What key bindings do YOU use?

• I’m curious as to what setup people are using and what would seem the most efficient to me.
    (If my mouse had more buttons I’d have all my attacks bound on it, but that’s not the case… buying a new one just for this purpose)
    Current setup is:
    ESDF - Movement (Not WASD)
    LMB - Normal attack. (I’m tired… can’t even think of the name … sweeping attack or whatever it is)
    RMB - Jump
    Side MB - Dodge
    Space - Parry/feint/zoom(bows)
    R - Lunge attack
    G - Overhead attack
    T - Kick
    W - Feint/reload
    A - Sprint
    Shift - Crouch

That seems like all the relevant ones I can think of at this moment.
    I’m basing this off some counterstrike key binds some pros were using a while back.
    I’m dissatisfied with R/G being attacks but my mouse doesn’t have enough buttons to fit it all.

What is your setup? How does it work for you? and What rank are you? AKA how good are you? I’d like to see some pro’s binds and see what they use.

And am I missing any must have key binds?

• I’m pretty much standard except I made middle mouse button kick, however I’m thinking of changing to ESDF.

• LMB- alt slash
    M3- primary slash
    scroll down- alt overhead
    mouse button under wheel- C

space- dodge
    q- jump
    f- kick

• Old skool Arrow Key setup with surrounding keys + numpad keys. I’ve been using this setup since the Wolf3D / Doom days. When Quake came out with the WASD setup, I tried it for about 10 mins and said to hell with that, rebind back to the old way.

With the Arrow keys I don’t have to look down to see where my hand is if I move… I can just feel.

And the setup works great. In other FPS’s I play people wonder how I do so well or can perform a certain action so fast.

• Most things are default except:

Battlecry: G
    Dodge: Ctrl
    Feint/Cancel Shot: F
    Use: F
    Crouch: Q
    Alternate Attack: Q
    Shove: E

I’m…I’m not really sure why I made it like that? It feels natural to me now though.

• What happens when you press Q?

• left hand mouse[i’m right handed]for look.
    right hand cyborg joystick for move,strafe,and extra buttons.

• lmb - stab
    rmb- slash
    forward wheel-overhead
    wheel button - parry/block
    foward thumb mouse button - alt slash
    rear thumb mouse button - alt overhead
    wasd movement/ctrl crouch/shift run
    q feint
    f kick
    I’ve used these same basic controls since AOC so, just had to add to my repetoire instead of relearning.
    If you don’t have a mouse with thumb buttons, GET ONE and bind alt attacks to them for pwnage.

• I play using all defaults. Currently rank 40.

I don’t know why you’d bother rebinding, it takes me all of 10 minutes to get used to a different setup.

@Cpt-Praxius:

With the Arrow keys I don’t have to look down to see where my hand is if I move… I can just feel.

So can I… with WASD. Are you implying you’ve been playing since Wolf3D & DOOM but still can’t touch-type?

• I use W to move forward

• @Vire70:

@Cpt-Praxius:

So can I… with WASD. Are you implying you’ve been playing since Wolf3D & DOOM but still can’t touch-type?

I can type just fine without having to look at the keyboard, and I’ve been playing games since the age of 4 on my dad’s Atari, with Vic 20’s and C64’s being my first introduction to actual PC’s. I type as fast as I can think of the words to type.

I’ve just been used to using the arrow keys for far too long and have been using them since the old 286 / 386 / 486 DOS days. I never saw the need or appeal for switching to WASD and yes… From time to time if I move my hand one key off, I end up screwing myself and have to look down to see where my hand is placed because I don’t use that setup at all and am not fond of having the keys so closed together.

Besides, the arrow keys are there for a reason so I give them a reason.

The Arrow key setup works fine for me and I know many friends and players who find the arrow key setup just as odd as I find the WASD setup. It’s a comfort zone issue. I can play WASD just as I imagine you could play Arrow Setup, but you, like I, would stick to what you’re comfortable with.

