Name change/impersonation bug.

• Here’s a self filmed video, of a kid abusing the bug and posting it on youtube. The sheer stupidity is beyond me…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-y1drBPgY4

Change the name to X > name in highscores/player list remains the same but when you type/votekick/voice chat it displays the name that you have changed to. Allowing you to micspam as other people and get them kicked/banned. The tool should be steam ID banned for not reporting it and abusing it to cause harm in the community.

His Steam URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thekingofv/
    His Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:18460701
    His Forum name: Asparagussufferer

• viewtopic.php?f=88&t=9866&p=86370#p86370
    @Asparagussufferer:

Not to mention Kickvote system ruins the game and only trolls use it.

Seems like you found the reason why he thinks votekicking ruins the game. Afterall, he would most likely have been votekicked for micspamming without this bug.

• You do know that manly tears is a known speedhacking retard, right?

• Well then there are 2 possible outcomes:

1. Devs couldn’t ban him because of lack of evidence, which was provided by himself and they will ban him.

2. Zero ducks will given by the devs and they will display that people who already purchased the game are no longer their problem.

• Grab a mod when he speedhacks and we can global ban. We know how the changing name works and we should have it squared away in the upcoming patch.

• Banning someone for a bug would be extremely arrogant. It’s our fault you can do it in the first place. It’ll be fixed. If he’s caught speedhacking he’ll be banned.

• @SlyGoat:

Banning someone for a bug would be extremely arrogant. It’s our fault you can do it in the first place. It’ll be fixed. If he’s caught speedhacking he’ll be banned.

I don’t think that it applies when it comes to deliberately abusing it instead of reporting it. Not to mention being stupid enough to record it and put it on youtube where it could be used as evidence, his stupidity should be considered to be a crime… :?

My opinion is that anyone who deliberately exploits a “harmful” bug, should be banned. The fact that I personally do not like him does not help the fact either, though I suppose cancers come in many shapes, in this case its an underdeveloped exploiting twat. :?