Why not on XBLA ?

• Hello everyone, developers and players.
    I think Chivalry Medieval Warfare is an original game and very interesting. I saw some videos on Youtube of the game, and immediatly, I liked this game. But I play on Xbox 360 and I haven’t a good computer for playing videos games on it and I can’t have it (for the moment). So I had an idea :
    Maybe Torn Banner Studios can sell Chivalry Medieval Warfare on the Xbox Live Arcade. I think it will be great and by the way, I’ll play this game and many other gamer too.
    So I propose my idea to the developers to sell their game on the Xbox Live Arcade for the happiness of Xbox 360’s players. But you have to contact Microsoft and have à lots of contracts etc… But I really hope that my wish happen.
    In hope the developers will see my post. Thanks for making happiness and games.

-From a French Xbox 360’s player who really want this game on his console.

Thanks. :)

PS : Sorry for my English if I made mistakes, I do my best.

• Double Fine’s Tim Schaefer pegged the cost of submitting an Xbox 360 patch at $40,000 in an interview with Hookshot Inc. earlier this year

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/07/m … patch-fee/

• i’d rather have a PlayStation Network version. graphics would be a hell of a lot better.

• Graphics are not exactly crazy on a pc ether so does it matter? :D

• Do you guys really want to play Chivalry with awkward aiming controller analog?

• Because when Torn Banner looked at platforms, the Xbox simply didn’t make the cut.

• Also because microsoft is an amazing pain in the ass to deal with if you’re an indie dev. Sometimes even if you’re a BIG dev; Valve discovered this the hard way when trying to fix Team Fortress 2 on the Xbox 360.

I’m not the least bit surprised there’s no XBLA version, thus.

• Now if you were to ask about an Android/iOS version… that is a different story as those “app stores” are more developer friendly.

• the idea is good but the way the game performs is more for a mouse and keyboard then a controller cause the sensitivity for a xbox or ps3 controller just wont work at all the gameplay wont be as fast as it will be on pc

• @coldkiller:

the idea is good but the way the game performs is more for a mouse and keyboard then a controller cause the sensitivity for a xbox or ps3 controller just wont work at all the gameplay wont be as fast as it will be on pc

It can be as fast as PC. Crank the sensitivity up on the analog sticks. Aiming with bows is very hard though! I reckon that a aim assistant might need to be added for controllers… which would mean that controller users really shouldn’t be playing with keyboard and mouse users to keep it fair.

• This would be interesting to try and map the controls well over to XB. But lets try! This isn’t a hugely precise game for the most part so the loss in precision isn’t game breaking.

Anolog sticks or obvious for their movement control. Holding left down gives sprint and right give crouch?

Next we have our 3 basic attacks, block/parry, feint, jump, interact, and kick. Block needs to be instantly accessible so lets give it LT and slash to RT. Now it gets hard. Feint needs to be easy to use in order for it to effectively exist, but we have 2 more basic attacks and 2 more bumpers to put it on. I’d say put stab on LB and downward on RB.

4 face buttons now and we still have feint, kick, interact, and jump. Well, thats nice-ish. Feint on A for the shortest journy for the thumb meaning minimal loss of control. Kick on X, interact on B, and jump on Y (not used as often in most gameplay, but it messes with convention as A is usually jump).

Weapon selection on the D pad. Tab is select, but make it toggle. Start is class/team selection/menu.

It’s messy. But it might do the trick. We lost the functionality of alt due to lack of avaliable buttons. It might be reintroduced through putting parry/block on the trigger. Which would allow it to return, but with lack of a good place to put it. Would probably end up on X or B. Enough people have mics so the quick shouts aren’t necessary, though it loses some charm from that. Also no battlecry.

Any addendums to make?

• @Corsair:

This would be interesting to try and map the controls well over to XB. But lets try! This isn’t a hugely precise game for the most part so the loss in precision isn’t game breaking.

Anolog sticks or obvious for their movement control. Holding left down gives sprint and right give crouch?

Next we have our 3 basic attacks, block/parry, feint, jump, interact, and kick. Block needs to be instantly accessible so lets give it LT and slash to RT. Now it gets hard. Feint needs to be easy to use in order for it to effectively exist, but we have 2 more basic attacks and 2 more bumpers to put it on. I’d say put stab on LB and downward on RB.

4 face buttons now and we still have feint, kick, interact, and jump. Well, thats nice-ish. Feint on A for the shortest journy for the thumb meaning minimal loss of control. Kick on X, interact on B, and jump on Y (not used as often in most gameplay, but it messes with convention as A is usually jump).

Weapon selection on the D pad. Tab is select, but make it toggle. Start is class/team selection/menu.

It’s messy. But it might do the trick. We lost the functionality of alt due to lack of avaliable buttons. It might be reintroduced through putting parry/block on the trigger. Which would allow it to return, but with lack of a good place to put it. Would probably end up on X or B. Enough people have mics so the quick shouts aren’t necessary, though it loses some charm from that. Also no battlecry.

Any addendums to make?

This is what the controls are currently mapped to by default:

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowMenu",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_NextWeapon",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StartStab",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Shove",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Reload | GBA_Feint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Use",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",SecondaryKey=,Command="Jump",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Sprint | GBA_Zoom",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_UpDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_DownDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_PlayBattleCry",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ToggleXHair",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

On my desktop, I switched the three main attacks around to make stab be right trigger, overhead to be right shoulder, and left shoulder to do horizontal attack for my xbox360 controller.

• like i said great idea but will microsoft buy into it the thing about it is xbl wants money in return for updating games they have a rep of been greedy assholes when it comes to downloadable games on xbl