EXP Bar?

• So, I have unlocked all the weapons and didn’t really care what my rank was until now, since I think it is nice to have some sort of ‘goal’ while playing the game.

I think it would be nice if some kind of XP bar was added to the game, since the only way to find out your progress is before you reach Level 20 and that is by looking at your points in the Steam achievements page. After that you have no idea what your progress is.

Just a suggestion

• I would hate this. If it was added, it would definitely need to be an optional toggle instead of always on, as it’d just be HUD clutter.

I take absolutely no pleasure in the rank system, nor the unlock system. The one saving grace is there are no +10 XP! numbers floating all about the screen when you get a kill.

• That would be nice, but as Smittyjaja said, it would only clutter the HUG if it were visible all the time. Perhaps it could be shown in the score board? I only care a little for my rank, but if I could see my progress, it would be an incentive to continue playing, like if you see you,re real close to the next rank.

• After rank 20 ranks come so slowly it would be depressing to see your exp bar. I like the surprise when it shows up that you gained a rank. Rank is not advantageous, the higher the rank the more people expect of you.

• @gregcau:

After rank 20 ranks come so slowly it would be depressing to see your exp bar. I like the surprise when it shows up that you gained a rank. Rank is not advantageous, the higher the rank the more people expect of you.

I disappoint a lot of people being a rank 40 and not much to show for it… :lol:

• Yeah, I don’t mean on your screen while playing, maybe on the main menu or on the scoreboard or something.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I disappoint a lot of people being a rank 40 and not much to show for it… :lol:

Ic knowe thy feelinges, brother…
    In fact I feel that on player’s choosing the rank should not be public information :-?

• If we could limit ranks on a server they would serve a good purpose. Keep newbies out of some servers and veterans out of some.

• @Helgeran:

If we could limit ranks on a server they would serve a good purpose. Keep newbies out of some servers and veterans out of some.

You can. It’s just up to server owners to make use of it.

The Vq server, for instance, requires you be at least Rank 15.