Crouching Stamina Regen Boost

• Crouching does not pause stamina regen (it increases to 1.6 stamina per second).

Why do the devs want to nerf stamina costs in certain parts of the game, while at the same time putting in safety nets for players with poor stamina management?

I’ve seen and abused this ridiculous feature too many times. Please get rid of it.

Edit:
    Changed subject to clarify argument.

• Yeah I feel a little cheap when using this, especially during duels. Honestly, I’m not being a disrespectful jerk and making tea-bagging gestures at you - I’m regenerating my stamina!

A consequence of adding this feature is that it creates a huge incentive for me to run away mid-fight and crouch. I’d agree that it doesn’t really improve the combat, though I don’t think it harms it enough for me to feel strongly.

• Hi. Could you explain how one might abuse this feature? In my experience people don’t recover stamina if I continually bash them in the face.

In all seriousness, I find this change very good. First of all, why should anyone not regain stamina while crouched? Second, it makes for a very nice way for duellers to recover stamina quickly in a fight instead of backing off for 20 seconds, allowing any damage dealt to be reversed.

• @NabsterHax:

In my experience people don’t recover stamina if I continually bash them in the face.

loool.

• I regain stamina by sitting on the couch. This is very similar to crouching down.

• @NabsterHax:

First of all, why should anyone not regain stamina while crouched?

Crouching isn’t a rest position.

@NabsterHax:

Second, it makes for a very nice way for duellers to recover stamina quickly

That’s the problem. Not just in duels, but in general.

• @Genocide:

@NabsterHax:

First of all, why should anyone not regain stamina while crouched?

Crouching isn’t a rest position.

@NabsterHax:

Second, it makes for a very nice way for duellers to recover stamina quickly

That’s the problem. Not just in duels, but in general.

Crouching isn’t a rest position? I don’t understand. Is this a realism argument? How would it be unbalanced for players out of combat to recover stamina while crouching?

In general it makes the game more fast paced, and gives a reason for using the option of backing out of a fight if you have an opportunity and need to recover. It only adds speed and complexity to the game which as far as I’m concerned is a good thing.

• Why should you not be allowed to regenerate stamina whilst crouched? You are able to regain health when crouched (even before the patch) so why should crouching stop your stamina regen?

It always frustrated me to no end when I was forced to crouch behind low cover to avoid archer fire but I get penalised by having my stamina bar stay still.

Whether or not stamina regen should be faster when crouching is a different issue though. In 1v1 situations or duel mode it can actually help to prolong fights as it allows exhausted players a quicker recovery. I like it.

Just remember though, you do move slower backpedalling whilst crouched than standing.

• @NabsterHax:

Crouching isn’t a rest position? I don’t understand. Is this a realism argument?

I should of been clearer what I meant. Crouching should not BOOST stamina regen.

@NabsterHax:

How would it be unbalanced for players out of combat to recover stamina while crouching?

The problem is people are doing it in combat to abuse the faster stamina regen. Its not that hard to start crouching when two players squaring off respect eachother’s skill.

• i have been fighting with this issues for the past week and a half on the fact the stamina bar is just so broken that people can still do full combo’s dodge etc and still have 0 stamina i hope this message goes threw on just how broken the stamina bar is and how people need to be punished more for just running around swinning for the fences and constantly missing attacks and still pushing into people’s faces and to think that oh if you just hit them once its fine how when there is so many ways to cheat the stamina bar like this to quickly gain enough to do a dodge or a 2 combo attack

• @Genocide:

The problem is people are doing it in combat to abuse the faster stamina regen. Its not that hard to start crouching when two players squaring off respect eachother’s skill.

If you so desperately want to keep your enemy’s stamina down then attack him. Simple.

• @NabsterHax:

@Genocide:

If you so desperately want to keep your enemy’s stamina down then attack him. Simple.

thats not the point the issue here that has been pointed out number of times including my post is the stamina bar isnt been used correctly at all and not to mention you can stand back for 1 sec and get half your stamina back which does not make sense what so ever

• I feel it was fine when crouching stopped stamina regeneration. Same regeneration as standing? Eh. Boosted regen? This was jarring to me, and I cannot see any reason why this was a positive change.

The primary reason why this was a negative change is the fact crouching is a defensive maneuver. Crouching makes you a smaller target, especially against projectiles. It allows you to take cover behind obstacles.

Even if it wasn’t a negative change, I see no reason why the change was necessary in the first place. It just doesn’t make any gameplay sense.

I’d like to see people argue why this change is a good idea, as though it hasn’t been implemented yet. I haven’t seen any convincing arguments as to why this should be in the game. What does this add to the game? What does it fix?

• @NikolaiLev:

I feel it was fine when crouching stopped stamina regeneration. Same regeneration as standing? Eh. Boosted regen? This was jarring to me, and I cannot see any reason why this was a positive change.

The primary reason why this was a negative change is the fact crouching is a defensive maneuver. Crouching makes you a smaller target, especially against projectiles. It allows you to take cover behind obstacles.

Even if it wasn’t a negative change, I see no reason why the change was necessary in the first place. It just doesn’t make any gameplay sense.

I’d like to see people argue why this change is a good idea, as though it hasn’t been implemented yet. I haven’t seen any convincing arguments as to why this should be in the game.

I disagree with not allowing stamina regen while crouching and I feel you are overestimating a couple of the ‘advantages’ of crouching. From a gameplay perspective it made much less sense for crouching to stop your stamina regen especially since you could still regen health while doing so pre-patch (and still can).

Given typical human reaction time and the brief duration of the animated transition from standing to crouch, crouching to avoid attacks only works, to some extent, against slashes and with weapons that are below a certain speed threshold. Even then, this ‘defensive maneuver’ isn’t a reliable tactic and rarely works against skilled players.

Yes, lookdown crouches lets you hide behind very small cover but you cannot sprint whilst crouched and its movement speed is even slower than walking - there isn’t sufficient justification to penalize crouching by restricting stamina regen.
    The restricted movement speed is also a reason why most players do not rely on crouching to avoid projectile attacks as speed is more important. It’s safer to zig zag and jump rather than crouch.
    Also, if you have sufficient time to react to an incoming projectile, it’s better to sprint out of the way.

@NikolaiLev:

What does this add to the game? What does it fix?

Not a fan of the way these questions frame an argument. What did it remove from the game then? What did it break then?

Most players were annoyed with the lack of crouching stamina regen pre-patch.
    Whether or not stamina regenerates when crouching isn’t the issue here, it’s how fast it should regenerate. At the very least it should be equal to standing although I would disagree against not making it even slightly faster.