Shacknews Duelers Tournament - Thoughts?

• Hi guys, thought this might be relevant to the section.

We are currently on our third Chivalry tournament at shacknews.com. Each tournament we have run has been bigger than the last. We run a double elimination style tournament with brackets at Challonge which works very well.

Here’s an example of a recent one: http://challonge.com/shacknews2

We also have a Wiki for each tournament http://shackwiki.com/wiki/Chivalry_Tournament_2.0 that shows brackets, winners, payouts, videos of championships with commentary and overlays, many other matches, etc.

We’re just about to start the 3.0 tournament today. Cash prizes are given out in the form of Steam gift card codes purchased from Gamestop.

Currently this is open to Shackers and signup is completely free. Members of the community donate the cash and prizes. This has worked very, very well for us and we’ve had some incredible tournaments for a couple of months now.

Anybody else doing this sort of thing? We’ve had an absolute blast with it. I would absolutely love to see the duel mode have some sort of brackets/elimination setup in the game. Just curious what kind of stuff all you fellas have going. The more great ideas we can get in regard to running these things the better. Thanks!

• Wait, anyone can sign up on that site and participate? When’s the deadline for sign up? And is this tournament today closed already?

• It seems that the signups are still happening, but the deadline is today. I might be mistaken though. I’m having trouble finding where to sign up :(.

• Yes, any members of our community can sign up and participate for free.

This is a community tournament – we couldn’t possibly take on the entire Chivalry community obviously. Our tournaments get rather large and typically last a couple of weeks and all of the money is donated from community members for community members.

If any of you guys are shackers make sure to sign up. Tournament starts tonight. :D

• By members of the community, you mean those who are registered to the website? If so, I have, and I would certainly be interested in participating, but I’m clueless as to where to find the tournament’s registrations. If not, then… darn! Maybe another time. :P

• @Sgt:

By members of the community, you mean those who are registered to the website? If so, I have, and I would certainly be interested in participating, but I’m clueless as to where to find the tournament’s registrations. If not, then… darn! Maybe another time. :P

It’s open to current, participating community members.

As much as I’d love to open it up to the entire internet that’s just not very feasible. :P

I was hoping more along the lines to discuss tournament administration and ideas with folks that have spent some time doing it. We have run two so far and the third is our biggest yet with the most prizes – I really think this Chivalry duel tournament thing has legs.

• Good bait there with the thread title

• @CRUSHED:

Good bait there with the thread title

Edited. Wasn’t my intention to “bait” but you’re probably right.

• @fry:

@CRUSHED:

Good bait there with the thread title

Edited. Wasn’t my intention to “bait” but you’re probably right.

I know, haha. :D Good luck with the tournament, sounds good :)

• Indeed good luck with the tourny! :D I’ll have to examine how it goes and see if I can offer feedback.

• Is this for NA or EU?