Stop sprinting with turn

• Is it intentional that if you change directions too fast with your mouse that you stop sprinting? I’ve identified this as the cause of my mysterious “I’m not sprinting anymore, huh” problems.

• Yes.

• @Daiyuki:

Is it intentional that if you change directions too fast with your mouse that you stop sprinting? I’ve identified this as the cause of my mysterious “I’m not sprinting anymore, huh” problems.

I can understand why this mechanic is in place. A lot of people could easily just pick a weapon with long reach and kite opponents by doing instant 180 turns after an attack, without losing sprint, thus avoiding any kind of retaliation or counter-attacks when their opponent successfully parries/blocks.

• @Sir:

@Daiyuki:

Is it intentional that if you change directions too fast with your mouse that you stop sprinting? I’ve identified this as the cause of my mysterious “I’m not sprinting anymore, huh” problems.

I can understand why this mechanic is in place. A lot of people could easily just pick a weapon with long reach and kite opponents by doing instant 180 turns after an attack, without losing sprint, thus avoiding any kind of retaliation or counter-attacks when their opponent successfully parries/blocks.

There was a .gif someone made of this in Age of Chivalry that explained the situation pretty well, wish I could find it :(

Basically it was really dumb.

• @Sir:

@Daiyuki:

I figured you would lose sprint when they blocked, not just because you turned.

I raise the issue because it happens on snap-blocks, i.e. very rapidly turning wide to one side to block an attack. It’s annoying as hell to not know whether or not I turned far enough/fast enough to suddenly lose my sprint for the counterattack, but yes I see the issue that it is in place for.

Making sprint re-engage at the first available moment simply by holding down Shift would alleviate the frustration as has been suggested around here before.