Non-Special Key?

• Maybe I’m missing something from the e-mail I just got (at 2am)…

Your key(s) are the following:
    If the key is preceded with Special: it means that it has access to the exclusive in-game helmet.
    If the key is preceded with Normal: it means that it does NOT have access to the exclusive in-game helmet.

KEY

I ordered the Prestige edition so I’m not following - do you mean when I ADD the key to Steam it should tell me what kind, or should it be there next to the key in the e-mail? I’m thinking the latter and I’m not adding it until I’m sure I have the “Special” key. There’s all sorts of headaches with Steam support if I have the wrong version (plus I wouldn’t even be sure for a while).

Also, I don’t use the same address here as I do with Kickstarter. Actually I’ll change the forum one to that for now, so you can check.

Edit: I was sent the same mail twice, too (four mins apart), although it’s identical.

• Sorry. Having some issues here still. You’ll get another one soon probably :)

• @b3h47pte:

Sorry. Having some issues here still. You’ll get another one soon probably :)

No problem; as said I’ll hold out adding it until I know for sure.

…And as I write this I seem to have gotten another e-mail, this one marked with ‘Special’ at the front. W00t! This key appears do be different from the last, mind, so I think I was correct NOT to add that one.

• Wait wait. don’t use that. <<

• Errr… Okay. At the moment I’ve not added any, then. As said I’m on the Prestige level, so it should be a “Special” one, but I’ll hold out. Is that one in use or something, then?

• Let’s just say I made a pretty big mistake in that one haha.

• @b3h47pte:

Let’s just say I made a pretty big mistake in that one haha.

So was my original key actually a Special key (since I’ve now got the same key back in an e-mail), just not marked one way or the other, and then the SECOND key I got was meant for somebody else? I just want to clarify because I don’t want to add a none Special key and be stuck with it. How can I tell when I’ve added it?

• Use the marked key in the very latest email (you should’ve pretty much just got it). You will be able to select the KickStarter helmet and actually use it once you’re in game. If you experience issues there, you can post again on the forums here.

• Thanks for the reply, and I’ve already deleted the other e-mail/key, so the secret’s safe ;).

Edit: When you add a “Special” key it actually tells you on Steam’s product activation screen, should anybody be curious.

• Oh really? Thanks for the information, I appreciate it :)