Do you run?

• Guys, do you run during fights? I mean when you duel, do you trigger your run button to quickly close up and slash?

• Yep, a lot do it with the speed hack slightly turned up.

• I dont care about cheaters. I want to know if casual players do this.

• Yes.

Sprint at them then back off a bit just before you reach weapon range, psyche them into swinging early but make sure to conserve your stamina once its reached the halfway point.

That, or simply just toggle on/off your speedhack.

• Why ofcourse, how am I supposed to close in on a vanguard without running (without using dodge)?
    Good way to preserve stamina.

• I run all the time. Usually away.

• Yup, I never move forward in a duel without sprinting. Unless I am baiting with fancy, slow footwork.

• I dance when I fight.

• @Matti:

I dance when I fight.

capoeira, baby!

• @SlyGoat:

I run all the time. Usually away.

You’re my favourite type of person.

I normally sidestep and then sprint forward if I’m stabbed at by a Vanguard pole. Most people don’t change their aim last second, it seems.

• Have2
    MAA

• @Flukester:

Yep, a lot do it with the speed hack slightly turned up.

You can get chase speed bonus even if someone is facing you, depending on distance between the two, so that’s probably what you’re seeing.

• @ChuckingIt:

Yup, I never move forward in a duel without sprinting. Unless I am baiting with fancy, slow footwork.

How do you manage to do this? Do you hold default SHIFT or use toggle mode? I find this quite unconfortable to close up with W + AD corrections, choosing right swing at the right time, maybe feint it AND on top of that hold SHIFT at the same time. Of course all that being ready to cancel my actions and parry/block incoming counterattack. This is damn too much!

• Use it to abuse whiffs.

• @Sir:

@ChuckingIt:

Yup, I never move forward in a duel without sprinting. Unless I am baiting with fancy, slow footwork.

How do you manage to do this? Do you hold default SHIFT or use toggle mode? I find this quite unconfortable to close up with W + AD corrections, choosing right swing at the right time, maybe feint it AND on top of that hold SHIFT at the same time. Of course all that being ready to cancel my actions and parry/block incoming counterattack. This is damn too much!

I use push to run. I never got comfortable with toggle sprint. And keep in mind I have 400 hours on this game, so my key pressing happens without me thinking about it. I recommend practicing on your footwork then worry about which attack to use when. Practice just doing stabs with excellent footwork, then build to combos and trickier stuff.

• If you’re trying to combo without sprint activated, good luck doing anything but feinting like a noob.

• Its all about the speedhack nowadays.

Sad.

• @Sir:

@ChuckingIt:

I was the same at the start, its all practice - eventually your fingers will get used to it. I’ve advanced onto crouches now which are pretty awesome.

• @ChuckingIt:

Sometime’s you just gotta strut.

• @ChuckingIt:

I am baiting with fancy, slow footwork.

Nice to know you’re into that kind of stuff, me too ;]