[MECH] Ducking (video)

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ExlVRF … e=youtu.be

another one, really pissed him off lol

• One technique that i use is the bear killer move.
    When you are being charged and he might have the timing or swing on his side, duck and backpaddle and make a high thrust, this works better with a long weapon.

• One I use OFTEN with ducking with 2h’s is while ducking, wind up for horizontal swing, by the time you look up, you’ve already slashed him.

• @Faytless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS5HhN6QOac&feature=youtu.be
    It is NOT a TUTORIAL VID, but simply showing how useful it can be!

Ducking, as said in the tool tip is a high risk, high gain maneuver that you can preform to out-wit anyone your challenging. Once you get the hang of how your opponet plays and his attack patterns, you can exploit it well by simply hitting CTRL and looking Down. I find that it helps to move in sort of a half circle motion, so your really moving around the sword and, you get the best angle when looking back up.

I’m not Keanu Reeves with the Mechanic, but if you watch the video you may be encourage to try it out!

This is interesting, I’ma practice this as a counter offense.

• I always duck. It’s SO useful.

• I tried ducking while swinging as a counter but it is not effective for me or I’m just doing it wrong I dunno. I always play as a vanguard, do I need to look down while ducking to completely dodge the enemy’s swing? it looks like ducking is suited for smaller class like MAA and archers.

• @BroodReaver:

I tried ducking while swinging as a counter but it is not effective for me or I’m just doing it wrong I dunno. I always play as a vanguard, do I need to look down while ducking to completely dodge the enemy’s swing? it looks like ducking is suited for smaller class like MAA and archers.

No I use it as a knight plenty. You need to wait until they have a good horizontal swing started so you can duck under it. Too early and they will follow you down. MAAs and archers are usually in your face and slashing at an angle so its harder to duck under their blows.

• As a Knight, I duck from time to time, but not too often for people to expect it…. 2 out of 3 times it works, the 3rd time is usually because I ducked too soon, but it does save you from a hit from time to time, and I usually end up being right behind them for a good slug to the back of their head.

• Ducking is a great move when used at the right time. Yes you need to look down as well as crouch most of the time just to be safe. I find that the duck is especially useful if you and your opponent have exchanged multiple blows already and it’s gotten to the point where it’s like, “really? , someones supposed to die here…” Then when he throws that wide slash then bam, duck and strike him. You can practice duck on the lmb spammers but killing them quickly is more efficient than risking duck often.

• amazing! i have to duck more often great way to save stamina and great video btw.