Overtime for 'push' objectives!

• I think the game would benefit from an ‘overtime’ mechanic on push objectives. Even if time runs out, the cart should still be pushable as long as someone is there to push it. It is quite unsatisfying to execute a last minute push for the cart, only to lose out to the time limit as the cart stops two feet away from the destination.

Another thing overtime will eliminate is the premature resolution of a game. What I mean by this: if the cart is more than two minutes pushing time from the destination, and there is only two minutes left, the game is unwinnable for the offense. This means that the last two minutes of such a game are essentially pointless, because it is impossible for the offense to win.

Overtime would keep the defense on its toes. The mechanic works quite well in other games, like Team Fortress 2, where you will see heroic last minute pushes to win the game.
    Thoughts?

• I’d like overtime.

+1

• What really pisses me off is the time to takes for an objective to be completed in this game. It really needs some fine tuning.

Some examples of what has happened to me in the past.

Dark Forest.

We have 30 seconds to kill the last family. I’m MaA and I have a Knight with me.

We flank around the far right side and we kill 2 Agathian’s and we make our way to the door that hasn’t been broken yet. The door was fairly damaged and we both hacked through it in no time.

In the end, we both laid into the family members uncontested and we killed the last family member with 3 seconds to spare. We still lost the game however because it takes around 10 seconds for it to register the objective completed. This happens on too many TO maps.

I shouldn’t have to mention how long it takes for the wall to get destroyed after the pyre has been lit on hillside. A good 10 to 20 seconds of waiting time before any time gets added while waiting for the wall to explode.

Battlegrounds as well, takes several seconds for the game to register that the door has been destroyed, meaning if you didn’t destroy the door within the 5 remaining seconds then you will lose and it will count as a Mason victory when its very much not.

Either fix these really annoying bugs that really kill the mood after a really epic, close game or simply add an overtime mechanic.

tl;dr OVERTIME YES PLEASE OR FIX THE DAMN OBJECTIVE TIMES :x

• Yeah I agree, it was so annoying the other day when we were 2 or 3 seconds away from destroying the last treb when the time ran out and I was thinking the same thing.

I think some of these things need to be dependant on how far through the objective you are. For example on Darkforest maybe you only get overtime if the cart is at least 75% of the way there?

It would certainly help pushing the bomb cart which is very difficult to push all the way in time.

• Overtime would be a great idea in TO for sure. Also coding for the check to be performed at end of the timer before a winner is declared would / could be a fix to beating the objective but losing the match due to timer lag.

IE: Timer reaches 0 –> IF objective_01 = true --> defending team wins
    IF objective_01 = false --> assault team wins

I know this is rough pseudo code but I hope you dev’s understand.

• I didn’t realize the objectives don’t have a preset amount of time.

Am I wrong but on Hillside for example if Agatha has a weak team but still manage to complete the first objective they get less time than a team that lights the pyre quickly.

Seems like each objective should have a preset reasonable amount of time.

• @gregcau:

I didn’t realize the objectives don’t have a preset amount of time.

Am I wrong but on Hillside for example if Agatha has a weak team but still manage to complete the first objective they get less time than a team that lights the pyre quickly.

Seems like each objective should have a preset reasonable amount of time.

There is set time on the first objective, the less time it takes, the more time you have for the next. The only static time is the initial time, then completing the objective also nets you bonus time.

An example is Stoneshill:

10 minutes to kill peasants.
    bonus 10 minutes for completing peasant objective
    bonus 5 min for smashing the gate with the ram.

You could potentially have about 15 minutes to kill the king if you are efficient on the first two objectives in this case. Static times are lame, because the first objective becomes impossible to defend if you have 25min.

Overtime is something that would certainly be nice to have.

• I survived as king for 16 minutes. I thought we were doomed as my team was so useless. Turns out everybody being archers in the throne room is a good thing.

• @Andrew:

Overtime is something that would certainly be nice to have.

It looks like we all agree. I would love to see that happen in the future!