Change Sprint command from "hit shift" to "holding shift."

• Basically make it to where if you are holding the sprint button you will sprint. I can see where they were going with having you have to re-press the button to start sprinting again if something stops you but with the terrain as wonky as it is I think players would find it less frustrating to justbe able to hold the sprint button and know they will sprint if the option is there.

• Yeah, so many times I hit shift during my recovery and nothing happens when the recovery has ended. I’m forced to re-press.

• Oh how much I want this. I hate having my sprint interrupted by terrain or other players and then having to release and repress shift.

• Completely agree.

Another annoyance is that you’re not allowed to transition into sprint after you’ve finished an attack action even though you are allowed to sprint with those things.
    For example, you can sprint with the sling primed, but you have to sprint first before winding up the sling otherwise you will be stuck in walking speed until you throw.

• +1 (!)

• Fully supported. Sprint is terribly clunky right now.

• signed! This drives me mad.

• totally agree

• @cptdno:

+1

• +1
    An always run option would be good with holding shift to walk.

• @giantyak:

+1

Yes I’d like to see this. I’m sure most of us sprint 90% of the time anyway and only walk to regain health and stamina.

• +10

• Agree. I found this particularly annoying with the Javelin as you would have to sprint before winding up to be able to sprint with the attack primed.

• This a million times.

On the occasional days where I get free time from work and house chores to actually play more than an hour or 2, the constant holding and re-pressing of the shift key makes my pinky wear out. I have to take breaks and stretch/train my pinky. I usually throw on the training montage music from Rocky IV while I do this.

• I hold shift to run. So idk what you’re problem is.

• @AngryDave:

@giantyak:

+1

Yes I’d like to see this. I’m sure most of us sprint 90% of the time anyway and only walk to regain health and stamina.

Even better. Please this x100

• @Daiyuki:

@AngryDave:

@giantyak:

+1

Even better. Please this x100

This

• Crap! I didnt even know thats how it was supose to work! No wonder i lose my sprint so often. It drives me crazy always having ro repress it if i get stunned or fall.

• @|:

I hold shift to run. So idk what you’re problem is.

You actually press and hold shift during particular states to run. That’s vastly different from holding shift to produce a run. If holding shift could trigger a run then you wouldn’t have to let go and repress shift whenever you clipped against something in order to start running.

• +1 to OP.
    Really hate repressing things (that’s the whole reason the option to Hold rather than Toggle exists!!!).

Just a sidequestion to the people mentioning it:
    Isn’t the mechanism that when you sprint and you throw a weapon you continue sprinting a bug or oversight?
    I thought they removed sprinting during throwing deliberately to increase risk for the unblockable damage you do (to non-shielders of course), but that sprinting beforehand somehow circumvents this measure…