Legolas the Videogame.

• If you hate archers you are not moving around enough.

• @psychoperv:

If you hate archers you are not moving around enough.

I think you misunderstand the point being made in this thread. Moving around more won’t solve the problem of having too many bad archers.

• @AngryDave:

Yeah ok fair enough I probably will eventually try archer properly when I truly have exhausted everything else. ;)

I just feel like in most games we already have more than enough archers and that I NEED to be an objective focused player (obviously in TO, CTF and KotH). I feel like if I was archer I would just be another guy standing back shooting players while nobody pushes toward the objective.

You always play attack?

Archers can be good for clearing out objective points in a few ways as attacker:

1. Simply shooting the bad guys
    2. Annoying the bad guys enough for the to move away from the point to chase you
    3. Distracting the bad guys enough that they aren’t 100% focused on allies during fights
    4. Archer countering with archer

• Retards the videogame (yes I am referring to all the idiot players, playing vanguard and TKing more than any other class and run around LMB spamming.)

Retards the videogame is annoying, when can we have a vanguard class cap? They ruin the game!!

• @Slaughtervomit:

You always play attack?

Archers can be good for clearing out objective points in a few ways as attacker:

1. Simply shooting the bad guys
    2. Annoying the bad guys enough for the to move away from the point to chase you
    3. Distracting the bad guys enough that they aren’t 100% focused on allies during fights
    4. Archer countering with archer

I’m sure I’ll discover those things when I eventually get around to it. I’m just not that interested in playing archer and usually there are too many on my team already. Whether attacking or defending, having too many sucky archers usually leads to the other team being successful. :P

• @Blackjack:

the videogame is annoying, when can we have a vanguard class cap? They ruin the game!!

Archers are your Vanguard cap.

Good ones keep most of the Vanguards staring at the respawn counter. ;)

• @BobT36:

@Blackjack:

the videogame is annoying, when can we have a vanguard class cap? They ruin the game!!

Archers are your Vanguard cap.

Good ones keep most of the Vanguards staring at the respawn counter. ;)

Indeed, although it would be much more suitable when vanguard dies from warbow HS following with body hit… instead of just rushing on you like nothing happened.

• @BobT36:

Vanguard player? ;)

This will just be another “L2Shield” topic, but have a look around for some advice. Archers are VERY squishy and easy to kill once you know how to deal with them. The only thing I fear is the quick-fast flying death of a Heavy Crossbowman that I haven’t seen, and he’s buggered either by you (if misses) or someone else (if hits) if he’s not in a good position.

Also private servers CAN limit the number of any class.

Pretty much this, and if you ARE vanguard player: bring smoke pots instead of throwing weapons.

• @Steel:

@BobT36:

Vanguard player? ;)

This will just be another “L2Shield” topic, but have a look around for some advice. Archers are VERY squishy and easy to kill once you know how to deal with them. The only thing I fear is the quick-fast flying death of a Heavy Crossbowman that I haven’t seen, and he’s buggered either by you (if misses) or someone else (if hits) if he’s not in a good position.

Also private servers CAN limit the number of any class.

Pretty much this, and if you ARE vanguard player: bring smoke pots instead of throwing weapons.

I got a kill with a smoke pot once. I couldn’t believe it!

• It really really depends on the archers. I have had games with 6 archers on my team plantig the ground around the enemy with pointy sticks; I have also had a core of 3-4 good archers who became a defensive bastion that held off a side of the map while the team did objectives.

• Show the archers some love, these “bad” archers are just learning how to be good at the class they like. Every player goes through the learning curve of a class and archer just takes longer to learn. Eventually they’ll get good just like any other player would, so just be patient until they do. For the part that involves making your team lose, you shouldn’t be pubbing to win… If you take wins seriously then play competitively.

• I mostly play vanguard.

If there are too many archers on a server, its just less fun.

Yes we will still win, but the game settles into a cycle:

spawn- zigzag- kill 2 archers- push cart 5 meters - get shot- spawn- repeat.

The fun of this game is determined by the players on the server. I don’t believe in hard limits on public servers. People don’t like to be restricted. If the server turns sour, its not the games fault, its the players. Find another server or take a pause.