Just Purchased Yesterday…

• AND I’M SITTING HERE AT WORK GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!

I use to be a hardcore original Age of Chiv player…I did the arenas for a while yesterday to get use to the combat…then I moved on to the 7 round last man standing maps which I was terrible at but really enjoyed.

What else should I try? If I downloaded it yesterday do I have content update 1 or do I still need to DL? Are there any classic map re-designs out there? Any other game modes a beginner should try to get the full feel of the game?

I killed this archer running away from me yesterday with a throwing axe to the back…it felt really good. He of course killed me a few times with his bare fists.

That is all. Thanks in advance.

Skar101 (of the one hundred and one)

• If you loved AoC you definitely should get in some Team Objective. Three of the fan favorite classic maps have been remade for Chivalry - Darkforest, Battlegrounds and Stoneshill.

• @Skar101:

AND I’M SITTING HERE AT WORK GOING THROUGH WITHDRAWALS!!!

I use to be a hardcore original Age of Chiv player…I did the arenas for a while yesterday to get use to the combat…then I moved on to the 7 round last man standing maps which I was terrible at but really enjoyed.

What else should I try? If I downloaded it yesterday do I have content update 1 or do I still need to DL? Are there any classic map re-designs out there? Any other game modes a beginner should try to get the full feel of the game?

I killed this archer running away from me yesterday with a throwing axe to the back…it felt really good. He of course killed me a few times with his bare fists.

That is all. Thanks in advance.

Skar101 (of the one hundred and one)

Its a great game. Had so many fun experiences - sometimes with the enemy where we have fun killing each other and joke about it. Capture the flag me a another guy sitting on our flag spamming all the modes and waiting for masons to arrive “INCOMING”. There were so few we had to ask our team mates to let a couple through to the flag.

FFA is great for working on your unlocking weapons.

Duel save for later (search server name Duel as it is not on the game mode list) but its great even if you get owned a lot (which you will) for improving your game and then use it on the objective maps.

Over time preferences change, I go through phases - Team Objective, Last Team Standing, Duel to sharpen my skills) I don’t really do a lot of FFA or Team Deathmatch nowadays but its all good at the start.

But yeah its addictive, you may want to start therapy or counselling now just to keep your gaming hours in check.

• Oh, gotta mention how much I love the “yelling” in this game…I was cracking up so hard last night at the end of Last Man Standings watching the remaining players taunt the last corpse.

I started smashing my “yell” key at the beginning of each round with everyone else and embarrassingly it made everything more in-depth of an experience.

• I would actually recommend starting with the duel mode if you have the balls, the courage and the patience to get through the first days of playing :-). It will increase your 1v1 skill drastically that you can later use in team objective games very well. But if you won´t be having fun rather go play something else. :-)

• What else should I try? If I downloaded it yesterday do I have content update 1 or do I still need to DL?

If you have Chivalry, you have CU1. It is an automatic update from Steam, and a new download such as yours would definitely have it.

• You should start watching some tutorials on youtube. ;)

• We also have a lovely Tutorial section here: viewforum.php?f=85