Overhead "combo" from parry

• I have encountered several times a bug that seemed like a “combo” overhead cut from parry and now I have ascertained its existence. It happened to me only with vanguard two-handed swords, especially claymore and zweihander (because theyre used the most often, you dont see many people with tier 1 sword). It occurs when you hit an opponent, he successfully parries and then continues with an overhead cut. From your point of view, it seems like a really fricking fast attack (almost impossible to parry and very unexpected). From the point of view of the “combo-er” it looks like a parry followed by a fast overhead with the combo animation after stabbing (i.e. not really overhead, but sword in the middle raising up to a vertical cut).
    I was able to perform it only with the zweihander and it was always in the middle of a longer fight where i cut and stabbed before the parry, so it seems the game doesnt forget those attacks and follows up with a combo very similarly to the vanguard leap attack bug (where leap attack is sometimes performed after charging even though you attacked with a stab/overhead or blocked).

• Ive noticed it too it just cuts out all parry penalty time.

• Its a combo attack… It works with every single weapon with overheads and stabs (not sure about slashes, don’t tend to do them that often). If you time parry and attack well enough it hits opponent with a quick attack, which will allow you to go through the annoying M1 > block > M1 > block type of fights.

• You will also notice that you cannot feint with the parry combo

• Comboing off successful parries is intentional and something you can do with any attack of any weapon with the exception of weapons used with a shield.

• @SlyGoat:

Comboing off successful parries is intentional and something you can do with any attack of any weapon with the exception of weapons used with a shield.

Ahh, so I’m not exploiting anything.

• So it’s not a bug, it’s a feature:)
    Is there some topic explaining the mechanics behind this, like when I should hit which button? Because I experienced this only with two vanguard’s claymore and zweihänder and managed to replicate it only with the zweihänder.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

So it’s not a bug, it’s a feature:)
    Is there some topic explaining the mechanics behind this, like when I should hit which button? Because I experienced this only with two vanguard’s claymore and zweihänder and managed to replicate it only with the zweihänder.

It can be done with all weapons and all attacks