Alternate Server Browser

• I’ve created a temporary solution for those with server browser woes. It’s a Java based program that recreates the functionality of the in-game server browser. Please make sure that your Java is up to date before running the program.

Usage notes:
    Just extract the .zip file and double click the “ChivalryServerBrowser.jar” file to run. Click the hyperlinked IPaddress:port to automatically launch the game and connect to the server[superscript:2bvaorjw]1[/superscript:2bvaorjw]. Joining a game will cancel the current query/refresh so you don’t need to worry about extra packets flying around once you join a server. Double click a server name to open a new tab with the list of currently connected players. Let me know if you run into any bugs.

Check out the map after you get some servers!

[superscript:2bvaorjw]1[/superscript:2bvaorjw]The links to connect to a server only work if you have exited the game. If you’re at the main menu in-game and nothing happens after say a minute, the connection probably timed out.

[attachment=4:2bvaorjw]browser1.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

[attachment=3:2bvaorjw]browser2.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

[attachment=2:2bvaorjw]browser3.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

[attachment=1:2bvaorjw]browser4.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

[attachment=0:2bvaorjw]browser5.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

[attachment=5:2bvaorjw]gamepad.png[/attachment:2bvaorjw]

That linky to download:
    May 5, 2013 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?4qclm8i7gmn28nx

GitHub:
    https://github.com/tranek/ChivalryServerBrowser

Changelog:

May 5, 2013
    -Updated OFFICIAL SERVERS ONLY name filter for both release and beta apps; the new ping limit and European servers.

May 3, 2013
    -Fixed Steam friends not showing what server they were on.

-Added copy IP:port to clipboard for server list and server info tabs.

April 29, 2013
    -Added in support for the new naming convention of the official newbie servers for the "Official Servers only" filter.

April 26, 2013
    -Fixed friends in Chivalry not displaying in the Friends Tab (thanks for pointing this out DDR).

April 25, 2013
    -Fixed friends in a password protected server don't show up in the friends list.

-Fixed opening a server info tab from a friend will sometimes not display a game mode.

-Major code refactoring (see GitHub)

April 14, 2013
    -Fixed beta, fav, and history tabs causing a NullPointerException.

-Fixed friends list showing friends incorrectly depending on the checkbox.

-Refactored code.

-Removed a debug print statement from FriendQuery which a certain player may have found offensive.

-Started adding Javadoc.

April 13, 2013
    -Added tab to easily change the button binds for a gamepad/controller (assuming the game recognizes it as an Xbox360 controller).

-Clicking on the B button bind button will detect the incorrect default B button binding and fix it (change the order from reload and then feint to feint and then reload).

April 11, 2013
    -Now uses player counts reported by servers instead of filtering out players that have been on servers longer than 3 hours.

-Can hide server list tabs.

-Fixed message window autoscrolling.

-Added a few things to a server tab that is created when double clicking a server name.

-Can right click anywhere in the server tab that is created when double clicking a server name's info at the top to add to favorites, copy server name, or show in map.

-Can now right click on URL field in friends tab to paste Steam Community URL.

-Can now right click on Server name field in all server list tabs to paste server name.

-Can now right click server name in server list to copy the server name to the system clipboard.

-Can now right click server name in server list to show in map.

-Fixed selecting the right row when right clicking a server to add to favorites after sorting.

-Fixed adding servers from your history to your favorites.

-Added map of the world tab.

-Added game settings tab. Can now apply launch options and change game video settings directly from the Alternate Server Browser application. I just included a few as a proof of concept. If I'm missing any important ones, please let me know. This may turn into a way to preserve settings between game updates for those who don't like their settings to be erased.

-Fixed canceling a refresh from adding servers to the list after you click stop refreshing or click the refresh button to refresh again during a current refresh.

-Fixed joining a password protected server to actually try to use the password that you supplied (was creating the Steam URL wrongly previously).

-Friends tab now shows what servers friends are on in Chivalry. Servers are added to the database everytime that you refresh for this lookup to happen. If someone is in Chivalry and the server info isn't there, run a refresh on the normal servers with 0 filters to repopulate the database.

April 2, 2013
    -Fixed sorting player counts. They're now sorted as integers instead of strings so 20 is now considered greater than 7.

-Fixed locations outside of the US to display properly. Previously I was only using the ARIN whois service and only pointed the Regional Internet Registries that serve servers outside of the US instead of the servers themselves. So all European servers were pointing to RIPE's headquarters (Amsterdam). Some servers don't have cities registered to their IP addresses so you just get country codes for them.

-Refactored code (less duplication, easier to add future things to).

March 30, 2013
    -Added in perspective server filter. You can filter by first person only, third person only, or both. There aren't any third person only servers (you can check in-game server browser to confirm), so I don't know if that actually works... but first person only and both works. If anyone notices that third person only servers (if they ever exist) aren't showing up for third person only, let me know.

-Added the option to change the number of threads that query servers. Each thread can query one server at a time, so more threads means that you can query more servers at the same time with the end result of the list being populated faster. If you have too many threads querying servers at the same time, it can introduce packet latency which will mess up the reported pings. Previously it was hardcoded to 8 threads. Now you can change it between 1 and 32\. 32 is just a nice round number. If you want more than 32, I can change that in a future version.

March 23, 2013
    -Added in Favorite Servers list. Just right click a server in the Server List or Server History list and select to add it as a favorite. You can right click favorites to remove them from the favorite list.

-Added in Server History list.

