Legolas the Videogame.

• thats what this game feels like on some servers.

seriously put a cap on archers.

• Vanguard player? ;)

This will just be another “L2Shield” topic, but have a look around for some advice. Archers are VERY squishy and easy to kill once you know how to deal with them. The only thing I fear is the quick-fast flying death of a Heavy Crossbowman that I haven’t seen, and he’s buggered either by you (if misses) or someone else (if hits) if he’s not in a good position.

Also private servers CAN limit the number of any class.

• A team of 8-12 with 5-6 archers almost always loses. So at the end of the day, they may be killing you in annoying ways, but they are the ones that have to chalk one up in the L column.

• thousand of archers get killed everyday.

• Smoke pots are awesome (especially with the new buff to ammo count!)

• i wasnt complaining about them killing anything. they are dead weight and make your team lose.

• Nah Legolas can hit zig zag targets.

• @sir_beavis:

i wasnt complaining about them killing anything. they are dead weight and make your team lose.

The problem is bad players pick up archer and can’t hit anything like they could with lmb spam… Good archers are a huge asset to the team, however.

• @Slaughtervomit:

The problem is bad players pick up archer and can’t hit anything like they could with lmb spam… Good archers are a huge asset to the team, however.

i still have to unlock the last bow to get all weapons.

• @sir_beavis:

i wasnt complaining about them killing anything. they are dead weight and make your team lose.

Most people work on their warbow at some point or another and it takes a lot longer than other weapons. As for working on the final archer dagger I don’t have the heart to finish it lol.

• @soni2295:

@Slaughtervomit:

I found bows to be the easiest thing for archer to unlock and crossbow the hardest. Now I never use the bows and stick to crossbows primarily :lol:

• @Slaughtervomit:

@soni2295:

@Slaughtervomit:

I found bows to be the easiest thing for archer to unlock and crossbow the hardest. Now I never use the bows and stick to crossbows primarily :lol:

I loathe the xbow. I have unlocked all the weapons for archer, but xbow was such a chore. I haven’t even used the heavy xbow yet, prob never will, lol. I’ll stick to my warbow and heavy javs

• heh strange, I found Xbow to be easyest. Just target lighter classes rather than the heavies (until you unlock the Heavy Xbox).

Found it a LOT harder with the bow tbh, having to hit someone multiple times etc. Much easier to blow someone away who’s unaware with the xbow.

Javelins I unlocked more kills in melee with than I did with throwing. They really need a few more javs as ammo, and the physics still don’t feel like they did in AoC, I ended up just throwing them and hoping for the best, rather than calculating it.

• I love the power and flight path for crossbows. They have way less dropoff and that helps me quite a bit. I also love love love one shotting knights with heavy xbow!

• 7 archers on a 12 person team is the problem.

• @sir_beavis:

7 archers on a 12 person team is the problem.

7 good archers on the team (especially defense) would be a good thing. 7 baddies, bad thing.

The official servers wont cap anything like this and keep it 100% vanilla. If you want to limit archers, I would suggest starting a server and fiddling with the options and commands. Jhoersten2 seems to know quite a bit about the server options, maybe you could PM him.

• a team of 12 archers. 8 warbows and 4 Hcrossbows, some shooting while others reload, virtually invincible.

• @soni2295:

a team of 12 archers. 8 warbows and 4 Hcrossbows, some shooting while others reload, virtually invincible.

Unless the other team is smart and smoke pots them and flanks or shield wall with tower shields. Or even counter archers… But I agree, would be pretty hard to beat if they were all skilled.

• @Skream:

A team of 8-12 with 5-6 archers almost always loses. So at the end of the day, they may be killing you in annoying ways, but they are the ones that have to chalk one up in the L column.

5-6 bad archers.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@Skream:

A team of 8-12 with 5-6 archers almost always loses. So at the end of the day, they may be killing you in annoying ways, but they are the ones that have to chalk one up in the L column.

5-6 bad archers.

some of you get my point ;)