The best game ever?

• Imagine this:

The combat mechanics of Chivalry combined with the MMORPG aspects of (pre-AoS) Ultima Online. If that were made into a game, I would probably have to give up whatever real life I have left. :P

• @Reubot:

Imagine this:

The combat mechanics of Chivalry combined with the MMORPG aspects of (pre-AoS) Ultima Online. If that were made into a game, I would probably have to give up whatever real life I have left. :P

Club Penguin has the best combat of any game I have ever played.

• I don’t really think that Chivalry’s fast-paced brutal combat would suit MMO’s, where you’re usually just sat grinding away, repetetively……

Imagine a half-hour long boss-fight with Chiv’s combat? Bleh.

Don’t get me wrong I LOVE Chiv’s combat, but I think it suits the game it IS. It would be alright for a single-player one with some more moves added but, certainly not an MMO. It would be fun at first but after grinding the 200th dumb AI kill to get enough wild boar arses, or after scraping down the millionth boss hp point, I’d be pretty tired…

Also Chiv combat works well with human vs human, using similar weapons and combat styles. Wouldn’t work so good with the variety of enemies that MMOs need to have.

• Chivalry’s [tweaked] first-person combat and gore + Mount and Blade.

T’would be so good …

• You guys really have no imagination at all.

A MMO has a lot of potential and all you can think about is killing 200 rats with the Zweihänder…
    An MMO simply means you play it with a lot of guys, there doesn’t even need to be any AI in it. Not every MMO is a WoW clone.

Of course it’s not realistic that it will be made (but that was not really the point of the OP, I think), but I can definitely imagine a huge battleground with 200 people swinging away at each other. Imagine doing the first objective of Citadel with 200 people? Would be too small a map, but just imagining 200 rats of lvl 1 is very restricted thinking.

I don’t know whether other melee systems are better suited for really massive battles. However it would still be awesome.

• Well, yeah a MMO-Chiv would be fun. HUGE battlefields, fuckloads of siege stuff, etc.

A bit ambitious though, considering they’ve only just got it working with <100 players. :P

• @Slaughtervomit:

Club Penguin has the best combat of any game I have ever played.

Nah, the recent update ruined it all.

• @BobT36:

Well, yeah a MMO-Chiv would be fun. HUGE battlefields, fuckloads of siege stuff, etc.

A bit ambitious though, considering they’ve only just got it working with <100 players. :P

Plus the chances of it going “Pay to Play” and having some idiotic monthly subscription in order to keep playing a game you already paid for would be dumb.

It’s why I don’t play those games in the first place…. you pay for the purchase, then end up having to pay more in order to keep playing it… that’s how most of those kinds of games work… and I simply don’t have the money to waste on such things.

I would love to play Star Trek Online, even though it’s free at the start, as is WoW these days, they’ll suck you in and start to milk you for every penny soon enough.

MMORPG’s are the DEVIL!!!

• Chivalry: Medieval Warfare + Planetside 2 = ?

• Best game ever. Starsiege Tribes given all new graphics in a brand new engine. BUT, it is made by the original developers, and not some crapp #$@ team named Hi-Rez. That would be the best game ever, and the only game if released tomorrow would cause me to quit Chiv… A man can dream…

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@BobT36:

Well, yeah a MMO-Chiv would be fun. HUGE battlefields, fuckloads of siege stuff, etc.

Plus the chances of it going “Pay to Play” and having some idiotic monthly subscription in order to keep playing a game you already paid for would be dumb.

It’s why I don’t play those games in the first place…. you pay for the purchase, then end up having to pay more in order to keep playing it… that’s how most of those kinds of games work… and I simply don’t have the money to waste on such things.

I would love to play Star Trek Online, even though it’s free at the start, as is WoW these days, they’ll suck you in and start to milk you for every penny soon enough.

MMORPG’s are the DEVIL!!!

Pay2play MMO’s are a dying breed. More & more are going B2P or F2P with Cash shop.
    They’ll suck you inn? Probably. MMO’s are usually more then simple video games. Some actually are different universes.

• What really bugs me about most MMOs is that they introduce you to a class system, you pick one and master it, then they completely overhaul it and force you to relearn it. Anyone who argues about this happening usually gets a reply like “if the game stayed the same all the time, it would get boring.” This is true, but why overhaul how your chosen class plays out? Why not simply add more content elsewhere? I don’t understand MMO devs…

• lot of mmorpg lack of imagination, and yes, as soon as it start with “go there to kill 10 giant rats” quest, i never really continue… I really like full loot PVP games like wurm online. It’s a bit sad that the combat systemm in it is pretty boring.

There was also cRPG (Warband mod) and strategus, a web app where you could move and gather people to capture castles and town.

Internet nation just need a network genious, or a fix to make this cool game we re all waiting :)

• I hate mmo’s, terrible idea, please be more original, for a moment there you sounded like an EA exec talking about KOTOR 3 cough* SWTOR.

Stop taking good games and IP’s turning them into MMO garbage, please.

• @Reubot:

Imagine this:

Yes OP, i too had thought of this.
    Indeed it would be good.
    What OP is mentioning is very specific, you should not criticise something if you don’t understand what the topic is. Ultima Online (the pre AoS part) was the first and best MMO ever, the subsequent AoS part is what happened after EA got their hands on the developers. There after proceeded what you know today and the disbanding of the developers that made UO. UO being the 8th game in the series, the 9th not being fully completed (released early be EA) and the 10th never being released despite the fact that it would have changed the face of MMO’s as you understand them.

• @giantyak:

@Reubot:

Imagine this:

Yes OP, i too had thought of this.
    Indeed it would be good.
    What OP is mentioning is very specific, you should not criticise something if you don’t understand what the topic is. Ultima Online (the pre AoS part) was the first and best MMO ever, the subsequent AoS part is what happened after EA got their hands on the developers. There after proceeded what you know today and the disbanding of the developers that made UO. UO being the 8th game in the series, the 9th not being fully completed (released early be EA) and the 10th never being released despite the fact that it would have changed the face of MMO’s as you understand them.

UO was original, there was nothing like it out there even close to a sandbox style MMO. But eventually the 2d technology got outdated and with todays MMOs they just cant handle the level of customization UO had. Everquest reigned supreme for a time and then all the other MMOs came out.

I was looking forward to GW2 which was supposed to have good PvP.

But I agree innovation seems dead and GW2 PvP is pathetic compared to PvP here.

Maybe if we can connect all our servers together, 100 of us create 100 maps each, plus 100 of us create 100 RPG features each then we can have a MMO :-)

• Chivalry combat + ultima online world + day z survival aspect mmo would destroy my life, I would forget to eat and sleep.

• @DaciaJC:

Chivalry’s [tweaked] first-person combat and gore + Mount and Blade.

T’would be so good …

Nothing about Mount and Blade is good except the first person archer mechanics. The melee combat in that game is soooooooo bad.