Restrict kick voting to team members only.

• Your enemy should not be able to vote NO and force you to keep a team killer.

Also you should not have the option to initiate a vote kick against an enemy because he is killing/annoying you.

Someone once tried to vote kick me from the other team because i hung back at a safe distance and shot his team as an archer. He said it was annying and cowardly. I only had a 5% team damage rating, so nobody voted me out, but I can see how it could be abused.

• Democracy much?

But seriously, mature responsible people will kick a TKer, even if he is on the other team. Nobody likes a TKer. And people will usually not vote on a player whose team damage is low, even if he is annoying someone with his competence and skills. If they don’t, you either live with it, or change server. This usually happens in pubs.

• @osta2501:

Democracy much?

But seriously, mature responsible people will kick a TKer, even if he is on the other team. Nobody likes a TKer. And people will usually not vote on a player whose team damage is low, even if he is annoying someone with his competence and skills. If they don’t, you either live with it, or change server. This usually happens in pubs.

Democracy?
    These are opposing teams/armies. We dont allow the Russians to impeach US Presidents do we? Same thing here.

So what is your reasoning to allow the opposite team to kick people on your team? There are other games out that already do restrict kick votes to your own team.

• Some people from the opposite team can witness a deliberate TK, you know. Of course, it usually is a member of the same team that initiate a votekick against a TKer. And since there’s a non written rule that people should have to state a reason for votekick in the chat, that pretty much eliminates the jealous/butthurt players who would votekick an opposing players just because he’s been killing them too often.

Another reason for opposite team votekick would be for players that are immature/assholes in chat. Everyone has to be able to kick those players out.

• @osta2501:

mature responsible people

ha ha ha. Good joke

• @CrimsonAvenger:

Your enemy should not be able to vote NO and force you to keep a team killer.

Also you should not have the option to initiate a vote kick against an enemy because he is killing/annoying you.

Someone once tried to vote kick me from the other team because i hung back at a safe distance and shot his team as an archer. He said it was annying and cowardly. I only had a 5% team damage rating, so nobody voted me out, but I can see how it could be abused.

This should have been put at least as an option for server config.

• I will always initiate votekicks against enemy tkers, especially if the enemy team doesn’t know how to do it.

This change would not be useful in the case of enemy hackers. I’m against it.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

This should have been put at least as an option for server config.

It already is unfortunately none of the servers use it as a default and there are only a few mature and responsible people that play this game.

• I completely agree that only member’s of the players team should be able to initiate or participate in the votekick.

• The fact that this isn’t in the game already is astounding. Plenty of players say no to kicking TK’ers because they’re on the opposing team.

• What if someone is hacking/being abusive? I think in that case then everybody would want to have a say in a kick. Perhaps, then, there should be a differentiation between types of kick (e.g. for team-killing, being annoying etc.)

• So TKing is the only reason to kick someone? I’d kick anyone who insults people all the time or spams the chat if it’s against the server rules.

• @Siegbert:

So TKing is the only reason to kick someone? I’d kick anyone who insults people all the time or spams the chat if it’s against the server rules.

Agreed, votekicks aren’t always due to tkers.

• @Carl:

@Siegbert:

So TKing is the only reason to kick someone? I’d kick anyone who insults people all the time or spams the chat if it’s against the server rules.

Agreed, votekicks aren’t always due to tkers.

Disagree, I think we need “Chat Mute/Ignore” for people like that.
    No need to vote kick them.

Taunting is part of the game.
    The game even has its own built in taunts.

You should be able to mute those players, not kick them.

If I had a great player on my team who was destroying the other team and taunting, I would be pissed off if the other team vote kicked him. He was an asset to my team.

You aren’t suppose to LIKE the enemy. They are the enemy.
    Most of us live in a country that allows freedom of speech.
    Same should apply to the online world.

• Well, I live in a world that appreciates courtesy. It’s not a bad thing to remind people of it.

• @Siegbert:

Well, I live in a world that appreciates courtesy. It’s not a bad thing to remind people of it.

I can appreciate that in day to day life, but I don’t see courtesy as being part of a game where you hack each others limbs off with medieval weapons.
    Just as courtesy isn’t really a part of an NHL hockey game.
    Name calling and face bashing are just part of the game.

Should we kick users for using the ingame taunts as well?

• It’s one thing to use ingame taunts, just like you “kill” people in the game. That’s part of the game and it’s fun. It’s not even much of a problem if people taunt each other via chat as long as everybody knows it’s just joking.

But it’s a different story when you’re continuingly insulting them via chat. I don’t want to play with people who openly disrespect me or others.
    On our server I warn people to be respectful to each other, otherwise I will kick them.

• @Lord:

The fact that this isn’t in the game already is astounding. Plenty of players say no to kicking TK’ers because they’re on the opposing team.

It is an option that server operators can switch on. It is up to them how they wish to admin their own servers. Encourage them to use it.

• @BobT36:

@Lord:

The fact that this isn’t in the game already is astounding. Plenty of players say no to kicking TK’ers because they’re on the opposing team.

It is an option that server operators can switch on. It is up to them how they wish to admin their own servers. Encourage them to use it.

I don’t care how non-official servers do their admining. They can turn off gravity for all I care.

But how about we get the Official Servers changed to team only voting. Only you moderators actually talk to whoever sets the defaults so what do we need - another poll or is it common sense?

• I like kicking people on the other team who keep harassing people. Rarely is needed, but yeah.