Vanguards and the pots

• hey

one thing ive been wondering and always laughing about is: the vanguard can carry (and of course throw) smoke pots but he cannot carry a fire pot! how dump is that? why dont you guys finally give the vanguard that freaking firepot.

i personally think there has to be more freedom of choice at all. i mean who says the knight cant grab a smokepot either?

anyone with me?

• Knight with smoke pot would be too strong against archers imo. (brain fart, obviously shields and smoke pots are both tertiaries.) The smoke pot seems to be intended as a flanking / tactical utility and doesn’t really suit the knight’s intended concept.

Oil pots on Vanguards and smoke pots on MAA are more debatable, although a VG who hits his hypothetical oil pot could one-shot pretty much anything except knights(?) with a Zwei hit after.

• @NORDAViND:

hey

one thing ive been wondering and always laughing about is: the vanguard can carry (and of course throw) smoke pots but he cannot carry a fire pot! how dump is that? why dont you guys finally give the vanguard that freaking firepot.

i personally think there has to be more freedom of choice at all. i mean who says the knight cant grab a smokepot either?

anyone with me?

By this logic, Vanguards should get shields too. MAA can use 1 handed axes and secondary swords with shields, why can’t a Vanguard? Even a small buckler would suffice.

• A round shield with a spear!
    Not what the OP wants but a hoplite would simply be cool as an option.

I don’t think the firepot would be so bad with the vanguard. He can have four knives as a tertiary option which can also bring four enemies to sufficient health drops to one hit them.
    Also this is direct damage while with a firepot it will one hit only after a time period since the damage is not done instantly.

I am not sure whether to do this. The oil pot is less skill-based than the throwing weapons and therefore may disrupt balance a bit.