Citadel map changes

• Objective 1 - Spawn masons behind the wall on the ground
    Objective 2 - I suppose it is ok but its confusing to defend
    Objective 3 - I hate this one, what you are defending is so spread out and there are no indicators as to what is completed (look how well trebuchets show you)
    Objective 4 - Malric needs twice the health or a shield or some buff because he always falls quickly

• @gregcau:

Objective 1 - Spawn masons behind the wall on the ground
    Objective 2 - I suppose it is ok but its confusing to defend
    Objective 3 - I hate this one, what you are defending is so spread out and there are no indicators as to what is completed (look how well trebuchets show you)
    Objective 4 - Malric needs twice the health or a shield or some buff because he always falls quickly

Objective 1: Agreed

Objective 2: Agreed, needs to be easier to defend, too many places once again to defend.

Objective 3: Agreed

Kill Malric objective: He only dies so quickly because the layout of the map at the stage is so horribly imbalanced towards Agathian’s. He literally gets swarmed from all sides, there is absolutely nothing defensible about that throneroom.

• Malric dies too easily. :(

• On the last stage, a couple of changes if I may so suggest.

New throne room. Make it sligthly longer and add more levels, so that it kinda reminds an ant nest or a cake. Throne/Seat should be against the wall on approximately 2 or 3 levels higher than it is now.
    While the Agatha’s king’s throne room is really long, Mason’s should be rather high.
    BonusExtraSuperCool: Add an alternative route which takes a lot of time to take and is risky due to environmental hazards (jumps or traps or something) which leads to above the throne, allowing a surprise attack. There should be a way to limit how many people would take this tho. (More bonus: Do the same to Agatha’s throne room)

Or, the lazy way: move Agatha’s spawnpoint not infront of the broken doors, but on the huge stairs or below them on the courtyard.

As the last stage is, Agatha has barely any downtime from spawning to get to the king, compared to the FREAKING 45 SECOND STROLL IT TAKES MASONS TO GET TO THE AGATHA’S KING.

p.s. Is it a bug or something when the King’s die too fast and they are still standing there amongst everyone?

• While not perfect in terms of gamebalance, I always find it nice to give Malric a proper beating as payback for the near impossible first stage.

Also, with organized defense, the doors can be hard to take down.

Boils down to the question: Is it a target for level design to provide equally hard objectives for all stages or is variation ok?

In my opinion its not a goal in itself, just don’t put the hardest first. Its nice to have the hardest as the second last.

• @Ankkah:

On the last stage, a couple of changes if I may so suggest.

New throne room. Make it sligthly longer and add more levels, so that it kinda reminds an ant nest or a cake. Throne/Seat should be against the wall on approximately 2 or 3 levels higher than it is now.
    While the Agatha’s king’s throne room is really long, Mason’s should be rather high.
    BonusExtraSuperCool: Add an alternative route which takes a lot of time to take and is risky due to environmental hazards (jumps or traps or something) which leads to above the throne, allowing a surprise attack. There should be a way to limit how many people would take this tho. (More bonus: Do the same to Agatha’s throne room)

Or, the lazy way: move Agatha’s spawnpoint not infront of the broken doors, but on the huge stairs or below them on the courtyard.

As the last stage is, Agatha has barely any downtime from spawning to get to the king, compared to the FREAKING 45 SECOND STROLL IT TAKES MASONS TO GET TO THE AGATHA’S KING.

p.s. Is it a bug or something when the King’s die too fast and they are still standing there amongst everyone?

I really like the ants nest theme idea, but I’d suggest not having the players fight on sheer stairways just because this game is still rather buggy with hit rego when people are on different planes of field. Maybe have numerous stairs with numerous little “high ground” positions which can be easily defended by Masons if they dig in but if they get moved off the high ground then it will take them a bit to get back and defend.

• Stage 1 Improvements; Shorter distance between Agatha spawn and the wall and/or redirect Mason spawn at the Slave Cages. Reason for this is that it takes roughly 45 seconds for a MaA to sprint to the wall and get to the balista, without any resistance or to turn the balista around.
    Mason spawn is also too close, either increase spawn time or let them spawn at the slave cages, allowing several “drop in” passages near the barrier.

Stage 2 Improvements; Devide up the cages, 1 lock per cage. Or keep same ammount of cages, change that individual locks must be smashed rather than just one. Increased time for the barrier to fall. The cages are easily unlocked(4 strikes per cage with no repair) especially those on the bottom floor. The stairs along the sides also lead directly behind the defenders, allowing for quick access to the two supposedly easiest-defendable cages, outside mason spawn. I also propose the increased duration for the barrier to fall(Simular to Hillside’s wall) when the objective is completed, both teams spawn at their new spawns, but the barrier takes a few seconds to fall, this allows the Masons to form a defence for the cages. It’s often the case that the bottom floor is already flooded with Agatians long before Masons even spawn.

Stage 3 Improvements; Remove middle path access. Divide Mason Spawns further. Improve notifications for areas under attack.
    The middle path allows the Masons to rush straight up to the Agathians at their spawn and it allows Agatha to quickly reach the slaves without much trouble. The Mason have 2 spawn points, one above the Quarry-like area(on the right, as seen from Mason perspective) and one near the middle-path access. I suggest moving the middle path access spawn to the left, near the tracks. This allows Mason to react more quickly to the slaves being freed on the lower left platforms(Near the tracks). For improving the notifications for which area’s are under attack, perhaps a flag system like the balistas on Hillside would be better.

Stage 4 Improvements; None really. A properly organised team can hold the doors for a long duration, even win the map. The doors duration seems to have been increased.

Stage 5 Improvements; Increase lenght of the throne room. Place Mason spawn closer to Malric. Remove or adapt side staircases to not lead directly behind Malric.
    It often is the case that once Malric spawns, the Agathains have already broken down the doors and reached him, while the first few Mason that spawned are only just reaching him.
    The room is also too broad, allowing for archers to hang to the side and pelt Malric with arrows from all sides(As opposed to Stoneshill, where they can only come from slightly left or slightly right). The lenght of the room is also too short(Where in Stoneshill, it takes a long time to reach the King, in Citadel it’s less than 15 seconds).
    The lenght and width suggestions can be concidered and/or. If the room becomes longer, the width might not be so significant anymore. Alternatively if the width is fixed it might not be such a problem either. There is one flaw in the stage, and those are the rear stairs. Most likely ment for Mason’s to reach Malric faster, but often used by sneaky MaA’s and Vanguards to sneak behind the lines and flank heavily.

• The things that confuse me the most is that I’m guarding some cages or some slaves and then it pops up and says Objective Failed.

I’m like WTF they never got this cage or that slave.

So its like what, do I just run around killing people or am I actually guarding something.

The doors I am pretty sure they do not have to bash them in to fail to defend the doors. Not exactly sure what the trigger is - is it just one door or just one hit?