Sound trouble when using Ventrilo.

• So I’m running Chivalry on an Hp Envy 17 laptop and am having sound issues when using the voice chat program ventrilo with the game. I’m trying to use my headphones to hear both the game and ventrilo but once I begin using ventrilo, chivalry starts to play out of my speakers. Ventrilo on the other hand plays just fine through my headphones. I’ve tried tweaking the sound settings in control panel and on ventrilo but to no avail. Maybe someone has had a similar issue and figured it out… ?

• Does it happen for any other game too?

• Yeah, I just tried out left4dead 2 and the same thing happens. Chivalry must not be the problem… but if anybody has any ideas to help me out…? I read some tech forums about this issue but haven’t come up with anything useful yet. :)

• @thebutcher:

Yeah, I just tried out left4dead 2 and the same thing happens. Chivalry must not be the problem… but if anybody has any ideas to help me out…? I read some tech forums about this issue but haven’t come up with anything useful yet. :)

I have no insights, sorry. I don’t use Ventrilo. :(

• I was able to fix this issue by posting for help on the official ventrilo forum board.