Idle during LTS

• Here’s my best explanation:
    32v32 room, I’m 4 kills -3 deaths, and at the beginning of round 5 I was teamkilled right away. (it happens…) Towards the end of the round, someone put a vote on me, and it said Roland Deschain 0% team damage 50 seconds idle time. And despite my best efforts to proclaim in all chat that I was not idle, I was voted (thanks community).

Is this a bug? Should “down time” or the time you sit and wait for a LTS round to end be considered idle? I can’t think of any other way that it would of come up with 50 seconds idle time. If this is not a bug, then I suppose this thread should be moved to “ideas and suggestions” and I’ll change the wording to, fix this! Lol, thanks for reading, and hopefully this gets resolved preventing someone else’ future demise.

• It’s definitly a bug. Being dead should not count as idle (even though that sounds odd).

• So moving while in spectator resets that idle timer, but you’re talking about just not doing anything while waiting for next round. I see.

• @ReMixx:

So moving while in spectator resets that idle timer, but you’re talking about just not doing anything while waiting for next round. I see.

Yes exactly. When I died, I just sat back, sipped my soda, changed the song on my ipod, looked back up, and boom, vote was up.

• 50 seconds idle and you were kicked for that? Wait what? I don’t believe your story anymore… :|

• C’mon man…I’m a first time poster, I’m typing like a normal person, why would I lie/troll? What do I gain?

It was my first ever vote out, and I thought it was unfair. You know how these rooms are, people see a vote, they just kick.
    But this isn’t about getting voted however, it was the idle thing. I truthfully had just died and was staring at my dead body until the round ended. It was a big room, so rounds went for a few minutes.

Cant a guy just throw an “FYI potential bug” thread without some doubt?

• @Roland:

C’mon man…I’m a first time poster, I’m typing like a normal person, why would I lie/troll? What do I gain?

It was my first ever vote out, and I thought it was unfair. You know how these rooms are, people see a vote, they just kick.
    But this isn’t about getting voted however, it was the idle thing. I truthfully had just died and was staring at my dead body until the round ended. It was a big room, so rounds went for a few minutes.

I still added it to the bug tracker to be changed to the idle timer pausing while in death/spectator and resuming once the next round starts, but still, people kicked you and were saying “Because he’s AFK”??

• I’ve seen worse quite franqly.

Last week, there was a guy in the Mason team that was hiding, and someone was starting vote against dead people of the Agatha side. Of course, some people had idle time, but some others had 0 team damage and 0 idle and still get kicked.

Still, not counting idle time of dead people in LTS would help alot, but it won’t necessary make the community better when it comes to vote for a kick.

• @ReMixx:

@Roland:

C’mon man…I’m a first time poster, I’m typing like a normal person, why would I lie/troll? What do I gain?

I still added it to the bug tracker to be changed to the idle timer pausing while in death/spectator and resuming once the next round starts, but still, people kicked you and were saying “Because he’s AFK”??

I think someone may have said in chat “gunslinger is a traitor”…but I could be thinking of a different match. Either nothing was said or they said that. But I typed right away saying I wasn’t idle - just dead. And yeah man, I got voted. Like I said, 4-3 0% team damage. Just wasn’t my day I guess.

• @ReMixx:

50 seconds idle and you were kicked for that? Wait what? I don’t believe your story anymore… :|

Well, this happens quite often in fact. And I imagine people in LTS are a little bit more sensitive to that because if your team is 1 guy weaker due to odd number of total players and another player is AFK, your team will really feel the difference.

• It could have just been a misunderstanding, bad luck.
    @Roland:

I think someone may have said in chat “gunslinger is a traitor”

Looks like you’re playing Trouble in Terrorist Town. ;)