Controller Sensitivity

• I am not sure if there are many players here who use a controller to play this game but i do when playing melee classes. The controls however are wonky as can be, I once tried to setup my different attacks to the square X circle and triangle and i found that it would not allow me to perform these attacks the way i wanted.

When i would press triangle for my overhead it would change my weapon THEN swing an overhead swing. This happens with most controls when attempting to reconfigure them to the controller.

I also would love a controller sensitivity option because getting outplayed by vanguards who stab and spin when you cannot do the same is quite frustrating.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein40TfL8bs

I cant be that guy.

TLDR; Put in better controller sensitivity and allow us to remap our controllers to our liking, please.

• Are you mapping your controller directly in game, or are you using a third party program, like Joy2Key or Pinnacle Game Profiler?

• I am using motionjoy which is obviously a 3rd party program, however most of these programs i have used personally do not have a sensitivity adjustment tool or adjustment. I just thought it would be really cool to have for users who use a controller like i do to have such an option that drastically changes playstyle.

• All controller and keybinds are in UDKGame.ini (Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config).

Sounds like you are using a PS3-ish controller, but I would assume that they are on the same binds as the xbox360 controller…

Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Start",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowMenu",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StrafeLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_MoveForward_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightX",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightY",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Look_Gamepad",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Y",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_NextWeapon",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Fire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftTrigger",SecondaryKey=,Command="DoParry | Onrelease LowerShield | GBA_Aim",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_AltFire",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftShoulder",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_StartStab",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_RightThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Shove",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_B",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Reload | GBA_Feint",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_X",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Use",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_Back",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ShowScores",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_A",SecondaryKey=,Command="Jump",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_LeftThumbStick",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_Sprint | GBA_Zoom",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Up",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_UpDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Down",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_DownDuck",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Left",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_PlayBattleCry",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="XboxTypeS_DPad_Right",SecondaryKey=,Command="GBA_ToggleXHair",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

To change sensitivity, change the values for speed in both of these lines:

Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft_Gamepad",SecondaryKey=,Command="Axis aTurn Speed=1.0 DeadZone=0.2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_Look_Gamepad",SecondaryKey=,Command="Axis aLookup Speed=0.65 DeadZone=0.2",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False,Flag=,FriendlyName="Unknown")

I find that values of 5 are too fast, for an example of an upper bound.

• You and me are making love soon. Thanks so much!!

• @Pitchfork:

You and me are making love soon. Thanks so much!!

Unless you’re a pretty lady, that ain’t happening.

• @Pitchfork:

I am using motionjoy which is obviously a 3rd party program, however most of these programs i have used personally do not have a sensitivity adjustment tool or adjustment.

For future use, you should really get Pinnacle Game Profiler. It pretty much has everything you’d want or need, including sensitivity adjustment. I got it a few years ago, and haven’t been disappointed one bit since. I even made a profile to play GW2 with the xbox controller, and it is awesome (I like to play game with controller, don’t judge me). Actually, I think I’ll make a profile for Chivalry. IF you want to try the trial version of PGP, I can give you the profile I’ll make if you’re interested.

• @ReMixx:

Unless you’re a pretty lady, that ain’t happening.

Yes it is i just went 10-1 in a dueling for the first time ever i had no idea i was….decent 0.o were making love and i am a pretty boy.

@osta2501:

For future use, you should really get Pinnacle Game Profiler. It pretty much has everything you’d want or need, including sensitivity adjustment. I got it a few years ago, and haven’t been disappointed one bit since. I even made a profile to play GW2 with the xbox controller, and it is awesome (I like to play game with controller, don’t judge me). Actually, I think I’ll make a profile for Chivalry. IF you want to try the trial version of PGP, I can give you the profile I’ll make if you’re interested.

Are you able to mask controllers? IE my ps3 controller to read as an xbox controller

• @Pitchfork:

Are you able to mask controllers? IE my ps3 controller to read as an xbox controller

Yes, you can emulate an xbox input with pretty much any controller that PGP recognizes, but I’m trying to make Chivalry ignore the default input of the xbox controller: when I run my profile, Chivalry recognizes both the keyboard profile and the basic xbox controller input. Seems Torn Banner put the xbox controller scheme by default, and it cannot be turned off.

• Well, I don’t have any programming knowledge/.ini file editing, so unless the default xbox controller recognition can be turned off, there’s no use for PGP. The biggest advantage of PGP isn’t only that it can emulate an xbox controller, which a plethora of game recognize the input, but mainly the way you can program your controller, not only by the common macros, but also as a single button can be used to emulate multiple commands (tab/press and hold, tab/double tap, cycle command), as well as joystick emulation (WASD, arrow keys, mouse movement, walk/run, etc).

Shame though, it’s the first game I encountered that registered both input, or at least didn’t have an option to turn off controllers.

• @osta2501:

@Pitchfork:

Yes, you can emulate an xbox input with pretty much any controller that PGP recognizes, but I’m trying to make Chivalry ignore the default input of the xbox controller: when I run my profile, Chivalry recognizes both the keyboard profile and the basic xbox controller input. Seems Torn Banner put the xbox controller scheme by default, and it cannot be turned off.

You can always remove the xbox360 controller button binds from the UDKGame.ini.

• @ReMixx:

You can always remove the xbox360 controller button binds from the UDKGame.ini.

Yeah, re-read the other posts after I saw that, removed all lines from the ini that contained the keyword “xbox”, lost my keyboard binding, but now the Xbox controller isn’t recognized by default, so PGP works perfectly. It’s probably not required to delete all line containing the keyword, but I wanted to make sure it was gone.

There are 2 choices for OP: emulate an Xbox controller from his PS3-like alpha type controller so the game can recognize it as such, or do as I did, not emulating his controller as an Xbox controller, but through keyboard input. Personally, I think the latter is open to better customization, especially with PGP.

But if his problem was only with sensitivity, a simple ini tweak would do the trick.

• Yea the post the mod put up REALLY helped and answered my questions and suggestions thoroughly. I do wish they’d make it EASIER but hey its an indie game and they try so what more can you expect?

• @Pitchfork:

Yea the post the mod put up REALLY helped and answered my questions and suggestions thoroughly.

Flattery is nice, but you’re still not touching me.

• Give it time and you’ll come around….all the pretty ones come if you just keep your distance long enough… ;)