[SOLVED] Just another bad FPS cry for Help

• I downloaded Chivalry some days ago through Steam, and immediately experienced problems. After I downloaded the game, I started it up excitedly. But after starting the Training I realized that I’m always around 30-50 fps or while in combat around 10. After tweaking some stuff like vsynch or dynamic lighting and using the tool from this post:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10105
    I get around 60 fps if nothing happens but as soon as some action starts the fps drops to ca 10 fps again.

My machine isn’t the best but it should be able to handle this game.
    Some of the specs are:
    Windows 7 (64)
    AMD Athlon Phenom II X4 965 4x3.40GHz
    ATI Radeon HD 6950 2gb
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    ~1 terabyte HDD

So now I’ve run out of ideas what i could possibly do to get atleast stable 60 fps.

• the unreal engine is capped at 62 fps by default, you can however alter it to get 90 fps if your cpu and gpu can deliver it, heres how.

go to c:/user/documents/mygames/chivalrymedievalwarfare/udkgame/config/udkengine/ and scroll down to the section called [Engine.Engine] and find bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE “its near the bottom of that section” and make it FALSE

restart game and in console type stat fps you should see max frames of 90 if you have a decent system.

• I can’t thank you enough, this did wonders for me. My FPS are finally stable :D

• 90 fps are only in game menu :D

• @dirtyjob:

the unreal engine is capped at 62 fps by default, you can however alter it to get 90 fps if your cpu and gpu can deliver it, heres how.

go to c:/user/documents/mygames/chivalrymedievalwarfare/udkgame/config/udkengine/ and scroll down to the section called [Engine.Engine] and find bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE “its near the bottom of that section” and make it FALSE

restart game and in console type stat fps you should see max frames of 90 if you have a decent system.

Or just leave that as TRUE, but change the value of MaxSmoothedFrameRate from 62 to whatever. I put it as 120 as I have a 120hz monitor. Usually get around 90, and no poster before me, that’s in-game. :P

• @Kartmann:

90 fps are only in game menu :D

hehe, actually in game menu i see upwards of 200, in game i never sway from 90.

• btw scuzzer ,

your welcome 8-)

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.