Helmet customization lost

• Hi,

with the new patch i lost my helmet customization. I lost my veteran helmets for all classes.

Any idea why?

Thank you

LC

• Yeah I lost mine as well.

I’m sure it’s just a temporary problem that’ll be fixed sometime soon.

• tHANK YOU MATE111

• So this is probably a frequently asked question, even though i couldn’t find anything on it in the Q&A thread

I lost my veterans helmets for the M@A and Knight class after the patch, do you have to get a certain amount of kills with the new weapons to get them back ?

• You just have to wait for a certain amount of hotfixes to get them back

• Madsonofabitch

Nice name

• I can’t understand why soo many ppl care soo much about helmets or costumization in a FPS game at all. I mean, it doesn’t give you any special or extra atributes/stats except the look, right? I could as well play (visualy) naked in a FPS game, i wouldn’t care.

• @Peacerer:

I can’t understand why soo many ppl care soo much about helmets or costumization in a FPS game at all. I mean, it doesn’t give you any special or extra atributes/stats except the look, right? I could as well play (visualy) naked in a FPS game, i wouldn’t care.

But thats just you.

There are a ton of people who love cosmetic items, even more so if they had to earn it. Besides, you can go to 3rd person in this game if you choose.

I didn’t even know you could unlock helmets in the first place. Attain a certain level or amount of kills or something?

• @Roughneck45:

I didn’t even know you could unlock helmets in the first place. Attain a certain level or amount of kills or something?

You gain a veteran helmet for a class if you unlock all weapon that class has available.

• Do every weapons with certain class to unlock veteran helmet.

Im awared thats just me. I just find it interesting that soo many players care about customization in a FPS game. I care about customization in another type of games, usually those where gear gives you extra points, however in FPS i really don’t care much.

• @Toans:

@Roughneck45:

You gain a veteran helmet for a class if you unlock all weapon that class has available.

Is it applied automatically? Or do you have to do it manually in the options? Even so, that option looked like general clothing stuff, not class specefic.

I thought I had all my unlocks. (I could be wrong though, maybe a few secondary weapons left)

• @Peacerer:

Do every weapons with certain class to unlock veteran helmet.

Im awared thats just me. I just find it interesting that soo many players care about customization in a FPS game. I care about customization in another type of games, usually those where gear gives you extra points, however in FPS i really don’t care much.

Ever heard of status symbols?

• @Nevetz:

@Peacerer:

In a game, especially in a FPS game, i show my status symbols with my personal individual skill.

With my kills, assists, strategy whenever it’s possible, co-op when serious gaming, decent K/D, …etc. not with another piece of shinny metal. IMO valuable status symbol should not be something everybody can achieve, sooner or later, which requires only amount of time invested.

I try to earn respect, dignity, fear… or even hate with my pwnage. Whether im naked with a “big” red baloon instead of my head i simply don’t care. Ofcourse as long hitbox, skin’s visibility or any other attributes are the same as everybody elses’ in game. ;)

• I want a Corinthian helm for javelin users. I am not at all a bow user of any type and refuse to be associated with them because the weapon is class locked.
    I know the Agathian kickstarter is a basic one, but more can done with more plumage.

Examples : Roman Triarri helm or Macedonian Hoplite helm.

Make it a achievement for 5000 javelin kills or something of the sort.

I know this is just cosmetic, but I am just not feelin the love.

MountainLord-Los
    Vq.| Los

• @Peacerer:

@Nevetz:

@Peacerer:

In a game, especially in a FPS game, i show my status symbols with my personal individual skill.

With my kills, assists, strategy whenever it’s possible, co-op when serious gaming, decent K/D, …etc. not with another piece of shinny metal. IMO valuable status symbol should not be something everybody can achieve, sooner or later, which requires only amount of time invested.

I try to earn respect, dignity, fear… or even hate with my pwnage. Whether im naked with a “big” red baloon instead of my head i simply don’t care. Ofcourse as long hitbox, skin’s visibility or any other attributes are the same as everybody elses’ in game. ;)

Yes but we are talking of aesthetics. Veteran helmets are intended to be an aesthetic reward for unlocking all primary weapons of a class, a symbol of perseverance. Something YOU, that spent time unlocking weapons, HAVE, and others, who did not, DON’T.

It’s like legendary weapons in Guild Ward 2. No additional stats benefits, but crafting them takes a shitload of time/money. Guess what, everybody wants them. Still they have no actual gameplay benefits other than look.

• I know when its done any time line ball parked month? I ask because I have unlocked MAA VAN and Knight vet helms since this patch and haven’t got to use any of em :(. Yeah I know be patient :). But just wondering if maybe they would like to give a estimate. ;)

• Next patch.

I can’t give an ETA, but I can guarantee it’ll be some time in 2013. ;)

• @SlyGoat:

Next patch.

Holy shit in 2013? I would have never guessed that.

• @lemonater47:

@SlyGoat:

Next patch.

Holy shit in 2013? I would have never guessed that.

Beats 2014 imo. I think it’s great TB is still updating… they could just be like Hi-Rez and not do anything produtive for their game and just nerf every weapon into the ground so badly that everyone quits. Nerfs = content, right? Hi-Rez thinks so.

• lol hope its soon I unlocked all vet helms since the patch and can’t wear any, oh woe is me lol