I would play a bit using WASD and then for a second I’d think of doing a specific action and my brain would think of my typical arrow key setup and I’d move my hand towards that key, but that key is something else now and probably on the other side of where I moved… Now I screwed up my train of thought and have to look down to see where I jumped my hand, because I have trained my hand for years to move to a specific distance which is now much tighter in the WASD Setup.

Arrow Up = Move Forward
    Arrow Down = Move Backwards
    Arrow Left = Strafe Left
    Arrow Right = Strafe Right
    Del = Cancel Attack / Feint
    End = Battle / War Cry
    Page Down = Kick / Shield Bash
    Insert = Zoom / Focus Aim
    Home = Alt Slash
    Page Up = Alt Overhead
    Enter = Interact / Pick up Torch / Use stationary item
    / = Arrow Camera
    Shift Right = Crouch / Duck
    CTRL Right = Run
    Numpad 0 = Jump
    Numpad 1 = Primary Weapon
    Numpad 2 = Secondary Weapon
    Numpad 4 = Special Item
    Numpad 5 = Fists
    Numpad 7 = Reload Crossbow
    M1 = Slash
    M2 = Block / Parry
    M3 = Aim Bow / Crossbow / Cancel Aim
    Wheel Up = Thrust
    Wheel Down = Overhead
    Y = Chat All
    U = Team Chat
    Numpad . = Voice Chat

Now you tell me you could play this setup without any issues after a few minutes of playing. To me there is a level of logic to my layout… To others, half of it may seem pretty odd, but it’s all grouped into sections that surround the arrow keys.

• Mouse with the left hand.
    Arrow keys for movement.
    Rctrl and Rshift for crouching and sprinting.
    Del and End for the two other attacks.
    Middle mouse for alternate attacks.

Etc…

• Age of Chivalry style
    Scroll down and middle mouse button both parry (and feint, though AoC had no feint).
    RMB overhead.
    Other than that, the same as default. I find it very useful to have scroll down as feint and parry as I can quickly scroll twice if I need to go immediately into a parry from a windup without having to double click. A secondary block button is necessary for holding shields.

• Numpad 8,5,4,6 to move forward, back, left , right. Numpad 0 to jump, Numpad enter to sprint, np period to dodge, np7 to feint, np3 to use, np slash for primary weapon, np9 for second, left arrow for tertiary, np star for fists, right arrow for alternate attack modifier, down arrow for crouch, np + for kick.(lefty here, obviously lol), and swings keys default on mouse.

• I use a ps3 controller binded up

l1 is stab
    l2 is block
    r1 is overhead
    r2 is spam

triangle changes weps
    square is feint if im attacking and press again to block
    circle is one button dodge
    x is jump

lstick is sprint
    my R stick is my alternate slash and kick when stationairy

• @SlyGoat:

Age of Chivalry style
    Scroll down and middle mouse button both parry (and feint, though AoC had no feint).
    RMB overhead.
    Other than that, the same as default. I find it very useful to have scroll down as feint and parry as I can quickly scroll twice if I need to go immediately into a parry from a windup without having to double click. A secondary block button is necessary for holding shields.

you can change config file so your RMB feints then blocks really quickly.

I use Q for feint, everything else default except my RMB is my ‘save-me’ button.

• LMB- alt slash
    Mouse scroll up- stab
    Mouse scroll down- alt overhead
    Mouse wheel click- regular slash
    Right click- parry/feint
    Battlecry- deleted
    Left side mouse button- dodge
    Everything else- standard

• Pretty much everything centered around the arrows.

Movement
    Directions - Arrows
    Sprint - Shift (right)
    Jump - 1 (numpad)
    Dodge - 0 (numpad)
    Crouch - PgDn

Attack
    Sweep - LMB
    Alt-sweep - Delete
    Overhead - Down-Wheel
    Alt-overhead - End
    Stab - Up-Wheel