Duel Mode - Emotes/Animation Suggestions

• I’m picturing Duel mode similar to Jedi Knight/Academy games where it’s a toggle you can turn on and off in the middle of a DM or TDM match, making you invincible to attacks outside the duel if the duel request is accepted. You can always do the classic 1v1 arenas with challengers queued spectating. but better than that would be to have several parallel 1v1 arenas running on separate spawn queues just using your large team objective maps all split up into 4 or 5 arenas. That way you could have a good 20 people on a server spread across a few queues and diverse environments.

One of the most immersive things in Jedi Knight/Academy duels were the emotes and or non-combat animations you could do when facing up to your opponent before the fight; always good for a laugh. I think you could do a few good ones for CMW letting people either be respectful or snarky. Here’s a few iconic ones:

Throw this one at the spectators after a two or three decaps in a row:

Kneeling with a two-hander (respectful or ceremonial):

Or inspirations from 70s and 80s fantasy/sci-fi covers:

• Does the conan emote come with an 80’s actress to kneel at your feet?

• @Strudel:

Does the conan emote come with an 80’s actress to kneel at your feet?

Could do that or just make her pose the one for the little girly-men archer class.

• @Secundus:

I’m picturing Duel mode similar to Jedi Knight/Academy games where it’s a toggle you can turn on and off in the middle of a DM or TDM match, making you invincible to attacks outside the duel if the duel request is accepted. You can always do the classic 1v1 arenas with challengers queued spectating. but better than that would be to have several parallel 1v1 arenas running on separate spawn queues just using your large team objective maps all split up into 4 or 5 arenas. That way you could have a good 20 people on a server spread across a few queues and diverse environments.

One of the most immersive things in Jedi Knight/Academy duels were the emotes and or non-combat animations you could do when facing up to your opponent before the fight; always good for a laugh. I think you could do a few good ones for CMW letting people either be respectful or snarky. Here’s a few iconic ones:

Throw this one at the spectators after a two or three decaps in a row:

Kneeling with a two-hander (respectful or ceremonial):

Or inspirations from 70s and 80s fantasy/sci-fi covers:

If so then it has to be a server-option.
    I picture duel mode more as a gametype of its own built for support around it , maybe even with the team and/or man winning kept standing. While the integrated duel-mode in Jedi Knight is good it definitely has to be an option if that is the case, last thing I’d want is for the immersion to break whenever you want these epic battles with lots of players.

Also, at the moment the hud is perfect, its not cluttered in any way and i hope it stays this way, friendly fire should also stay on as the default option. I am bit worried hud-wise since one of their “Todo-tasks” is to improve knowledge as were you got hit from… i hope it doesn’t get to cluttered , annoying or obvious.

Keep it skillbased.