[SOLVED] Can't Join some german server!

• I had already tihs problem two weeks ago…
    (viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10152)

Now it happens again, i can’t join on some german server, such as the one from my clan (IP 85.131.166.58:7777).
    I’ve looked at my ports, tried the “dmz thing”, checked the firewall and virus program, checked the steam incompatible processes and so on…
    But nothing helped! :/

Now i thought it maybe it had something to do with the last steamupdate (16.02.), because since this day it’s no longer working.

Hope someone can help me to fix this problem finally…

Cheers Oddy

• Hi Oddy,

I assume that you can connect to all other servers just fine?

Please remove the line “Suppress=DevOnline” from your UDKEngine.ini (Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config). Then launch the game and try to connect to the server. After it times out, exit the game cleanly and then attach your Launch.log (Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs) in a reply here.

• Yes I can connect to most of the servers. There are only a few localized in Germany, as far as I can tell, to which I can’t connect.

I’ve done what you told me, but I don’t know if something went wrong, the logfile was to big for a upload, so i split it in two parts… hope this isn’t a problem sry :?

Cheers Oddy

• Not a problem at all. Are you trying to connect from the server browser or manually by an ip address?

I can connect to the IP address that you wrote in the OP by

open 85.131.166.58:7777

in the in-game command console.

• I’m trying to connect with the console, because I can’t find the server in the browser.

• @Oddy:

I’m trying to connect with the console, because I can’t find the server in the browser.

The reason why I ask is because connecting from the server browser is different (connects via SteamSocket) versus by IP (connects via IP).

Let’s try something radical, untested. Open your UDKUI.ini (Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config) and scroll down to the section “[AOC.AOCView_Frontend_JoinGame]”.
    Add a line at the bottom with the EXACT name of the server as a Favorite. Here is an example to the server “Official Classic Server #01 [24p] - Multiplay”:

FavoriteServers=Official Classic Server #01 [24p] - Multiplay

So that would be on it’s own separate line under that heading. Add your server’s name like that. Then save the change, open the game and server browser, and go to the Favorites Tab. Wait for the 20 seconds and see if the server shows up in your favorites. If it does show up (meaning it successfully queried it), try joining! Please report back if this works :)

• GREAT! Now I can join again on the server! ;)
    Thx a lot!
    I hope this time it will run longer!^^

• @Oddy:

GREAT! Now I can join again on the server! ;)
    Thx a lot!
    I hope this time it will run longer!^^

Holy crap, it worked!!!

You will have to update the UDKUI.ini if the server name ever changes even by 1 character.