Thx for bringing back fav class Knight with Flail!

• So according to the devs Q & A, they’re bringing back my epic flail from AoC. Thank you!!!

Will the 360 attack be similar to the one in AoC? I hope so, I always enjoyed hitting people by spinning the other direction, it never seemed normal but was very effective. I hope you guys bring back very similar attacks, it was a very skillful class because if you missed you’d lose a lot of stamina and the right click range was short so timing was crucial.

• I used knight with flail extensively as well but once you get the hang of it is isn’t hard to use it at all and hear is why: In Aoc the flail overhead was so dam fast that you couldn’t parry it,you basically had to ANTICIPATE when your opponent is going to attack, in CMW, you can actually see when your opponent’s attack came at you and so the parry is based more on aiming your camera in the direction the flail is coming from rather than just parrying by instinct.

• It was harder than all the other classes IMO, I didn’t find as much challenge in either Man at arm’s quick stabs, heavy knight’s 1 hit kill, crusader slash spamming. Sergeant was fun too but many hits often looked off sync. Of course this is all in the old game which I loved and played for 3 years lol and surely can only get better with CMW.

Now I’m not saying I didn’t enjoy the other classes too, because that’s what made AoC so amazing, all the different classes and fighting techniques based on reaction, but killing with Knight was just more satisfying to me. The thing about the 360 was that it was more of a defensive mechanism and good players could definitely block it. If you get blocked you lose like half or your stamina, so you really could only use it to finish off players or defensively if you had multiple people coming at you. It also didn’t do as much damage as the right click but took like twice as much stamina, so the balance was done with the huge amount of stamina that it required. The closer an enemy was, the easier it was to use it, as it should be, it’s to keep them away.

• @x:

It was harder than all the other classes IMO, I didn’t find as much challenge in either Man at arm’s quick stabs, heavy knight’s 1 hit kill, crusader slash spamming. Sergeant was fun too but many hits often looked off sync. Of course this is all in the old game which I loved and played for 3 years lol and surely can only get better with CMW.

What about the javelineer master class?

• I consider that more range, I was referring to 100% melee classes, the Jav was definitely fun for melee though.

• I don’t think the flail will be the same as it was in AoC - if it were just another weapon that functioned similar to the existing melee weapons, it definitely would’ve been included in the initial set of weapons, because every other weapon from the original AoC (except for the double daggers, but they were kinda silly) made it in, even the smoke pot which was removed from AoC because it was buggy and only used to grief. Tibbs also said at some point that the flail wasn’t included initially because they wanted to make it as awesome as possible. So this to me implies the flail, when released, will be different from any other melee weapon, and have more true flail mechanics, like the ability to fold over blocks and parries if you block the chain instead of the ball, and/or the ability to be wound up to generate momentum before release and make your attacks less predictable.