[SOLVED] Chivalry fails to launch; no error message

• When I run Chivalry, it fails to launch and will OCCASIONALLY say udk.exe has stopped working. The vast majority of the time, however, it provides no error and just stops launching.
    [attachment=1:353b5sec]launchlog.txt[/attachment:353b5sec]
    [attachment=0:353b5sec]DxDiag.txt[/attachment:353b5sec]

• From your DxDiag.txt:

Driver Date/Size: 3/25/2011 21:17:46, 7473664 bytes

Please update your Intel HD video drivers.

• Is there any chance that something else is the problem? I’ve tried upgrading my graphics drivers, and it won’t work. In fact, I spent 2-3 hours on the phone with HP tech support because they won’t update. However, it doesn’t seem to be causing a problem with anything else. Just curious if there’s anything else I can try.

• @LB187:

Is there any chance that something else is the problem? I’ve tried upgrading my graphics drivers, and it won’t work. In fact, I spent 2-3 hours on the phone with HP tech support because they won’t update. However, it doesn’t seem to be causing a problem with anything else. Just curious if there’s anything else I can try.

This won’t install for you? http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_ … 5&lang=eng

I hate HP :x

• Well, you would expect it to be that easy. But no, it won’t install it. The Intel driver tells me I have a special HP driver that it can’t install over, and HP tells me I do not meet minimum requirements.

• @LB187:

Well, you would expect it to be that easy. But no, it won’t install it. The Intel driver tells me I have a special HP driver that it can’t install over, and HP tells me I do not meet minimum requirements.

So you don’t have this guy to install? :?

[attachment=0:19r379m0]intelhddriver.png[/attachment:19r379m0]

• I don’t have that.

• YOU HAVE A RADEON 6770M!!! It didn’t show up in your DxDiag.txt!!! That changes everything.

Also, before I forget to ask, do you have Comcast Constant Guard?

• yes =\

• @LB187:

yes =\

LOL. Err sorry, I’m laughing because I should have asked this first :x . Comcast Constant Guard has been blocking Chivalry since the last patch to the game. You will need to go into your Constant Guard control panel or whatever it’s called and allow Chivalry/UDK.exe through it.

• Ahh! Thank you so much. I’ve been waiting seriously like 2 weeks to play this game!

• @LB187:

Ahh! Thank you so much. I’ve been waiting seriously like 2 weeks to play this game!

UGHHH I should have asked that sooner! Sorry! :(

I’m glad that you can play now! See ya on the battlefield. :k1: