I Miss the Old Kick Speed

• It felt like a better addition to combat. It feels way to slow/clunky and I feel I could use that time to attack etc. I see the implementations of the stun for the shield users but seems to have lost a quick viable way to get someone off from hugging you.

What if TB made it where pressing the kick button worked like the old way without the shield stun and if held down you got the current kick with the shield stun?

• Well kick was useless back then, pretty much a big stamina drain for you only.
    Now kick seems to eliminate every shield user. Its easy to get someone to block position and kick.
    Its almost impossible not to react to such “kick” combos. Well I dont really care, I’m not a shield user, but this makes me win against shield users by 95%

I’ve found the stability/balance better back in the beta days

• Should be un-interruptable and a bit faster. This would also help stop face hugging. 2 birds one stone.

• Irrelivant whether it’s a good idea or not to kick during a fight, I feel the new kick lost its general purpose and became a anti shield user function. Before I used it to jitter someone’s momentum on me or allow me to get a moment’s respite from a person hugging me.

I never thought of it as a “oh I’m so gonna kick him and get the counter kill” but as a “back off! I’m not goin down just yet.” Plus those split second opportunities that come up that a swift kick would knock em over a ledge or into spikes. Now it’s all IMMA CHARGIN MY FOOT! and that moment is gone.

Regardless I’m not helpless and we all adapt, but just thought there could be some WD-40 in the leg joints of our kinsman’s armor.

• Man…94 views and so few comments. I’d like to hear more thoughts and opinions on it. I swear I put on deodorant (today) guys. :P

• The new kick doesn’t work of you are slightly above your opponent. Which is annoying.

• I don’t know why the devs touched kick/shield bash. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it provided a nice counter to face huggers and spammers. I mean, I had no problem with shield users before, as a nice feint could throw them off.

The devs are implementing the wrong solutions to non-existent problems. The recent patch is a public beta test.

• The kick has its faults pre-patch (mainly the height issues), but now it didn’t fix those and it made it much worse. Even on a plain piece of the map for some reason it doesn’t work a quarter of the times, aside from it feeling much slower than usual.

Since the latest patch I barely touched the kick, focussing on attacking or parrying is much and much more reliable now.

• I like the new kick speed.

You have to time it when the enemy are not face hugging you for it to do well with and you simply can’t just use it and get a free hit in when someones up in your grill.

• New kick made me sad :( If you trigger it in group fights expect to die. It’s _so slow and the Stamina costs are too high for me.
    _

Though, I’ll use whatever Torn Banner gives me, Kick is to useful regardless of its state atm. It’s just odd given that people rarely used kick, EVER. Yet it gets a gimp!

• @Yarnu:

New kick made me sad :( If you trigger it in group fights expect to die. It’s _so slow and the Stamina costs are too high for me.
    _

Though, I’ll use whatever Torn Banner gives me, Kick is to useful regardless of its state atm. It’s just odd given that people rarely used kick, EVER. Yet it gets a gimp!

I don’t feel as though it got gimped. I honestly like the new speed of it, I just jump into my kicks now for extra distance. I do agree that doing kicks in a group scenario, however is not a wise choice, as they did get a bit slow for that.

• @Anonymoose:

I don’t feel as though it got gimped. I honestly like the new speed of it, I just jump into my kicks now for extra distance. I do agree that doing kicks in a group scenario, however is not a wise choice, as they did get a bit slow for that.

They still fast enough to make me ditch my shield setup(guaranteed hits suck). But it’s a nice change I suppose. Breath a lot easier without a big hunk of metal in my face.

• @Magnificent:

The devs are implementing the wrong solutions to non-existent problems.

Not only that, but they added new problems like free hits and free stamina.

• @Magnificent:

The devs are implementing the wrong solutions to non-existent problems. The recent patch is a public beta test.

politicians are rubbing off on them.

• @Killorder:

Man…94 views and so few comments. I’d like to hear more thoughts and opinions on it. I swear I put on deodorant (today) guys. :P

Ok, here’s mine….

I don’t miss the old school kick because it was only a stamina drainer and you had no real ability to get a hit in before the target parried or blocked again. Now the kick has an actual use and even though it has a longer delay, nobody can see when you hit the key on your keyboard and by the time they do see the action of the kick, there isn’t enough time for them to react… at least in my experience.

And with the additional length of time for the stun, unless you have a really slow weapon, you have a 95% chance of getting at least one hit in.

The old kick system was just dumb… sure it was quick, but all it did was drain their stamina a bit more than your kick drains your own stamina… eventually leaving you both out of stamina and staring at each other grunting and groaning.

• I’d like kick to be fast and have the current stun (maybe even longer). Screw shields.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I’d like kick to be fast and have the current stun (maybe even longer). Screw shields.

I can see it now…. kick, slash… kick, slash… kick, slash… that’s all everybody would end up doing because it’d end up being the only viable tactic to ensure a kill.

Then it’d just be a match determined by who can kick the other first… though it’s kind of already like that now.

And I don’t get the issue people have with shields… parry seems to block better and covers a much larger area than what shields do. I swung at someone’s feet and they parried at torso level, yet still blocked my swing. Explain that to me. :?

• I liked the old kick much more, I use it 10% compared to prepatch and 50% of kicks I use I end up taking faster hit to my face. Also I dont remember when someone has succeeded to land kick on me either.

• Shieldwhore here. New kick is actually useful. Prior to this patch, I feared no kick. Absolutely non-essential and gained nothing besides the occasional environmental kill.

Now we have a tool to use against turtles (me). The only thing that needs fixing regarding kicks is the elevation issue.

• @Killorder:

It felt like a better addition to combat. It feels way to slow/clunky and I feel I could use that time to attack etc. I see the implementations of the stun for the shield users but seems to have lost a quick viable way to get someone off from hugging you.

What if TB made it where pressing the kick button worked like the old way without the shield stun and if held down you got the current kick with the shield stun?

Me too. I used it for so many things. The worst part is, this new kick was supposed to hit better up/down, and the patch fixed nothing (people can still jump a kick easy). But I still can’t aim my kick like I should, and certain factors stop even a perfect kick from registering.
    It was a great equalizer to counter lawn mowers, back pedallers, and people running away from many enemies (many more). They don’t need this retarded shield stun either, if they had just made it slightly longer from a raised shield, it would’ve been way better.

But the truth is, in real life, a knight can simply block a kick, or nudge his shield at the kicker and put the kicker off balance. I think the real way shields should be countered is to wear them out. Kicking was a good way to punish a knight who feinted too much, or missed, or whatever by draining the shit outta their stamina. So what if they can block a kick, but it drains a lot of stamina, and they obviously can’t trade. Thoughts?