Why so few admins on official servers

• So we have a few moderators, most of which don’t play on any of the public servers.

After a couple of hundred hours I have seen one admin.

Seems like a poor decision.

Can I be an admin ?

• @gregcau:

So we have a few moderators, most of which don’t play on any of the public servers.

After a couple of hundred hours I have seen one admin.

Seems like a poor decision.

Can I be an admin ?

Me and ReMixx were both in a match with you the other day. Caught ya! It was on citadel I believe. You use a tower shield if I remember correctly.

Steam name in blue

• Thats because I am on so much ha.

But coming off a match where not enough people voted to kick off someone with 75% team damage blantantly tking I’m still thinking there is just not admins.

• Well for one some on these forums don’t even think we SHOULD have admin power on them. :P

Also besides just a couple of games trolling Kimi in the VQ server, I’ve played ALL of my time on the official servers thankyou. I feel since I have admin powers on those, I may as well play on them if I’m going to.

Thirdly again, we all have personal lives, and this purely voluntary and ALL comes out of our own time. Going to work, eating, sleeping, showering, modding the forums and jumping on the servers to admin now and then doesn’t leave much time for much else! I don’t see why we should be on there permanently? We’re a voluntary support service, not a paid security patrol.

The Steam Group is there for people to find and shout us if there’s a problem. I don’t see why we should keep a “watch” on them. As I’ve mentioned before I don’t even get home from work until gone 7pm on weekdays, just how much more do people expect?

• @BobT36:

Thirdly again, we all have personal lives, and this purely voluntary and ALL comes out of our own time. Going to work, eating, sleeping, showering, modding the forums and jumping on the servers to admin now and then doesn’t leave much time for much else! I don’t see why we should be on there permanently? We’re a voluntary support service, not a paid security patrol.

Exactly, more admins who need not be moderators but at least enough admins to keep the game good for other people.

• Host private servers.

Play on private servers.

Profit.

• THere is the steam moderators group thingy. Their response time is pretty good too. Withen 3 minutes. If there are any on.

There are no official admins that play on the AUS and NZ servers. But we have a nice and fair community. Ok maybe not nice but when it comes to vote kicking everybody votes for the right options. Some Australians will swear at you as according to them its in their culture. So not nice.

• @lemonater47:

THere is the steam moderators group thingy. Their response time is pretty good too. Withen 3 minutes. If there are any on.

There are no official admins that play on the AUS and NZ servers. But we have a nice and fair community. Ok maybe not nice but when it comes to vote kicking everybody votes for the right options. Some Australians will swear at you as according to them its in their culture. So not nice.

None of the moderators live in AUS/NZ so we don’t get good pings there… I exclusively play on Official Severs.

• @gregcau:

@BobT36:

Exactly, more admins who need not be moderators but at least enough admins to keep the game good for other people.

I don’t really think there’s a need to have a “patrol”, nor should there be. Even if willingly giving personal time, it’s too much for a volunteer position. Also I don’t think the devs would like handing out Admin powers willy nilly on the Official servers heh.

There’s enough of us to handle things when we’re called, and there’s usually at least someone online on Steam :)

• @pycnopodia:

@gregcau:

Can I be an admin ?

[image:1ei7n0ft]http://jpg.artige.no/store/48/48621.jpg[/image:1ei7n0ft]

omg lol

• @BobT36:

I don’t really think there’s a need to have a “patrol”, nor should there be.

Yeah I guess the new hacks, more frequent frustrated tkers are good for the lifespan of the game…

• And if people encounter that, they can give us a shout and we can come on and remove them easily enough.

I don’t think ANY game should need a constant Admin “patrol”, not officially at least. Players already have enough tools to deal with most situations themselves. Heck even in a game like WoW (where Blizzard has an ENTIRE department dedicated to this), the GMs usually only act on reports, they’re not actually expected to be watching every area etc.

Also being ON a server just to watch it, takes up a slot so that wouldn’t be good. As I mentioned though while playing, I usually do it on the Official servers anyway. This shouldn’t really be “expected” though, as Admins are usually playing during their own leisure time, so it should be perfectly fine to play on any server that we enjoy.

Setting up a proper “patrol” not only takes too much time of those doing it (however up for it they are at the time), it would require widespread admin powers, and people would then treat that as a REQUIREMENT all the time. Anytime the Admins stopped patrolling due to being busy with personal lives etc, people would start screaming about it.

It’s completely up to Torn Banner of course, but I couldn’t see it really working out trying to provide that level of service, especially for free and when it would be unsure whether would be able to provide a static level of service or not. It would also end up setting too many restrictions and expectations of what Admins do with their own personal leisure time.

• Personally, don’t play on the official servers anyways unless you just want to unlock weapons. If you want better play time and a bit more of a competitive nature, go on clan servers. They are heavily moderated and tend to be a lot of fun. I like to go to various clan servers and play against different people other than my own clan mates from time to time. Good way to meet new people too and for the most part, not too douche baggy either. When I do go on the official servers, I just want to pull my hair out. Most people there are idiots and I’m not going to kick every person on there just because they are acting like a jerk. They do that to get a reaction. Just ignore them and move on. The ones who are spamming, abusing the voice chat and racist remarks definitely get the boot. I don’t want to hear about vote kick abuse and all that.

lol

• @BobT36:

And if people encounter that, they can give us a shout and we can come on and remove them easily enough.

Its too much effort and most people don’t know about it.

I’ve seen the trolls are getting smarter.

The new objective comes, they attack someone and let them kill them, call a votekick and that player is voted off.

Just creates a bad feeling in the community.

• @Kimiko:

Personally, don’t play on the official servers anyways unless you just want to unlock weapons. If you want better play time and a bit more of a competitive nature, go on clan servers. They are heavily moderated and tend to be a lot of fun. I like to go to various clan servers and play against different people other than my own clan mates from time to time. Good way to meet new people too and for the most part, not too douche baggy either. When I do go on the official servers, I just want to pull my hair out. Most people there are idiots and I’m not going to kick every person on there just because they are acting like a jerk. They do that to get a reaction. Just ignore them and move on. The ones who are spamming, abusing the voice chat and racist remarks definitely get the boot. I don’t want to hear about vote kick abuse and all that.

lol

Well I guess that makes sense now that you say it. And glad the beard is gone :-)

• @Kimiko:

Personally, don’t play on the official servers anyways unless you just want to unlock weapons.

Way to put down our Official Servers KimKims.

/removeadminaccessforKimKims

• Like lemonater47 was saying… even if it requires a little bit of effort, please use the steam mod group peoples, that’s why it was made, so when you have a serious problem with a player on an Official Server, we can come in and take care of it.

• @King:

Is the one in the middle Wingy??

• @pycnopodia:

@gregcau:

Can I be an admin ?

[image:9f1q0zq2]http://jpg.artige.no/store/48/48621.jpg[/image:9f1q0zq2]

AHAHAHAHAHA!!! Funniest thing i’ve seen in a long time!!