secondary weapons (sort of like getting a slightly inferior primary for slightly better secondaries). That’s not to say the Way Scythe would definitely be inferior to the other options (as it could be balanced so it wasn’t) but it’s an option for more uniqueness.

• And it could just be for Vanguard.