Realism of screaming upon death

• Hello people.
    I just wanted to know if you people are also sometimes a bit bothered by the dead sound.

Let get back to a basic experience. You fight and hack throught the enemy lines, until that not much thing to say but suddenly? He start making a very strange like he if he was crying (unfortunately i didn’t registered )
    Fuck that are suppose to be manly warriors not cry baby.

Another case is when you are focus on the combat and suddenly, one of the killed people start to Scream out of loud " YAAAAARRRRRAARRRGLLLL" for several seconds instead of the usual “Haaa-Oh Arrglle”"

It’s more bothersome that even the fireburning sound, which is decent since it’s kinda get in the mood ( and fire hurt a lot i guess).
    But is it realistic that people who are on dying are crying ultra-loud when are probably fading out already due to lack of strengh and blood ?

Ps : Do you know if we can extract the sound from the game, like music and such and how ? It’s for personal use ?

• I think its okay as it is. I think its totally normal to cry like a little baby when you recive life threatening wounds.

I am more bothered by the fact, that your eyes are still blinking when your head is allready chopped off.^^

• @aldric:

are suppose to be manly warriors not cry baby.

“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face.”

? Mike Tyson

You never know how you will act, until you are faced with it. In this case, you only face it once. Also this game has a little comical side to it, so it fits in my opinion.

• Concerning head, i’m quite sure that soon after the blood flow is over the brain died. In less than a minute if i remember.

The comical side you mean black humour ? In the pathetical side of dead ?

• @aldric:

Concerning head, i’m quite sure that soon after the blood flow is over the brain died. In less than a minute if i remember.

The comical side you mean black humour ? In the pathetical side of dead ?

The over the top screaming, coupled with the ridiculous taunts, and how limbs pop off in a not so realistic way. The game has two sides to it, and you can see either, without one messing up the other. It is possible just to get lost in the grit of the combat, but when played more lightheartedly you get a sense of the “lol” part.

(The death blood gargling is the opposite of the over the top screaming. I find this to be the serious counter to the loud shrieking screams. And disturbing at some points.)

• The gargling of blood when shot in the neck is absolutely FANTASTIC. I’ve known a lot of people say they immediately bought the game upon seeing this.

I remember the first time I played, seeing people get cut up left and right, making horrifying sounds as they’re killed, really helped the immersion.

• @BobT36:

The gargling of blood when shot in the neck is absolutely FANTASTIC. I’ve known a lot of people say they immediately bought the game upon seeing this.

I remember the first time I played, seeing people get cut up left and right, making horrifying sounds as they’re killed, really helped the immersion.

Mind you, your character will still death gargle if you are killed by a bolt through the boot. :?

• @BobT36:

The gargling of blood when shot in the neck is absolutely FANTASTIC. I’ve known a lot of people say they immediately bought the game upon seeing this.

I am one of them. Even after 4 months I still think that this piece of sound and animation is the most awesome thing this game does :D

Aside from that awesome piece of sound, the rest is fine as it is. The game makes you feel part of a hollywood blockbuster (a good one, however rare they are these days) and the screaming fits perfectly for this purpose.

If its completely quiet it would subtract from the awesome atmosphere I think.

• @DokB:

@BobT36:

Mind you, your character will still death gargle if you are killed by a bolt through the boot. :?

HAHAHA really? As in the actual blood gargling in the throat sound?

Not the Mason MAA who makes a bit of a rawgleglelge sound when he’s killed sometimes.

• @BobT36:

@DokB:

@BobT36:

HAHAHA really? As in the actual blood gargling in the throat sound?

Not the Mason MAA who makes a bit of a rawgleglelge sound when he’s killed sometimes.

Yeah I saw an Agathian MaA on hillside take a crossbow bolt through his shin when he was hiding behind his kite shield. He did the death gurgle so I think it’s just a generic death_by_projectile.mp3

• @aldric:

What an extremely ignorant statement, what are you? 9 years old? Hell, when I was 9 years old I am pretty sure I realized what the horrors of war was and what effects it can have on even the strongest of people.

