Alternate Server Browser

• New release! Now with gamepad button bindings! (If you don’t use a gamepad, you can skip this release as it doesn’t change anything else other than add in a tab for easily changing gamepad button bindings)

[attachment=0:6vamd1oo]gamepad.png[/attachment:6vamd1oo]

Changes:

April 13, 2013
    -Added tab to easily change the button binds for a gamepad/controller (assuming the game recognizes it as an Xbox360 controller).

-Clicking on the B button bind button will detect the incorrect default B button binding and fix it (change the order from reload and then feint to feint and then reload).

Next release: Built Unreal Engine 3 from scratch in Java. Play Chivalry in a tab, complete with no ghost swings or alternate attack bugs!!

Unless there are any bugs or feature requests, this will probably be the last release for now. I’ve run out of things to add to it.

• @ReMixx:

Unless there are any bugs or feature requests, this will probably be the last release for now. I’ve run out of things to add to it.

Maybe in 2014 the ingame browser will have all these features - but I doubt it lol.

Good job.

• @gregcau:

@ReMixx:

Maybe in 2014 the ingame browser will have all these features - but I doubt it lol.

Good job.

Thanks! It was an enjoyable hobby.

• Looks like there’s still some bugs with the friends list not behaving quite correctly - not showing everyone and showing people not in chiv when the checkbox is checked. I’ll fix that eventually.

I get a null pointer trying to refresh beta servers too. Poop.

• New Release! Fixed my derped last release.

Changes:

April 14, 2013
    -Fixed beta, fav, and history tabs causing a NullPointerException.

-Fixed friends list showing friends incorrectly depending on the checkbox.

-Refactored code.

-Removed a debug print statement from FriendQuery which a certain player may have found offensive.

-Started adding Javadoc.

• hey… its still not showing any servers with this alternate server browser???
    please help…. i dont want to pay for a $25 dollar game that i cant play online…

Refreshing servers…
    Retrieved servers from Master Server.
    Querying individual servers…
    Retrieved 0 servers with 0 players playing.

• @Alex:

hey… its still not showing any servers with this alternate server browser???
    please help…. i dont want to pay for a $25 dollar game that i cant play online…

Refreshing servers…
    Retrieved servers from Master Server.
    Querying individual servers…
    Retrieved 0 servers with 0 players playing.

Your router or software firewall may be blocking it.

Please list your ISP, internet type (cable, DSL, satellite, university, etc.), modem brand and model, router brand and model if you have one separate from the modem, and any software firewall programs that you have.

Also, can you see servers on Steam for any other game that uses the Steam Master Server? (View -> Servers I think).

• Friends list doesn’t work right still. There are 3 people playing Chiv on my list yet the server browser doesn’t even register that fact.
    “0 playing Chiv right now”

• @DDR:

Friends list doesn’t work right still. There are 3 people playing Chiv on my list yet the server browser doesn’t even register that fact.
    “0 playing Chiv right now”

Friends on a private server don’t show up. It’s a known issue that I fixed in the source code awhile back but never put out a new version. I may as well do that…

Thanks for reminding me to release a new version :)

• New release! This just fixes a few minor bugs that popped up. I believe that you can copy your browserdb file from the last release and overwrite this one to keep your favorited servers and server history.

Changelog:

April 25, 2013
    -Fixed friends in a password protected server don't show up in the friends list.

-Fixed opening a server info tab from a friend will sometimes not display a game mode.

-Major code refactoring (see GitHub)

Known issues:

None! :D

• @ReMixx:

New release! This just fixes a few minor bugs that popped up. I believe that you can copy your browserdb file from the last release and overwrite this one to keep your favorited servers and server history.

Changelog:

April 25, 2013
    -Fixed friends in a password protected server don't show up in the friends list.

-Fixed opening a server info tab from a friend will sometimes not display a game mode.

-Major code refactoring (see GitHub)

Known issues:

None! :D

Friend list feature still not working correctly.

• This is no longer picking up any servers at all. Jesus H Christ fix this fucking game.

• @DDR:

Friend list feature still not working correctly.

Please post your Steam Community link and the names of your friends that aren’t showing up.

@RockandGrohl:

This is no longer picking up any servers at all. Jesus H Christ fix this fucking game.

It says retrieved 0 servers (are you waiting for it to finish)? If you’re not getting servers, it’s mine or Steam’s fault, not the game/devs.

• http://imgur.com/PjIdGVV,kn5batW,yUaWjei
    Not only does it not show anyone playing Chiv ever, it also doesn’t even show everyone on my friend list. As noted a few people simply aren’t listed, including a clan member.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/DDRMANIAC007/

• New release added - fixed the issue with friends playing Chivalry not displaying.

• Could someone please upload it to an alternate file host?
    Mediafire seems to let me download it, but it’s hanging at 29.3mb in any download manager I try to download it in.

Thanks,
    Maxxie.

• @LordMaxxie:

Could someone please upload it to an alternate file host?
    Mediafire seems to let me download it, but it’s hanging at 29.3mb in any download manager I try to download it in.

Thanks,
    Maxxie.

Which host do you prefer?

• New minor release. You should be able to overwrite the browserdb file with a recent one here to keep your favorites/history.

Changelog:

April 29, 2013
    -Added in support for the new naming convention of the official newbie servers for the "Official Servers only" filter.

• Thanks for the fix, but I just downloaded the latest version and whenever i try running it Java just gives me an error message saying:
    “Could not find the main class:
    com.tranek.chivalryserverbrowser.mainwindow. program will exit.”
    ?

• @Hideki5:

Thanks for the fix, but I just downloaded the latest version and whenever i try running it Java just gives me an error message saying:
    “Could not find the main class:
    com.tranek.chivalryserverbrowser.mainwindow. program will exit.”
    ?

Have any of the previous versions worked for you? Is your Java up to date? How are you trying to run it?

Is anyone else having this problem?

It works fine for me (fresh download from the link and all) :?