Poll: FPP or TPP?

• Guys, do you play in First or Third Person Perspective?

I used to play in FPP since it gives feeling of being in the heart of the action, but lately I switched to TPP, because I find it easier to judge distance and to avoid swings as well.

Which do you prefer?

• FP
    4me

• FP, I find TP very unconfortable for my play-style.

• @Nevetz:

FP, I find TP very unconfortable for my play-style.

Why is that? Visibility is better imo, especially sideways.

• First person because it’s more fun this way.

• As an former Age of Chivalry player, I prefer firstperson perspective. I even began playing Mount & Blade with firstperson perspective. (I think its dedicated to be TPP, so lol)

• I voted for 1st person, but i kind of use both ( if the server allows it).

I only fight in 1st but for running arround and trying to find/spott enemies i sometimes switch to 3rd.

• I use third person for punching people, because it looks awesome.

• I use first person the most, but there are moments were I will use third person.

• First for most weps, 3rd for Flail as I have trouble judging distance with it.

• Depending on the weapon. Most weapons first person. Maul, zweihander, messer, sometimes sword of war, bardiche. 3rd person on those.

• FP

• Always 1st even though I am doing way batter in 3rd. Why? Because the gaming experience feels better that way.

• 1st person since it’s much more competitive.

• I played 400 hours in TP and then the powers that be finally decided that all competitive play must be in FP.

Tried it; didn’t like it.

Now I don’t compete.

• 1st Person as I feel I can be more accurate…. I don’t need the 3rd person expanded view because I use my ears for what I don’t see.

Too many times I see some guy running away trying to get me to chase after them… I know they’re using 3rd person to see where I am so they can quickly turn around to attack when I don’t expect it… but I do and then a thrust comes their way to interrupt their attack and then I mash their skull inside out for their petty 3rd person tactics.

And I would much rather have my weapons blocking some of my screen than a body blocking an important area of the screen, ie: where I’m going to be hit. I need to see my attacker clearly, I don’t need to be seeing my back as a sword goes through my gut.

• The perspective views and crosshairs are completely way off to start with. Why play anything but first person?

EXAMPLE: Go into first person and face a straight wall. Find the maximum distance that you can stab that wall and still make it hit and notice where on the wall it hits. Then, without moving, go into all the third person views. When you do this, just stab and notice where the weapon hits on the wall in each perspective. What you will see is the high level if inaccuracy as the stabs change location around the cross hair and hits the wall at different locations per perspective.

This shouldn’t happen if the cameras and crosshairs were done properly.

Now there are plenty of threads that discussed the advantages of 3rd person in competitive play and the argument that everyone can be in that perspective just doesn’t hold water when you consider the advantages. In competitive play, you want to make it a level playing field as possible. Allowing access to any perspective is an unfair advantage for those in 3rd VS someone in 1st.

• @Retsnom:

The perspective views and crosshairs are completely way off to start with. Why play anything but first person?

EXAMPLE: Go into first person and face a straight wall. Find the maximum distance that you can stab that wall and still make it hit and notice where on the wall it hits. Then, without moving, go into all the third person views. When you do this, just stab and notice where the weapon hits on the wall in each perspective. What you will see is the high level if inaccuracy as the stabs change location around the cross hair and hits the wall at different locations per perspective.

This shouldn’t happen if the cameras and crosshairs were done properly.

Now there are plenty of threads that discussed the advantages of 3rd person in competitive play and the argument that everyone can be in that perspective just doesn’t hold water when you consider the advantages. In competitive play, you want to make it a level playing field as possible. Allowing access to any perspective is an unfair advantage for those in 3rd VS someone in 1st.

Buzz kill. :P

There is no unfair advantage other than the unfair advantage the player puts on himself…… if there is an unfair advantage for people using 3rd person in a competitive match, then they should use their brain and switch to 1st person instead. They only have themselves to blame.

In saying that, sure, if there is an issue with the locational hitting in 3rd person, in that it’s off a bit, then it should be fixed, but nobody is forced to play in 3rd person and if they feel the wider angle of view is a fair trade off for their accuracy being off a bit, then that’s their choice, nobody else’s.

• FP all the way.

• First person unless I’m doing a 5am pubstomp and need all the advantages I can get.