• Developer

@BobT36:

I you are referring to the sound I think you are referring to, thats the sound of me dry heaving from shouting regular vo lines during recording session. They were completely involuntary but so deliciously mortal and violent, I had to make use of it. XD

• @sir_loin:

@BobT36:

I you are referring to the sound I think you are referring to, thats the sound of me dry heaving from shouting regular vo lines during recording session. They were completely involuntary but so deliciously mortal and violent, I had to make use of it. XD

I think Sir Loin is my favorite dev :D

• If you have your ragdoll length up really high, the screams from a firepot victim go on FOREVER and ever… and ever…

• @Matti:

If you have your ragdoll length up really high, the screams from a firepot victim go on FOREVER and ever… and ever…

Worse is when a bunch of people die from boiling oil and they scream forever all in harmony.

I cut off their heads but I can’t stop the screaming.

They

wont

stop

screaming

:o

• @aldric:

Hello people.
    I just wanted to know if you people are also sometimes a bit bothered by the dead sound.

Let get back to a basic experience. You fight and hack throught the enemy lines, until that not much thing to say but suddenly? He start making a very strange like he if he was crying (unfortunately i didn’t registered )

Another case is when you are focus on the combat and suddenly, one of the killed people start to Scream out of loud " YAAAAARRRRRAARRRGLLLL" for several seconds instead of the usual “Haaa-Oh Arrglle”"

It’s more bothersome that even the fireburning sound, which is decent since it’s kinda get in the mood ( and fire hurt a lot i guess).
    But is it realistic that people who are on dying are crying ultra-loud when are probably fading out already due to lack of strengh and blood ?

No matter how many battles you’ve been in, no matter how many people you may have killed…. nobody has any experience in death and what goes on when you are actually dying… when you have your limbs lopped off or have half your innards hanging out of your stomach from an axe wound (want a band aid for that?) you know that you’re not going to be leaving that battlefield alive and death is coming very quickly.

Panic sets in, mortality is looking you right in the eyes, the unknown is neigh…… this is the time where you feel crap sift through your chain mail from sh*tting yourself in complete panic…

You smell that Mr. Anderson?.. That is the smell of inevitability… It is the smell of your death… Goodbye, Mr. Anderson.

P.S.

That was a difficult post to understand.

• The death sounds really are realistic, not to mention probably my single favorite part of the game. If anything, there would be FAR more screaming on a medieval battlefield, as the majority of wounded wouldn’t die of their wounds within seconds, but would linger in agony while the battle continued above them. Trust me, it’s harder than you might think to kill someone outright by stabbing them in the torso, especially if you’re tired and they’re wearing armor.

• @AutomaticJack:

The death sounds really are realistic, not to mention probably my single favorite part of the game. If anything, there would be FAR more screaming on a medieval battlefield, as the majority of wounded wouldn’t die of their wounds within seconds, but would linger in agony while the battle continued above them. Trust me, it’s harder than you might think to kill someone outright by stabbing them in the torso, especially if you’re tired and they’re wearing armor.

This is actually what they did in red orchestra 2. The characters would not always die instantly (death was more ‘out-of-action’) and therefore wounded characters kept screaming and making those moaning sounds. Was really awesome.

Would almost be as awesome as the ‘arrow-to-neck gargling sound’

• @sir_loin:

@BobT36:

LOL! That’s insane. XD

Basically the sound at about 7 secs into this: V1B9sHBbyhs

BTW Loin you REALLY need to video record one or two of your VO sessions. Seeing you guys shouting Chivalry lines down a mic would be fantastic. They fit SO well in the game, but it’s hard to imagine you guys sat in a room going “HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” etc. XD

• @NIB:

I think its okay as it is. I think its totally normal to cry like a little baby when you recive life threatening wounds.

I am more bothered by the fact, that your eyes are still blinking when your head is allready chopped off.^^

No it was document in medieval times that for up to 9-10seconds after being decapitated peoples eyes would still seek people about them.

You don’t always cry when you die. I think it depends if a limb got chopped off (other then your head) or whether you got attacked about the ankles by a MAA (that makes me cry). There’s plenty of times when you get bludgeoned and the character just gurgles and groans instead.