Chivalry needs something

• Once at a healthy 5-8k players on steam stats, is now a 3-5k daily cap.

At free weekend there was 20k players online, but after only 1-2k people stayed from the 12-13k players.

Do you guys wonder why?

I think it is because the game lacks things that Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 has.

Counter Strike - eSports, clans, scrims, healthy competition
    Team Fortress 2 - lots and lots of hats and some aspects of competition

Since Chivalry is amongst this category, please implement things that CS and TF2 has.

Chivalry can also add cosmetic things and promote clans and tournaments.
    The main reason why dota 2 and LoL is so big is because they spend thousands of dollars promoting their own tournaments.

You must invest money to make money.

• Several things may cause people leave.

1. There is nothing more to unlock after you unlock the weapons and the 4 helmets.
    2. They just don’t like the game.
    3. The game has a lot of stuff that needs to be fixed and they are not patient enough.
    4. The patch/update/hotfix takes too long to be released.
    5. They want to kill people without effort.
    6. The competitive aspect is not famous enough for big tournaments. (Compared to other games)
    7. They don’t want to spend the amount of hours it takes to learn how to play the game properly.
    8. The game is not very well optimized.

• I’ve said this in another thread but I’ll say it again. I just think the current tools don’t support competitive play well enough. There is no guild functionality and no incentive to be in a guild (so communities don’t build). It’s also way too hard to get into competitive play if you aren’t in like one of 5 guilds (e.g. vanquish, kviii or int). The game needs the tools to support competitive play (e.g. premade match matching / ladders).

• @Mystikkal:

I’ve said this in another thread but I’ll say it again. I just think the current tools don’t support competitive play well enough. There is no guild functionality and no incentive to be in a guild (so communities don’t build). It’s also way too hard to get into competitive play if you aren’t in like one of 5 guilds (e.g. vanquish, kviii or int). The game needs the tools to support competitive play (e.g. match matching / ladders).

Well these things take time for a small developer to build. Sorry to sound like a grandfather here, but kids these days are used to getting so much free multiplayer social feature crap slapped around their ears, usually crapped out by some 100-200 member studio that can simply tank this stuff within a few months and patch it later on. Now everyone expects an “official” slap on the back whenever they stick their blade into someone or even - oh my, do a headshot.
    In my opionion people who look for these things have no idea what a clan and competitive play is about. You can have fame and glory without manipulatable centralized rosters. Also not having those features has the advantage of keeping the toxic egomaniacs and their zombie horde of followers out.

• More official servers!

• holidays ended and i dont have enough time for gaming.

• I already told u this would happen.

• @carrion:

@Mystikkal:

I’ve said this in another thread but I’ll say it again. I just think the current tools don’t support competitive play well enough. There is no guild functionality and no incentive to be in a guild (so communities don’t build). It’s also way too hard to get into competitive play if you aren’t in like one of 5 guilds (e.g. vanquish, kviii or int). The game needs the tools to support competitive play (e.g. match matching / ladders).

Well these things take time for a small developer to build. Sorry to sound like a grandfather here, but kids these days are used to getting so much free multiplayer social feature crap slapped around their ears, usually crapped out by some 100-200 member studio that can simply tank this stuff within a few months and patch it later on. Now everyone expects an “official” slap on the back whenever they stick their blade into someone or even - oh my, do a headshot.
    In my opionion people who look for these things have no idea what a clan and competitive play is about. You can have fame and glory without manipulatable centralized rosters. Also not having those features has the advantage of keeping the toxic egomaniacs and their zombie horde of followers out.

Your thoughts were kind of all over the place, so I’m not really sure how to respond, but here are my thoughts:

• I’m not a kid
    • I don’t expect those features to come overnight, but I was pointing them out as what I believe “is missing from the game”. The point of the thread?
    • Many games coming out these days lack progression, and for good reason. People already have jobs and don’t want to spend countless hours grinding. Providing a competitive platform alleviates some of the lack of progression. Competition and ladder rank becomes your progression.
    • Please explain to me what competitive play is? Seems to me balanced matches in a ladder system is competitive play.
    • Most competitive gamers are egomaniacs - you want to limit competitive play just so egomaniacs have no desire to play? hate to break it 2 you, but that wont just limit the number of egomaniacs in the game - it will limit the overall population

• @seriously:

Once at a healthy 5-8k players on steam stats, is now a 3-5k daily cap.

At free weekend there was 20k players online, but after only 1-2k people stayed from the 12-13k players.

Do you guys wonder why?

I think it is because the game lacks things that Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 has.

Counter Strike - eSports, clans, scrims, healthy competition
    Team Fortress 2 - lots and lots of hats and some aspects of competition

Since Chivalry is amongst this category, please implement things that CS and TF2 has.

Chivalry can also add cosmetic things and promote clans and tournaments.
    The main reason why dota 2 and LoL is so big is because they spend thousands of dollars promoting their own tournaments.

You must invest money to make money.

This post was made on a weekday night and Valentine’s Day. Not all gamers are single. Weekends are usually when the servers are hoppin’.

• @remix’s remarks

http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action= … 1358315541

That is the past month’s numbers, since the free weekend (~23k players) it has been dropping down to ~3-5k now.

If you check the stats before the free weekend it was ~3-5k and now back to the same ~3-5k.

I am not trying to argue or debate with you, I think the game needs something to build a stronger player base.

I was just wondering if anyone ever notice this, and maybe there is something wrong that out of the 23k players that tried it, and the people who bought it, they don’t seem to be very interested in continue playing it.

It could be the fact that there are so many good games out there now. But Chivalry wants to be competitive in the gaming market, correct? If so, they need to market the game better, and add some sort of “progression”, could be working toward helmets, etc. I know I had a fun time unlocking the veteran helmets.

Thank you all for your feedbacks.

• It’s already GG for Chivalry.

They’ve had two over 3 major sales at a discounted price.

The 1st sale I remember I made a post telling them to release a content update or start losing players later. They failed to do so. (Playercount started dwindling within a few days)

And then they failed to do so for the next 3-4 sales.

The free weekand happened before the CU……TB could of released it at any time. Instead they let the masses play for the most part an unpolished game. Assuming 10-20k players tried the game during this time and maybe 8k actually bought the game compare that to the numbers now.

Now the playerbase is dwindling no shit.

• @MUSASHI:

Now the playerbase is dwindling no shit.

Then sales must be good if it kept 3-5k steady while all the kiddies went back to school.