-Added in Friends list. Your Steam Community profile has to be set to public for this to work. Your friends have to be public too for them to show up. Enter your Steam Community URL like [url]http://steamcommunity.com/id/ReMixx[/url] or [url]http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197984752886[/url] (for Chuck). You can use ctrl + v for pasting.

-Refactored some code.

March 15, 2013
    -Added in Beta Server list.

-Added locations for servers.

-Refactored code.

March 5, 2013
    -Fixed game type filter not working if the Official Servers Only filter was set. Thanks gregcau!

February 27, 2013
    -Bumped required Java JRE version to 1.7\. Get with the times people, 1.8 will be here soon anyways  :P

-Fixed the mismatch between the server you clicked to join and the server you actually joined. This bug popped up when you sorted after the server list was populated. Thanks gregcau!

-Save server filters! Exiting the game via the X or the menu will save the filters out to a sqlite database file ("browserdb"). Because of the addition of SQLite, I had to include SQLite drivers for all the OSes.

-Add a filter to show Official Servers only. This only parses out the naming convention used by the Official Servers. So if someone names a server like an official one, it might show up.

-Double click a server's name to open a new tab with info about the server. Right now it only shows the currently connected players. I don't know if these tabs will be used or not, so I didn't put more effort into it to show the map or stuff like that.

February 23, 2013
    -Changed the way the threads lock onto the server table. Each thread no longer has a copy of the DefaultTableModel. It's now wholly owned by the Synchronizer class/object. Hopefully this fixes the mismatch between IP addresses and server names. Can someone who had problems before check, please?

-Changed how the thread pool was created so that every time the refresh function is called, the pool of threads is re-initialized. This seems to have eliminated the need to wait 15-20 seconds before hitting refresh after hitting the stop refreshing button.

February 13, 2013
    -Initial release.

Known Issues:

-Servers with apostrophes in their names cannot be added to the favorites list (primitive SQL injection protection). Needs to be changed to sanitization.

Disclaimer of liability:

By using this product, I am not responsible for your computer exploding, kittens dying, or anything else bad that may or may not happen.

Side effects:

Meowrics (Mason leader) may die.

• Is there a better page you could have hosted this on?

I’m really interested in trying this, but… I’m not going to wait 20 minutes for a 20mb file to download. This site limits non-paying users to downloading at 20kb/s, which is ultra, ultra crappy.

Just saying.

• Added to Hotfile and Mediafire.

• nifty! :ugeek:
    i’ll pass it along if i encounter someone with problems.

• @carrion:

nifty! :ugeek:
    i’ll pass it along if i encounter someone with problems.

• Hey!

Thank you so much for making this. I was worried that my server was going to die out with no players and not even the host being able to join ^^.
    I still have to ask though… Do you know when it will eventually be fixed in the “real” browser?

Again, thanks!
    Regards,
    Still.

• @StillAlive:

Hey!

Thank you so much for making this. I was worried that my server was going to die out with no players and not even the host being able to join ^^.
    I still have to ask though… Do you know when it will eventually be fixed in the “real” browser?

Again, thanks!
    Regards,
    Still.

Which part of the real browser are you referring to? For example, player counts are fixed for the next coming patch.

• Well, the whole “my server is not displayed in the browser”.
    It still occurs to mine.

• @ReMixx:

player counts are fixed for the next coming patch.

What?! That’s great news.

• @StillAlive:

Well, the whole “my server is not displayed in the browser”.
    It still occurs to mine.

Then there is a problem with the way that it’s set up/configured.

• And this is how you make a server browser, both RK servers actually appear! Unlike the in-game browser…

Remixx, please go and take over the in-game browser :P

• @Martin:

And this is how you make a server browser, both RK servers actually appear! Unlike the in-game browser…

Remixx, please go and take over the in-game browser :P

Well… I didn’t want to move to Canada… and that apparently was a deal breaker. Sorry Martin :(

It’s not a perfect server browser, it still needs to have the threads fixed when you cancel a search for them to die instantly.

Besides, the in-game browser isn’t built with Java. Java is easy :)

• Question: will the game still be launching through Steam with this?

• @Skream:

Question: will the game still be launching through Steam with this?

Yep.

• No still shows inaccurate player counts.

I just tried it and it said Official TO #12 had 32 players.

But arrived at it had just me.

• @gregcau:

No still shows inaccurate player counts.

I just checked and joined. There’s 30 people here including me.

Either you clicked the wrong one by accident or the server browser goofed and put the wrong IP next to it’s name for you (could happen, thought I fixed that…).

• @ReMixx:

@gregcau:

Either you clicked the wrong one by accident or the server browser goofed and put the wrong IP next to it’s name for you (could happen, thought I fixed that…).

I think the 3 hours empty kicked in because now it shows it empty - which it is. Ultimately this is a server issue - the values it provides to the client whether your java or the CMW client is wrong.

[image:1xwq9tbp]http://i49.tinypic.com/302z5ky.png[/image:1xwq9tbp]

• @gregcau:

@ReMixx:

@gregcau:

I think the 3 hours empty kicked in because now it shows it empty - which it is. Ultimately this is a server issue - the values it provides to the client whether your java or the CMW client is wrong.

[image:2vvmndsl]http://i49.tinypic.com/302z5ky.png[/image:2vvmndsl]

You’re highlighting the 24p server. Your initial post said 32p.

• I’m still getting 0 servers with this program :’(

• @tegan456:

I’m still getting 0 servers with this program :’(

You might want to check your firewall settings. I had the same problem, but that fixed it for me.