Fix the annoying controls

• When holding shift you should always run until you release it. Nudging another player or object stops you from running, this is a really horrible feeling to have to release the key and click again everytime something happens.

When everything else is so well coded I find it really strange that you keep it this way.

• Or you could just get used to it.

• Being used to it doesn’t make it less annoying.

• Sprint toggle is a check box in keybinds.

• @Andrew:

Sprint toggle is a check box in keybinds.

The OP is not asking for a sprint toggle. The issue he is describing is an issue I had reported myself a few months back. Basically, the game currently does not check all the time whether you are holding the run key or not. If you are holding down the run key before spawning, your character will not be running when you spawn, you will have to release your run key and then press it again. The same thing happens if you are already running and you get hit or something else happens that makes you stop running … You always have to release the run key and then press it again in order to start running again.

I personally do not know of any other game that intentionally works this way and I believe this is the main reason why the game feels so sluggish and unresponsive at times.

• @RicHSAD:

@Andrew:

Sprint toggle is a check box in keybinds.

The OP is not asking for a sprint toggle. The issue he is describing is and issue I had reported myself a few months back. Basically, the game currently does not check all the time whether you are holding the run key or not. If you are holding down the run key before spawning, your character will not be running when you spawn, you will have to release your run key and then press it again. The same thing happens if you are already running and you get hit or something else happens that makes you stop running … You always have to release the run key and then press it again in order to start running again.

I personally do not know of any other game that intentionally works this way and I believe this is the main reason why the game feels so sluggish and unresponsive at times.

Yes it is quite annoying.

• I agree, it’s really annoing and I can’t see a game-design-reason for it.

I relly rage sometimes when I run with my vanguard behind an archer (yeah they are always in a hurry getting away from spawn) and he just stops in the middle of a narrow passage to shoot. And breaks my sprint. Sometimes I want to tk for that, but then I remember that it’s the games fault.

• Yes, yes I do so also agree with y’all, tis quit annoying, at times.

• Agreed, especially with the post concerning the archers.