ARCHERY tournament

• We see all this 5v5 and 1v1 crap but wheres the archery tournaments for all us bow and arrow lovers :P or crossbow :s
    Seriously, be good to see one come up.

• Archery takes no skill you cod kid, l2p like a true warrior, I bet you can’t even use lmb with a warhammer. Sounds like you need to take on true fighters in a 1v1 MELEE tournament!

• What Tree said :P

Really tho, there will be stuff for ya’ll archers at DAG… just not for a tiny bit (workin on the leagues and ladders atm).

• Tree are you serious, archery takes no skill? Your a fuckin moron if you say that. Yes anyone can pick up the bow and get lucky shots on anyone. What a lot of people cant do is land hits consistently, one after another and be able to kill 5+ opponents at the same time before they reach you and you resort to melee archer.

• @Nigel:

Tree are you serious, archery takes no skill? Your a fuckin moron if you say that. Yes anyone can pick up the bow and get lucky shots on anyone. What a lot of people cant do is land hits consistently, one after another and be able to kill 5+ opponents at the same time before they reach you and you resort to melee archer.

It was a joke, I’ve only played 700 hours of archer in Chivalry…

• You should have an archery tournament where it is not 5v5 but more of an accuracy competition.

You could use voluneteers as human targets. You could have 8 people stand out in a field and the archers have X/shots per round etc. You could also do it where you have the targets “moving” and also a time based contest… like 8 targets to shoot at - as soon as all of them are dead your time is over, lowest time wins.

• Yes, Tree is an archer goddess… except without the “dess”… If you know what I mean….

:archb:

• @Kimiko:

Yes, Tree is an archer goddess… except without the “dess”… If you know what I mean….

:archb:

So… He’s a… dog? With a bow?

That’s surely what you meant.

• @Park:

You should have an archery tournament where it is not 5v5 but more of an accuracy competition.

You could use voluneteers as human targets. You could have 8 people stand out in a field and the archers have X/shots per round etc. You could also do it where you have the targets “moving” and also a time based contest… like 8 targets to shoot at - as soon as all of them are dead your time is over, lowest time wins.

Well, that wouldn’t really work. If the targets move in a predictable fashion, any archer would get them all one shot each. It’s isn’t like human aim where every little twitch in the arm can change where the arrow lands and if your eye is slightly wrongly placed, who knows where it will go. The arrows always go the direction you aim, your “arm” doesn’t twitch and your “eye” is always in perfect position. A few simple calculations about how far up you need to aim and a little bit of timing is all you need to hit those targets. Especially now that you have all the time in the world to aim.
    What makes archery hard in Chivalry is that what you are aiming at are players with random movement hellbent on brutally murder you. You don’t have a lot of time and if you miss, it can be game over for you.
    So the kind of archer competition you are suggesting is not good at all. It’s way to simple, easy and no high skill is involved.

• Create a ArcheryRange mod for chivalry like FiringRange in vcod.

• It’s nice to use the latest fashion of bow and arrow while in the tournament as it is trended with the new technologies. Then probably good shot is possible.

• i am the worst archer in the game… if there was an archer leaderboard, i would not even be listed on it anywhere, not even the last name, the last spot would be too much of an entitlement to me. I could put a 16x rifle scope on a crossbow and still wouldn’t hit an entire castle wall

• sounds pretty interesting, when this archery tournament,
    its surprising to see this kind of sport, i like to see a bow and arrow shoot in person,